2024/25 UEFA club season (Champions League, Europa League, Conference League): List of qualified teams

including formats, draws, seedings, etc.
amenina

Post by amenina »

bert.kassies wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 19:23
amenina wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 18:24 @bert.kassies For the rebalancing table: https://kassiesa.net/uefa/2024-rebalanc ... nking.html

Can you indicate which clubs are still alive in this season's competition so that their club coefficients may still increase? Maybe either by color or by adding a ">".
Some color added. Thanks for feedback.
Thank you for your great work.
amenina

Post by amenina »

In Northern Ireland, Larne and Linfield qualified for European football.

The top of the league table currently looks like this:
1. Larne - Pld 32, 77 pts
2. Linfield - Pld 32, 75 pts
3. Cliftonville - Pld 32, 70 pts
4. Glentoran - Pld 33, 56 pts (5 matches left, maximum 71 pts)

The champions will qualify for Champions League, the runners-up will qualify for Conference League, and if the cup winners are in the top three, the third place team will also qualify for Conference League.

The cup semi-finals are as follows:
Glentoran 1-3 Linfield (played on Friday)
Cliftonville vs Larne (played on Saturday)

So the only three teams remaining in the cup are Larne, Linfield, and Cliftonville, which are also currently the top three of the league.

Larne and Linfield must finish in the top three of the league, and if they finish third, the cup winners will definitely be in the top three. Therefore, both teams are assured of European qualification for next season.
dnina10

Post by dnina10 »

amenina wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 18:20
dnina10 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 17:58 Azerbaijan: Qarabag has won the league once again, with a 26-point lead over their nearest rivals with 8 games to play. They've qualified for CL Q2, though they could get promoted to Q2 or LP via rebalancing
Qarabag qualified for CL Q1, could be promoted to Q2 or league phase via rebalancing.

When I read "LP", I thought it meant "League Path", and I thought, why would they be promoted from Champions Path to League Path? :upset:
I fixed it. I wrote CL Q1 but autocorrect 🙄
Juliusz

Post by Juliusz »

Bayer Leverkusen qualified for CL league phase.

4th placed RB Leipzig (27 matches played out of 34) and 5th placed Borussia Dortmund (26 matches) are both 23 points behind Bayer, but play each other on matchday 31. So Bayer will finish in top 4 in Bundesliga.
eye

Post by eye »

Juliusz wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 17:42 Bayer Leverkusen qualified for CL league phase.

4th placed RB Leipzig (27 matches played out of 34) and 5th placed Borussia Dortmund (26 matches) are both 23 points behind Bayer, but play each other on matchday 31. So Bayer will finish in top 4 in Bundesliga.
Actually it is irrelevant that they play each other. Leipzig can only get 21 more points so cannot overtake Leverkusen
dnina10

Post by dnina10 »

Wales: Connah's Quay has qualified for ECL Q1 (with the smallest possibility of it becoming a Q2 spot depending on rebalancing). They will meet the league champions TNS in the Welsh Cup final. Since the CW will finish in the top three of the league (Connah's Quay will almost surely finish second, and can end third at worst), Connah's Quay has qualified. Bala Town is a win away and/or a Caernarfon draw or loss away from joining Connah's Quay in ECL Q1
Fotcalc

Post by Fotcalc »

I have read this topic ahead of the 24/25 and 23/24 season, and I must say that I really appreciate all the people contributing to this topic :D
amenina

Post by amenina »

In Slovakia, Slovan Bratislava qualified for Europe as they are 22 points ahead of 4th place DAC 1904 who have 7 matches to play.
bert.kassies

Post by bert.kassies »

amenina wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 01:24 In Slovakia, Slovan Bratislava qualified for Europe as they are 22 points ahead of 4th place DAC 1904 who have 7 matches to play.
But the 3rd place is only a Conference League play-off spot, isn't it?
UEFA European Cup Football for all UEFA coefficients and rankings
amenina

Post by amenina »

bert.kassies wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 09:00
amenina wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 01:24 In Slovakia, Slovan Bratislava qualified for Europe as they are 22 points ahead of 4th place DAC 1904 who have 7 matches to play.
I believe the rules for the previous seasons are:

1. if the cup winners finish inside the top three, then the teams from 4th to 7th play in the play-offs for the last European spot.

2. If the cup winners finish outside the top three, then there are no play-offs, and the league top three and the cup winners qualify for Europe.

So the league 3rd place would be guaranteed a place in Europe bo matter what.

But of course, it is POSSIBLE that they have changed the rules for this season. I need to find the regulations and double-check if i can find them online.

So for now, you are possibly right, and I CANNOT 100% confirm that Slovan Bratislava have qualified for Europe.
bert.kassies

Post by bert.kassies »

amenina wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:32
bert.kassies wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 09:00
I believe the rules for the previous seasons are:

1. if the cup winners finish inside the top three, then the teams from 4th to 7th play in the play-offs for the last European spot.

2. If the cup winners finish outside the top three, then there are no play-offs, and the league top three and the cup winners qualify for Europe.

So the league 3rd place would be guaranteed a place in Europe bo matter what.

But of course, it is POSSIBLE that they have changed the rules for this season. I need to find the regulations and double-check if i can find them online.

So for now, you are possibly right, and I CANNOT 100% confirm that Slovan Bratislava have qualified for Europe.
Thanks for the info. It seems you are right. At least that is what I understand from the Google translation of this document https://www.nikeliga.sk/dokument/55-roz ... lk-2023-24
amenina

Post by amenina »

In France, Paris Saint-Germain qualified for Europe as they are 23 points ahead of 7th place Marseille who have 7 matches to play.

In Portugal, Sporting CP and Benfica qualified for Europe as they are 26 and 25 points ahead of 6th place Moreirense with 7 matches to play.
amenina

Post by amenina »

In Czechia, Sparta Prague and Slavia Prague qualified for Europe.

The current top 6 of the table after 26 rounds are as follows:
1. Sparta Prague - 66
2. Slavia Prague - 65
3. Viktoria Plzen - 54
4. Banik Ostrava - 40
5. Mlada Boleslav - 39
6. Slovacko - 39

There are 4 more rounds in the regular stage, and after that the top 6 teams will play in the championship stage with 5 rounds. So a team which finish in the top 6 have 9 more matches to play. This means Banik Ostrava can reach a maximum of 67 points, and Mlada Boleslav and Slovacko can reach a maximum of 66 points.

However, since Banik Ostrava, Mlada Boleslav and Slovacko, should they reach the championship stage, have to play each other once, this means only one of them is able to reach 65 points. So both Sparta Prague and Slavia Prague are guaranteed a top four finish and thus a European place.
TommyChat

Post by TommyChat »

amenina wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 05:12 In Czechia, Sparta Prague and Slavia Prague qualified for Europe.

1. Sparta Prague - 66
2. Slavia Prague - 65
3. Viktoria Plzen - 54
4. Banik Ostrava - 40
5. Mlada Boleslav - 39
6. Slovacko - 39

There are 4 more rounds in the regular stage, and after that the top 6 teams will play in the championship stage with 5 rounds. So a team which finish in the top 6 have 9 more matches to play. This means Banik Ostrava can reach a maximum of 67 points, and Mlada Boleslav and Slovacko can reach a maximum of 66 points.

However, since Banik Ostrava, Mlada Boleslav and Slovacko, should they reach the championship stage, have to play each other once, this means only one of them is able to reach 65 points. So both Sparta Prague and Slavia Prague are guaranteed a top four finish and thus a European place.
According to Czech users in the forum, now that Czechia will have 5 teams in Europe, the 4th placed team (or the 5th if CW is in top 4) will enter play off for the last European slot with the winner of the 7-10 bracket.
bert.kassies

Post by bert.kassies »

TommyChat wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:44
amenina wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 05:12 In Czechia, Sparta Prague and Slavia Prague qualified for Europe.

1. Sparta Prague - 66
2. Slavia Prague - 65
3. Viktoria Plzen - 54
4. Banik Ostrava - 40
5. Mlada Boleslav - 39
6. Slovacko - 39

According to Czech users in the forum, now that Czechia will have 5 teams in Europe, the 4th placed team (or the 5th if CW is in top 4) will enter play off for the last European slot with the winner of the 7-10 bracket.
Yes, that's also here: https://www.fortunaliga.cz/text/122-herni-model-ligy