2023-24 Europa Conference League: Group Stage

Champions League, Europa League, Conference League
Jua Ferreira

Post by Jua Ferreira »

shikabalas wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 18:40 Any idea when the schedule is going to be published?
Should be tomorrow together with CL+EL
hooligan83

Post by hooligan83 »

Group A : Lille - Slovan Bratislava - Olimpija Ljubljana - KI Klaksvik:1)lille 2)33%per each
Group B : Gent - Maccabi Tel-Aviv - Zorya Luhansk - Breidablik:1)gent 2)%60zorya, 40%maccabi
Group C : Dinamo Zagreb - Viktoria Plzen - FK Astana - FC Ballkani: 1)dinamo 2)plzen
Group D : Club Brugge - Bodø/Glimt - Besiktas - FC Lugano: 1)brugge 2)besiktas
Group E : AZ Alkmaar - Aston Villa - Legia Warsaw - Zrinjski Mostar 1)aston villa 2)az
Group F : Ferencváros - Fiorentina - Genk - Cukaricki Belgrade 1)fiorentina 2)65%genk-35%ferencvaros
Group G : Eintracht Frankfurt - PAOK Thessaloniki - HJK Helsinki - Aberdeen:1)frankfurt 2)paok
Group H : Fenerbahçe - Ludogorets Razgrad - Spartak Trnava - FC Nordsjælland 1)fenerbahce 2)33%each
nogomet

Post by nogomet »

Biggest winners and losers of the today's ECL draw:

nogomet

Post by nogomet »

Top 16 favorites in ECL:

nogomet

Post by nogomet »

quelhar wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 17:40 Plzen fans are understandably very sad with this draw, not a single trip to the west, instead two Balkan trips and one trip to Asia. On the other hand, they are surely favourites to survive the group ahead of Astana and Ballkani. But those are rarely matches one can enjoy. Plzen also had troubles to qualify against Kosovo's Drita and the pitch in Pristina, where also Ballkani will play their home matches, was absolutely horrible.
Dinamo fans are not allowed to travel anyway, so everyone is pretty happy with the draw. :smile1:
bugylibicska

Post by bugylibicska »

Group A: Lille, Slovan Bratislava, Olimpija Ljubljana, KI Klaksvik - very lucky draw for Lille, no clue about the 2nd

Group B: Gent, Maccabi Tel Aviv, Zorya Luhansk, Breidablik - Gent are favourites, my pick is Maccabi TA, but have my doubts

Group C: Dinamo Zagreb, Viktoria Plzen, Astana, Ballkani - little doubt here, 1st Dinamo

Group D: Club Brugge, Bodo/Glimt, Besiktas, Lugano - Besiktas impressing, Club Brugge strong, Bodo unlucky draw

Group E: AZ Alkmaar, Aston Villa, Legia Warsaw, Mostar Zrinjski - Villa might do a clean sweep, Legia cause an upset (biased a bit)

Group F: Ferencvaros, Fiorentina, Genk, Cukaricki - small chance for Fradi, but last season topped an even stronger group against all odds in the EL

Group G: Frankfurt, PAOK, HJK Helsinki, Aberdeen - no doubt here, big gulf between the top 2 and bottom 2

Group H: Fenerbahce, Ludogorets Razgrad, Spartak Trnava, Nordsjaelland - Fenerbahce top, Ludogorets over Nordsjaelland because of the experience
THEPOSH

Post by THEPOSH »

thanos_sk wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 18:52 Hi everyone. Long time lurker, decided to sign up. Greek guy, but I have been living in Slovakia for some years now and I support Spartak Trnava here.

Spartak did a small miracle this year, managing to reach the group stages with a thin squad. A strange combination of good luck (drawing an out of sorts Dnipro and basically playing 2 home games) and bad luck (being the top unseeded club in 3rd and 4th rounds, losing their striker to heart illness).

I was obviously hyped for today's draw, I couldn't sleep from the excitement. And of course, the draw was AWFUL. Fener, who are unplayable (and we played again in 2018), Ludogorets who are a very unattractive opponent and Nordsjaelland, who are better than most Pot 3 sides, let alone Pot 4. Not exciting travel destinations as well. I am so jealous of Legia and Slovan.

Oh well! What matters is that the club punched above its weight. I managed to visit 5 out of 6 qualifying games, so I am already very happy. I hope to manage to do at least one away game now, depending on the schedule.

Cheers!
Welcome.
How is Denmark not a exciting travel destination? FCN is located close to Copenhagen and has a very nice modern stadium. It's actually in the town where I grew up. Looking forward to hosting your team.
Bulgarian

Post by Bulgarian »

THEPOSH wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 21:59
thanos_sk wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 18:52 Hi everyone. Long time lurker, decided to sign up. Greek guy, but I have been living in Slovakia for some years now and I support Spartak Trnava here.

Spartak did a small miracle this year, managing to reach the group stages with a thin squad. A strange combination of good luck (drawing an out of sorts Dnipro and basically playing 2 home games) and bad luck (being the top unseeded club in 3rd and 4th rounds, losing their striker to heart illness).

I was obviously hyped for today's draw, I couldn't sleep from the excitement. And of course, the draw was AWFUL. Fener, who are unplayable (and we played again in 2018), Ludogorets who are a very unattractive opponent and Nordsjaelland, who are better than most Pot 3 sides, let alone Pot 4. Not exciting travel destinations as well. I am so jealous of Legia and Slovan.

Oh well! What matters is that the club punched above its weight. I managed to visit 5 out of 6 qualifying games, so I am already very happy. I hope to manage to do at least one away game now, depending on the schedule.

Cheers!
Welcome.
How is Denmark not a exciting travel destination? FCN is located close to Copenhagen and has a very nice modern stadium. It's actually in the town where I grew up. Looking forward to hosting your team.
I would guess that by exciting he means a bigger club name maybe?

Welcome to the forum from me too!
thanos_sk

Post by thanos_sk »

Greyn wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 19:03

Cheers!
Hi and welcome on the forum (as a registered member).

Spartak Trnava deserved to be there after eliminating Lech and Dnipro :!:

I could not sleep last night as well after that drama in Warsaw yesterday. Although I admit I have trouble sleeping at night anyway.

I guess you are jealous of Legia due to attractive travelling destinations for the fans. In terms of the group strength, there are no reasons to be jealous for sure. :smile1:
Exactly, jealous of the travel destinations!

@offside, thank you!
thanos_sk

Post by thanos_sk »

THEPOSH wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 21:59
Welcome.
[/quote]

Farum is an interesting destination due to the proximity to Copenhagen. Exciting is a strong word 😃 but it's definitely interesting, and if the schedule permits I have it on my list to travel, and hopefully catch a few more games. Is the pitch still plastic? Or have they switched to natural grass?

It's a pity that we drew the strongest team in pot 4, stronger than many pot 3 teams. I wanted to avoid FCN like the plague 😂
thanos_sk

Post by thanos_sk »

@Bulgarian thank you!
anty1975

Post by anty1975 »

Andreas Schjelderup returned to FCN on loan from Benfica, another great move for them that would at least partly compensate Nuamah loss
anty1975

Post by anty1975 »

thanos_sk wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 23:36 [Farum is an interesting destination due to the proximity to Copenhagen. Exciting is a strong word 😃 but it's definitely interesting, and if the schedule permits I have it on my list to travel, and hopefully catch a few more games. Is the pitch still plastic? Or have they switched to natural grass?
Yes they play on artificial pitch.
Witkop1983

Post by Witkop1983 »

bugylibicska wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 21:44

Group D: Club Brugge, Bodo/Glimt, Besiktas, Lugano - Besiktas impressing, Club Brugge strong, Bodo unlucky draw

Group E: AZ Alkmaar, Aston Villa, Legia Warsaw, Mostar Zrinjski - Villa might do a clean sweep, Legia cause an upset (biased a bit)
I hope you are wrong about these groups. But yeah, Bodo sold one of their better players (Hugo Vetlesen)... to Brugge :nono:
AZ didn't play well yet, but I hope they are good enough to beat Legia and Mostar...
bugylibicska

Post by bugylibicska »

BorisMo wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 18:17 Very strong group for us but we are happy to be here. Can't wait to play Aston Villa :banana:
Yes, very strong group, probably the 2nd strongest after group D with Club Brugge and Besiktas. Just enjoy the ride. I was rooting for Zrinjski and before Zeljeznicar to make it to the GS and finally you're there. You've fished out the strongest team from the hat, Aston Villa. Congrats! Full house guaranteed, festival in Mostar! :up: