UEFA Executive administration matters

Anything football. NO POLITICS please.
Jackson Harrison

Post by Jackson Harrison »

amenina wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 20:47
Jackson Harrison wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 20:41
amenina wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 19:47

What is your question and why do I have to answer your question? If you are unhappy about UEFA's regulations, you should be directing your complaint to UEFA, not me. I simply posted UEFA's regulations, so there is no need to "shoot the messenger".
Sorry. I didn't mean to.

I'm going to put in a complaint.
Okay, I just got a little annoyed. Apology accepted.

Anyway, a similar situation also applies in the under-19 futsal coefficient ranking, where all things equal the final tiebreaker is the senior team's coefficient ranking: https://documents.uefa.com/r/Regulation ... ngs-Online
Sorry. Didn't mean to annoy you.

That's understandable as it's same sex.
amenina

Post by amenina »

https://www.uefa.com/futsaleuro/news/02 ... -calendar/

Futsal Women's World Cup qualifying: Format, calendar
Wednesday, December 6, 2023

The first FIFA Futsal Women's World Cup will launch in 2025 with four European qualifying slots among the 16 berths.

The first FIFA Futsal Women's World Cup will launch in 2025 with four European qualifying slots among the 16 berths in the final tournament, for which dates and venues are to be confirmed.

European qualifying will run in three stages between April 2024 and April 2025, all played as one-venue mini-tournaments: preliminary round, main round and elite round.

Women's Futsal EURO revamp: https://www.uefa.com/womensfutsaleuro/n ... ro-format/

Competition regulations: https://documents.uefa.com/r/Regulation ... /25-Online

2025 Futsal Women's World Cup: Confederation slots

Hosts: 1
AFC: 3
CAF: 2
CONCACAF: 2
CONMEBOL: 3
OFC: 1
UEFA: 4

Qualifying format

The lowest-ranked teams in the UEFA women's futsal national team coefficient rankings start the competition in the preliminary round. The number of teams in the preliminary round depends on the number of entries.

The remaining entrants will begin in the main round with the exception of Portugal and Spain, who begin in the elite round.

If a European team is selected to host the World Cup, they qualify directly for the final tournament.

Preliminary round (draw 27 February, matches 14–19 May)

The teams are drawn into groups of three or four teams, depending on the level of entries.

Group winners and if required the best runner(s)-up progress to the main round.

Main round (draw 27 February, match dates TBC)

The 24 teams (including a number entering directly in the main round depending on the level of entries) are drawn into six groups of four

The group winners and, if necessary*, the best runner-up qualify for the elite round.

*Depending on an eventual European World Cup host selection

Elite round (draw and match dates TBC)

The eight teams, including Portugal and Spain, are drawn into two groups of four.

The top two in each group qualify for the finals.
amenina

Post by amenina »

Something interesting developing (or stalling) at UEFA.

Yesterday, according to the UEFA calendar (https://www.uefa.com/returntoplay/news/ ... tes-for-a/), five draws should have been held:

7 December: 2023/24 UEFA European Under-19 Championship elite round draw
7 December: 2023/24 UEFA European Under-17 Championship elite round draw
7 December: 2024/25 UEFA European Under-19 Championship qualifying round draw
7 December: 2024/25 UEFA European Under-17 Championship qualifying round draw
7 December: UEFA Regions' Cup preliminary and intermediate round draws

The two 2023/24 elite round draws, and the Regions' Cup draw (https://www.uefa.com/regionscup/news/02 ... draw-made/), were held as scheduled.

But the two 2024/25 qualifying round draws were not held. UEFA did not provide any news about their postponement, why they were not held as scheduled, or when these draws would be held eventually.

Obviously I am speculating here, but very likely this has to do with UEFA's announcement in September to re-admit Russia into the U17 competitions (https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/news/02 ... super-cup/), which were met with opposition from many countries.

Probably UEFA are still deciding on whether to actually include Russia into the 2024/25 U17 qualifying round draw, and if so, how to include them.

Now, Russia are not going to be included into the 2024/25 U19 qualifying round anyway, so theoretically this draw could have been held as scheduled. But I guess it would look really "suspicious" if the U19 draw was held but the U17 draw was not, so both draws were shelved for now.

Of course, the 2024/25 U17 and U19 qualifying round do not start until September 2024, so there is still plenty of them for UEFA to decide.
Jackson Harrison

amenina wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 16:15 Something interesting developing (or stalling) at UEFA.

Yesterday, according to the UEFA calendar (https://www.uefa.com/returntoplay/news/ ... tes-for-a/), five draws should have been held:

7 December: 2023/24 UEFA European Under-19 Championship elite round draw
7 December: 2023/24 UEFA European Under-17 Championship elite round draw
7 December: 2024/25 UEFA European Under-19 Championship qualifying round draw
7 December: 2024/25 UEFA European Under-17 Championship qualifying round draw
7 December: UEFA Regions' Cup preliminary and intermediate round draws

The two 2023/24 elite round draws, and the Regions' Cup draw (https://www.uefa.com/regionscup/news/02 ... draw-made/), were held as scheduled.

But the two 2024/25 qualifying round draws were not held. UEFA did not provide any news about their postponement, why they were not held as scheduled, or when these draws would be held eventually.

Obviously I am speculating here, but very likely this has to do with UEFA's announcement in September to re-admit Russia into the U17 competitions (https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/news/02 ... super-cup/), which were met with opposition from many countries.

Probably UEFA are still deciding on whether to actually include Russia into the 2024/25 U17 qualifying round draw, and if so, how to include them.

Now, Russia are not going to be included into the 2024/25 U19 qualifying round anyway, so theoretically this draw could have been held as scheduled. But I guess it would look really "suspicious" if the U19 draw was held but the U17 draw was not, so both draws were shelved for now.

Of course, the 2024/25 U17 and U19 qualifying round do not start until September 2024, so there is still plenty of them for UEFA to decide.
I thought that.

Usually do them at same time.
Jackson Harrison

What a joke @amenina
Are you Putin in disguise? 😂

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67680042

Aleksander Ceferin: David Gill opposing plan to keep Uefa president in power until 2031

Uefa president Aleksander Ceferin is trying to change his own rule to remain in power until 2031.

Ceferin was elected in 2016, replacing Michel Platini, and one of reforms he put in place was a three-term limit for all executive appointments.

He is due to step down in 2027 but the Slovenian's supporters are working on a plan to amend the rule.

If it was put in place, Ceferin, who was unopposed when he was re-elected this year, could stand again in 2027.

Former Manchester United chief executive David Gill, a member of Uefa's executive committee, is leading the opposition to any change.

The amendment, which his supporters want as Ceferin took over part-way through Platini's four-year term in office, would mean any appointment before 2017 would not be counted as part of the allowable three terms.

The matter was raised at an executive committee meeting last week, when Gill is understood to have argued the plan was undemocratic. Others at the meeting also voiced their opposition, although it is not known if Ceferin, who has huge support in eastern Europe, has enough wider backing to push through his controversial plan.

The proposal is due to go before Uefa's congress in Paris on 8 February, when it will need a two-thirds majority of the organisation's 55 members for the relevant statutes to be amended.

In a statement, Uefa said on Monday: "The legal committee proposed a number of changes to the statutes which clarify some existing provisions to ensure that none are applicable retroactively - in line with a basic legal principle. Both the governance committee and the executive committee approved the changes which will now be considered by congress in February."
FEPG

Post by FEPG »

Jackson Harrison wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 09:38Uefa president Aleksander Ceferin is trying to change his own rule to remain in power until 2031.
If not Čeferin, then who? Just enough time to invade the World Rugby federation & return it to its 'native harbour'. The circus of players running with the ball in hand must be brought to an end.
Tazmania

Post by Tazmania »

I support this change; the remainder of the previous term he inherited should be discounted when applying the three-term maximum rule, which I think is very important.

He only served about 2.5 years of that term (September 2016 to February 2019).

Interestingly, I think UEFA is still the only major sports organisation at which a person is no longer eligible to be elected or re-elected once they have turned 70.
krdel

Post by krdel »

When he was first elected, he said for Slovenian media: I would limit the mandate to two terms, I do not want to be the eternal president. :lol:

There are some interesting things going on in the back for some time, but I did not want to comment it, as then I will be again attacked, labelled etc. and I really do not have the nerves for such debates. Just waint for the next week. :wink:

btw is it possible to edit the openning post? It would be nice if the topic could be renamed to something like UEFA agendas, meetings and decisions or something similar.
UEFA - We care about money. Pravda za Kolubaru!
amenina

Post by amenina »

krdel wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 08:25 When he was first elected, he said for Slovenian media: I would limit the mandate to two terms, I do not want to be the eternal president. :lol:

There are some interesting things going on in the back for some time, but I did not want to comment it, as then I will be again attacked, labelled etc. and I really do not have the nerves for such debates. Just waint for the next week. :wink:

btw is it possible to edit the openning post? It would be nice if the topic could be renamed to something like UEFA agendas, meetings and decisions or something similar.
The person who made the first post can edit it, so that would be @Jackson Harrison.
Jackson Harrison

amenina wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 08:29
krdel wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 08:25 When he was first elected, he said for Slovenian media: I would limit the mandate to two terms, I do not want to be the eternal president. :lol:

The person who made the first post can edit it, so that would be @Jackson Harrison.
Consider it done!
amenina

Post by amenina »

Note: only to test the new title, not for political discussions.

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/news/02 ... president/

Aleksander Čeferin meets with Ukrainian President
Tuesday, December 12, 2023

UEFA President Aleksander Čeferin and President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelenskyy engaged in a telephone conversation this weekend, sharing perspectives on the actual geo-political and sporting matters.

The UEFA President expressed his unwavering support and admiration for Ukraine and the courage of its people in these difficult times and conveyed hope for a swift and peaceful resolution that would bring stability and prosperity to Ukraine. He also wished the Ukraine national team the best of luck for their upcoming playoff matches for UEFA EURO 2024.

Mr. Zelenskyy expressed gratitude to UEFA for promoting peace, tolerance, and fairness through its competitions and for the support that the European football governing body has given to Ukraine since the start of the conflict.
TommyChat

Post by TommyChat »

Tazmania wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 08:15 I support this change; the remainder of the previous term he inherited should be discounted when applying the three-term maximum rule, which I think is very important.

Interestingly, I think UEFA is still the only major sports organisation at which a person is no longer eligible to be elected or re-elected once they have turned 70.
The current Greek government enacted a 70-year old age limit for every sports federation elected official, mainly to force the entire basketball federation board to retire. :degsmile:
Sagy

Post by Sagy »

TommyChat wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 05:16
Tazmania wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 08:15 I support this change; the remainder of the previous term he inherited should be discounted when applying the three-term maximum rule, which I think is very important.

The current Greek government enacted a 70-year old age limit for every sports federation elected official, mainly to force the entire basketball federation board to retire. :degsmile:
Is this in conflict with FIFA’s rule that no government interference with national FA operations is allowed? In the past FIFA issued bans in such cases.
Jackson Harrison

Article 22.1 of the UEFA Statutes states:
Jackson Harrison

Tazmania wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 08:15 Interestingly, I think UEFA is still the only major sports organisation at which a person is no longer eligible to be elected or re-elected once they have turned 70.
FIFA and all the other confederations also have this rule!

I don't support this rule!