FIFA Beach Soccer World Cup UAE 2024

Anything football. NO POLITICS please.
Jackson Harrison

Post by Jackson Harrison »

rpo.castro wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 22:24 You must be desperate for attention or getting paid by post or whatever.
No you're the one been pedantic and petty. Tensions and war are different. UEFA ExCo put these sepearations in place and in most cases there isn't a war, Spain/Gibraltar aren't at war for example.

Not getting paid! If I was I'd be a very rich man! :) ;)
amenina

Post by amenina »

On a football level, there are a few differences on how Ukraine treat Russia (and Belarus) before and after the 2022.

1. Before 2022, while UEFA tried to avoid Ukraine and Russia facing each other, Ukraine were still participating in tournaments where Russia were also involved (e.g., Euro 2020 final tournament). Nowadays, Ukraine’s stance is that they flat out refuse to play in a tournament (including qualifiers) if Russia are involved (even if they are separated into different groups). For example, they are saying they will boycott the U17 qualifiers after UEFA readmitted the Russian teams (and are asking other countries not to play Russia).

https://www.reuters.com/sports/soccer/u ... 023-09-27/

2. Before 2022, while UEFA tried their best to separate Ukraine and Russia, there were still a few occasions in the knockout stage of tournaments where they had to play each other (men’s and women’s futsal for example), and those matches still went ahead as normal. Obviously with Russia banned, none of this is possible now,

3. Before 2022, Ukraine refused to travel to Russia for football competitions (hence the boycott of the 2021 Beach Soccer World Cup). Obviously it is a moot point nowadays since no international sports competitions are held in Russia.

4. Before 2022, Ukraine and Belarus could play each other “normally”. Nowadays, with Belarus still able to compete in UEFA competitions, the two countries are separated from playing each other, but they are still participating in the same qualifying tournaments (e.g., Euro 2024). Ukraine’s stance, as shown by the boycott of the 2024 Beach Soccer World Cup, is that they are not willing to appear in the same final tournament together (even if they are drawn into different groups), and want the authorities to remove Belarus (a curious stance, given that if the authorities allow Belarus to play in the qualifiers, they will most likely allow them to play in the final tournament). One may wonder what would happen if Belarus actually had a good football team, and both Ukraine and Belarus qualified for the Euros (although you can argue we may see a different reaction since there is a significant difference between the importance of football and beach soccer).
Jackson Harrison

amenina wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 05:19 On a football level, there are a few differences on how Ukraine treat Russia (and Belarus) before and after the 2022.

1. Before 2022, while UEFA tried to avoid Ukraine and Russia facing each other, Ukraine were still participating in tournaments where Russia were also involved (e.g., Euro 2020 final tournament). Nowadays, Ukraine’s stance is that they flat out refuse to play in a tournament (including qualifiers) if Russia are involved (even if they are separated into different groups). For example, they are saying they will boycott the U17 qualifiers after UEFA readmitted the Russian teams (and are asking other countries not to play Russia).

2. Before 2022, while UEFA tried their best to separate Ukraine and Russia, there were still a few occasions in the knockout stage of tournaments where they had to play each other (men’s and women’s futsal for example), and those matches still went ahead as normal. Obviously with Russia banned, none of this is possible now,

3. Before 2022, Ukraine refused to travel to Russia for football competitions (hence the boycott of the 2021 Beach Soccer World Cup). Obviously it is a moot point nowadays since no international sports competitions are held in Russia.

4. Before 2022, Ukraine and Belarus could play each other “normally”. Nowadays, with Belarus still able to compete in UEFA competitions, the two countries are separated from playing each other, but they are still participating in the same qualifying tournaments (e.g., Euro 2024). Ukraine’s stance, as shown by the boycott of the 2024 Beach Soccer World Cup, is that they are not willing to appear in the same final tournament together (even if they are drawn into different groups), and want the authorities to remove Belarus (a curious stance, given that if the authorities allow Belarus to play in the qualifiers, they will most likely allow them to play in the final tournament). One may wonder what would happen if Belarus actually had a good football team, and both Ukraine and Belarus qualified for the Euros (although you can argue we may see a different reaction since there is a significant difference between the importance of football and beach soccer).
If Ukraine had qualified for 2018 World Cup in Russia would they have withdrawn?

Belarus could still qualify for Euro 2024 and would be interesting if they did.
amenina

Post by amenina »

Jackson Harrison wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 12:04
amenina wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 05:19 On a football level, there are a few differences on how Ukraine treat Russia (and Belarus) before and after the 2022.

If Ukraine had qualified for 2018 World Cup in Russia would they have withdrawn?

Belarus could still qualify for Euro 2024 and would be interesting if they did.
I doubt they would have withdrawn from 2018 World Cup if they had qualified. Again, the significance of football and beach soccer is quite different.

Well, Ukraine are not sure of qualifying for Euro 2024 themselves, so we shall see.
rpo.castro

Post by rpo.castro »

amenina wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 16:49 I doubt they would have withdrawn from 2018 World Cup if they had qualified. Again, the significance of football and beach soccer is quite different.

Well, Ukraine are not sure of qualifying for Euro 2024 themselves, so we shall see.
As I stated above things in 2018 were not the same in 2022.
I m not sure they would travel to Russia. I think they would take the spotlights to bring attention to the invasion been prepared.
Jackson Harrison

My tournament predictions

Group A
1. 🇮🇹 Italy
2. 🇦🇪 United Arab Emirates

3. 🇺🇸 USA
4. 🇮🇹 Italy

Group B

1. 🇵🇫 Tahiti
2. 🇪🇸 Spain

3. 🇦🇷 Argentina
4. 🇮🇷 IR Iran

Group C
1. 🇯🇵 Japan
2. 🇸🇳 Senegal

3. 🇧🇾 Belarus
4. 🇨🇴 Colombia

Group D
1. 🇵🇹 Portugal
2. 🇧🇷 Brazil

3. 🇴🇲 Oman
4. 🇲🇽 Mexico

Quarter-finals
🇮🇹>🇪🇸
🇯🇵<🇧🇷
🇵🇫>🇦🇪
🇵🇹>🇸🇳

Semi-finals
🇮🇹<🇧🇷
🇵🇫>🇵🇹

3rd place
🇵🇹>🇮🇹

Final
🇵🇫>🇧🇷

🥇🇵🇫
🥈🇧🇷
🥉🇵🇹

🇵🇫 Tahiti to claim their first title!
Last edited by Jackson Harrison on Fri Feb 16, 2024 18:29, edited 2 times in total.
rpo.castro

Post by rpo.castro »

Oh my eyes!
Jackson Harrison

rpo.castro wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 23:08 Oh my eyes!
:question:
amenina

Post by amenina »

rpo.castro

Post by rpo.castro »

Jackson Harrison wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 23:15
The green!!
Jackson Harrison

rpo.castro wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 22:57
The green!!
That's to illustrate who I think will be through.
rpo.castro

Post by rpo.castro »

Jackson Harrison wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 23:53

The green!!
Its hard for our eyes. Don't use that combination.
Jackson Harrison

rpo.castro wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 14:58
The green!!
Red for eliminated, green for through!
rpo.castro

Post by rpo.castro »

Jackson Harrison wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 15:40
rpo.castro wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 14:58

Red for eliminated, green for through!
Are you blind? That fucking green shade against the blue backgound is a mess!
amenina

Post by amenina »

Group stage final rankings

Group A
1 Italy
2 UAE
3 Egypt
4 USA

Group B
1 Iran
2 Tahiti
3 Argentina
4 Spain

Group C
1 Belarus
2 Japan
3 Senegal
4 Colombia

Group D
1 Brazil
2 Portugal
3 Oman
4 Mexico

Knockout bracket

So on one half, we have 3 AFC teams + 1 CONMEBOL team, and on the other half, we have 3 UEFA teams + 1 OFC team.