EURO 2024 - qualifiers

Euro 2024, World Cup 2026, etc.
Overgame

Post by Overgame »

Greece isn't so surprising. They had a difficult group and weren't that far from 2nd place. Path C is supposed to be the weakestand playing home is a bi boost.

Poland, even if they failed hard during the qualifiers, were facing a pot D team who took a single point in 8 games, against Azerbaijan. After 30 minutes, Estonia was reduced to 10 and 1-0 down.

Iceland's win is a surprise, but it happenss. 2 goals were score late, when Israel was down to 10 and missed a penalty to draw the game.

The big win for Wales is surprising, but I gave up trying to understand that team.

Bosnia was close of an upset, but they were also playing at home.

I am a bit disappointed at Luxemburg. They had a shot at a direct qualification vs Slovakia, they blew it. And now they cannot elminate Georgia.
amenina

Post by amenina »

seso

Post by seso »

Great results for Greece and Wales!!

Wales vs Poland will be very interesting and of course rooting for Greece!!
rpo.castro

Post by rpo.castro »

@Lorric Don't know if anyone post it here already but "nice" shirt of England woke NT
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

rpo.castro wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 20:32 @Lorric Don't know if anyone post it here already but "nice" shirt of England woke NT
Was unaware, but I'm actually more annoyed by the quotes from Nike than what they've actually done. It just shows this company is a million miles from what the company making the England shirts should be.

I've talked about this company before:
Lorric wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2016 22:35
Thunder_PT wrote:
Lorric wrote:The Portugal kit is an exact palette swap of the England kit. England first:
Mostly white / mostly red.
Red socks / green socks.
Blue stripe down the shirt sides / black stripe down the shirt sides.
Grey around the shoulder area / darker around the shoulder area.
Crests in the same place.
Nike ticks in the same place.
Nike always does this, all their kits look the same.

Smalling scores, from the first serious goal chance of the game.
There was one clear chance in the first half, but shot straight at the keeper.

I didn't know that about Nike. I don't know if it's common for other kit makers, but it feels wrong. A national team kit should be a high quality custom made piece of work, not something off a palette swap production line.
Nike is a very woke company, and I'm not sure, but it looks like they've done this on their own rather than been instructed to by the FA. Though the FA have no plans to do anything about it.

Woke or not, there shouldn't be any "playful updates" or "Interpretations" of things which don't need "interpreting" or "paying homage to forward thinking fashionistas." I'm sure I don't need to tell you or anyone else on this forum what a national team football shirt should be. This company is not fit to be producing national team shirts, woke or not.
Greyn

Post by Greyn »

Nike also make shirts for Poland NT. They made one big change, that I strongly dislike, by placing Polish coat of arms (White Eagle) in a central part of the shirt, while normally it was on the left side for decades. I guess the idea was to make a relation to Poland golden decade (1972-82), when Poland played in shirts with such a placement for the White Eagle, but I still don't like it. Besides poor design, price for this shirt is simply crazy - 690 PLN (160 euro) :shock: .
Witkop1983

Post by Witkop1983 »

Surprise win by Wales over Finland. The ticket now has Polands name written all over it
path B already had Ukraines name written all over it and they already took the hardest hurdle now.
Georgia - Greece is a 50/50 for me
Overgame

Post by Overgame »

Witkop1983 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 09:40 Surprise win by Wales over Finland. The ticket now has Polands name written all over it
path B already had Ukraines name written all over it and they already took the hardest hurdle now.
I mostly disagree.
Wales was competitive against Turkey and Croatia, they lost the qualification against Armenia while Finland and Poland had easier groups and failed against the top. They faced eacher other twice in NL and both games were close. You might consider poland favourite, but don't forget that the game is played in Cardiff.
Ok for Ukraine, Iceland seems weaker.
But Georgia - Greece 50/50? Are we talking about the Georgia who had no impact in the qualification and Greece who was in a fight for the second spot vs the Netherlands?

I might be hella wrong, but then the betting sites are also as wrong as I am.
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

Witkop1983 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 09:40 Surprise win by Wales over Finland. The ticket now has Polands name written all over it
:question:

Wales were the favourite to beat Finland, and are the favourite to beat Poland. With the bookmakers and with FIFA and Elo, they're the highest ranked team, and they're at home.
naaba

Post by naaba »

Lorric wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 22:34
rpo.castro wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 20:32 @Lorric Don't know if anyone post it here already but "nice" shirt of England woke NT
Was unaware, but I'm actually more annoyed by the quotes from Nike than what they've actually done. It just shows this company is a million miles from what the company making the England shirts should be.

Thunder_PT wrote:
Nike always does this, all their kits look the same.

Smalling scores, from the first serious goal chance of the game.

I didn't know that about Nike. I don't know if it's common for other kit makers, but it feels wrong. A national team kit should be a high quality custom made piece of work, not something off a palette swap production line.
Nike is a very woke company, and I'm not sure, but it looks like they've done this on their own rather than been instructed to by the FA. Though the FA have no plans to do anything about it.

Woke or not, there shouldn't be any "playful updates" or "Interpretations" of things which don't need "interpreting" or "paying homage to forward thinking fashionistas." I'm sure I don't need to tell you or anyone else on this forum what a national team football shirt should be. This company is not fit to be producing national team shirts, woke or not.
Apparently Rishi Sunak voiced against that modification too. What's the stand of FA or players ? Are they going to play with a jersey free of their actual flag ?

I can't imagine the outrage if it had been done with the Turkish flag.
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

naaba wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:13

Apparently Rishi Sunak voiced against that modification too. What's the stand of FA or players ? Are they going to play with a jersey free of their actual flag ?

Both main parties are against it, a rare thing. Wide condemnation. But the FA are blindly going ahead with it. Players seem to be on board, but are you going to speak out in public against your boss?
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

Germany are going to be in Nike kits from 2027 too, ending a >70 year run with German company Adidas.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-68634777
rpo.castro

Post by rpo.castro »

Lorric wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:16
naaba wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:13

Both main parties are against it, a rare thing. Wide condemnation. But the FA are blindly going ahead with it. Players seem to be on board, but are you going to speak out in public against your boss?
Just non sense.
And Nike, for me are the worst making football kits. They copy a lot, a lot of this woke things not respecting the country but their american agenda, very very expensive and not that great material, not dor that price.
seso

Post by seso »

I read that the 54,000 tickets for the Georgia-Greece match at the Boris Paichadze Dinamo Arena have already been sold out! Greece has taken 2,000 tickets that amazingly costed just 7 euro each!
KRB

Post by KRB »

Kamtedrejt wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:36 🇪🇺 🌍 2024 EURO playoff predictions

Path A

🇵🇱 POL (77) 3-0 🇪🇪 EST (63)
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 WAL (77) 0-1 🇫🇮 FIN (75.5)

🇫🇮 FIN (75.5) 1-1 AET 🇵🇱 POL (77)
🇫🇮 FIN win on penalties

🇫🇮 Finland complete Group D with 🇳🇱 Netherlands, 🇦🇹 Austria and 🇨🇵 France

Path B

🇮🇱 ISR (71.5) 2-1 AET 🇮🇸 ISL (69.5)
🇧🇦 BIH (66.5) 1-3 🇺🇦 UKR (80.5)

🇺🇦 UKR (80.5) 2-0 🇮🇱 ISR (71.5)

🇺🇦 Ukraine complete Group E with 🇧🇪 Belgium, 🇸🇰 Slovakia and 🇷🇴 Romania

Path C

🇬🇪 GEO (74) 0-1 🇱🇺 LUX (71)
🇬🇷 GRE (78) 2-0 🇰🇿 KAZ (73)

🇱🇺 LUX (71) 0-1 🇬🇷 GRE (78)

🇬🇷 Greece complete Group F with 🇹🇷 Türkiye, 🇵🇹 Portugal and 🇨🇿 Czechia

For questions and more interaction follow me please on Twitter. Thanks.
Just to compare my predictions with @Kamtedrejt 's method, with exceptions of the matches that we both found, I found 2 winners, while he found none! I say that because he didn't have the kindness to answer my question. I considered him a person with the same hobby "predicting result with a method". He told me 2 months before that my method is rubbish.

Continue to have stupid videos!