EURO 2024 - qualifiers

Euro 2024, World Cup 2026, etc.
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

Oh actually I'm not sure if that third was central.
Greyn

Post by Greyn »

Lorric wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 23:30 Poland win 5-4. Wales hit 3 down the middle, they didn't get away with it thrice.

Congratulations Poles! A campaign filled with torture for you throughout, but victory is yours! :)
Szczęsny :mol: :mol: :mol:

Time to celebrate :!: :applause:

Time for reflections about this campaign and chances in the main tournament will come later.
BurningStorm

Post by BurningStorm »

Congrats to Poland, Georgia and Ukraine. I expected Greece and Wales to advance, but both were decided in PSO so it's not a shame for me.

Hard group for Poland with France, Netherlands and Austria. The game against Austria in Berlin could be crucial for the 3rd place.

Georgia are with Portugal, Turkey and Czechia, maybe one point is possible, but not more I think.

Ukraine play against Belgium, Slovakia and Romania. Three way dance behind Belgium.
Polak

Post by Polak »

Well that wasn't great for the heart rate but thankfully Poland made it through, just.

Not a great match although fairly even I would say. If Poland went out though they couldn't complain as they didn't manage a proper shot on target in 2 hours of football. Statistically they had 2 shots on target but in actual fact they were both balls into the box that went a bit long and landed safely in the goalkeepers arms.

Oh and yes, that kick off was dreadful. A real WTF moment.
amenina

Post by amenina »

anty1975

Post by anty1975 »

BurningStorm wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 23:43 Congrats to Poland, Georgia and Ukraine. I expected Greece and Wales to advance, but both were decided in PSO so it's not a shame for me.

Hard group for Poland with France, Netherlands and Austria. The game against Austria in Berlin could be crucial for the 3rd place.

Georgia are with Portugal, Turkey and Czechia, maybe one point is possible, but not more I think.

Ukraine play against Belgium, Slovakia and Romania. Three way dance behind Belgium.
Ukraine should beat Slovakia and Romania, if you look at squad quality they are much closer to Belgium than to two others in their group. I expect Belgium and Ukraine to finish top-2 easily.
anty1975

Post by anty1975 »

As for Georgia yes they are outsiders of the group but against Turkey and Czech rep they can get something. Against Portugal I doubt it, too big difference in quality
seso

Post by seso »

A terrible match by Greece and they're out... The same for Wales... Congrats to Poland!
wannabeontop

Post by wannabeontop »

So Ukraine is the new Hungary (not literally!) by eliminating Iceland in the last minutes of the playoff final:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=743967607721048
In Game of Thrones conquerors always say to the defeated side: "Bend the knee and you''ll live". As if they weren't alive right now.

I'm smarter than it shows. Just don't want to discourage anyone.