ECJ verdict on UEFA vs Superleague

including formats, draws, seedings, etc.
babaluj1

Post by babaluj1 »

emortal wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:37

If Dinamo is worse, how come they won the league last year?

Participation in the UEFA leagues will always depend on previous years results, not current form.
And this will be true in any other competition as well.

If anything, it'll be worse in case of an ESL for Hajduk/Rijeka.

Now all they have to do is win the league (i.e. prove they're better than Dinamo) and they'll reap the reward of better CL/EL/ECL ticket.
All they have to do is be consistently good and they'll get better seeding as well.

In the ESL system Dinamo will practically never fall out of, especially not in favour of Hajduk or Rijeka.
I bet that the ESL "ceo" will find a way to game the criteria to keep Dinamo in, regardless of merit.
Be it "wild card" participation spots, stadium criteria to keep the "undesirables" out, etc.

Just look at what happened in basketball "euroleague".
The UEFA qualification system is unfair and degenerate due to enormous privileges, this is especially visible in the qualifications for non-champions in the ECL. :D
The most popular Croatian club Hajduk, which has over 100 thousand members and millions of fans, not only in Croatia, but all over the world, is one of the biggest victims of UEFA. In this championship, they played 3 derbies with Dinamo and have one victory in Split and a victory and draw in two away matches in Zagreb. :banana: They are the strongest club in the league this season, they have by far the largest audience in the stadiums, but they have not been able to play in the UEFA GS for over 10 years. They are not even lucky in the draw, this season they were eliminated by the strong PAOK, last year by Villareal, but that says something about the degenerate UEFA qualification system. :sigh:
The Superliga will have a normal system of entry and relegation from the STAR, GOLD and BLUE leagues. The same as in all European football leagues, the last 2 worst clubs are relegated and play in a weaker league next season, where they need to reach the finals in order to return to a stronger league. The two best clubs, the finalists of the Gold and Blue leagues, move up to the stronger league. From the Blue League alone, 20 out of a total of 32 clubs drop out, and 20 new ones enter every year depending on the results in the national championships. This is good because a large number of new clubs will earn money in the Super League. As a result, domestic European leagues will have more competitive clubs and championships. :clapping:
Eurocity

Post by Eurocity »

babaluj1 wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:10 The most popular Croatian club Hajduk, which has over 100 thousand members and millions of fans, not only in Croatia, but all over the world, is one of the biggest victims of UEFA.
Hajduk has lost to Gzira United and Tobol in recent years. Thus poor rating and bad draws. It's pure their own fault, not UEFA or anyone else. If you can't overcome clubs from Malta and Kazakhstan (even non-champions), what SL you are talking about?
babaluj1

Post by babaluj1 »

Eurocity wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:35
babaluj1 wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:10 The most popular Croatian club Hajduk, which has over 100 thousand members and millions of fans, not only in Croatia, but all over the world, is one of the biggest victims of UEFA.
Hajduk has lost to Gzira United and Tobol in recent years. Thus poor rating and bad draws. It's pure their own fault, not UEFA or anyone else. If you can't overcome clubs from Malta and Kazakhstan (even non-champions), what SL you are talking about?
'I am telling you about this and last season, and you're going back a dozen years. :D This season, Dinamo convincingly lost in Kosovo against Ballkani and were heavily outplayed. Despite that, Dinamo is in the knockout phase of the ECL, even though it didn't deserve it in any way. Now they will get 5 goals per game in the knockout phase of the ECL. To enter the GS ECL you need to beat Villareal or PAOK, and to pass the ECL group it is enough to beat Astana, you can play 1-1 with Ballkani. :mol:
This is where you can see all the senselessness of UEFA qualifications, the scoring system and the like. :sigh:
rpo.castro

Post by rpo.castro »

babaluj blaming a third party is a classic
emortal

Post by emortal »

babaluj1 wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:10 The UEFA qualification system is unfair and degenerate due to enormous privileges, this is especially visible in the qualifications for non-champions in the ECL. :D
Oh, so UEFA system is unfair.
Let's replace it with one that's less fair.
How childish ...
😂😂😂

Pure comedy, something I'd expect an Olympiakos fan to spout.
babaluj1 wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:10 In this championship, they played 3 derbies with Dinamo and have one victory in Split and a victory and draw in two away matches in Zagreb. :banana: They are the strongest club in the league this season,
Again.

If they are, and that translates to a championship, good for them.
They'll get a spot in the CL qualifiers, with all the "protections" and fallbacks to EL/ECL.
babaluj1 wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:10 they have by far the largest audience in the stadiums, but they have not been able to play in the UEFA GS for over 10 years.
I don't get this argument.

So, you're saying UEFA should enact an attendance requirement?
You realize Hajduk isn't even a top-100 club in attendance numbers Europe-wide, right?
babaluj1 wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:10 They are not even lucky in the draw, this season they were eliminated by the strong PAOK, last year by Villareal, but that says something about the degenerate UEFA qualification system. :sigh:
I don't know about Villareal, but this year they got PAOK in ECL-R3 as unseeded.

Or rather I should say they got the "ghost of PAOK".
A very weakened team, completely different to the current one that, for example, beat Eintracht.

Even so, Hajduk didn't impress me and I was certain PAOK will go through after the 0-0 in Split.
I mean, in a nutshell Livaja is the entire team offensively.

Then, you're complaining about "luck" drawing Villareal and PAOK as unseeded?
What should we PAOK fans say then?
We were the #1 seeded team in the ECL-R3 draw and got Hajduk, the strongest unseeded.

In the last 15 years PAOK has played CL-quali 6 times.
And in those, we had to play Benfica twice and Ajax three times.

In 2019 PAOK, as a champion, played (then CL semifinalist !) Ajax in CL-R3.
And UEFA even had to appoint that tool-ref (Webb) to finish the job in Amsterdam and get Ajax through.
babaluj1 wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:10 The Superliga will have a normal system of entry and relegation from the STAR, GOLD and BLUE leagues. The same as in all European football leagues, the last 2 worst clubs are relegated and play in a weaker league next season, where they need to reach the finals in order to return to a stronger league. The two best clubs, the finalists of the Gold and Blue leagues, move up to the stronger league. From the Blue League alone, 20 out of a total of 32 clubs drop out, and 20 new ones enter every year depending on the results in the national championships. This is good because a large number of new clubs will earn money in the Super League. As a result, domestic European leagues will have more competitive clubs and championships. :clapping:
No-one cares what Perez and the other clowns profess now.
There's no guarantee they won't change the system on a technicality the moment Real, Barcelona or Juventus are to be relegated.
Overgame

Post by Overgame »

emortal wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 14:01 No-one cares what Perez and the other clowns profess now.
There's no guarantee they won't change the system on a technicality the moment Real, Barcelona or Juventus are to be relegated.
They don't even need a technicality. Some markets tend to favour a monopoly, sports with a regular and full schedule (so the options are mutualy exclusive) are one of them. Once they're big enough, they can change the rules with the support of national federations. Look at the most recent FIBA-ULEB dispute.
babaluj1

Post by babaluj1 »

@ emortal I can't answer your entire book, but since you know nothing about Croatia, much less about Hajduk, I will only tell you that today far more Croats and their descendants live outside the borders of Croatia than in the country itself. The vast majority of Croats who emigrated to overseas countries such as the USA, Australia, Canada, Argentina, etc. are Dalmatians, and all Dalmatians are Hajduk fans. :D It may seem strange to you that Hajduk has millions of fans around the world, but sooner or later you will see Hajduk visiting Western Europe, where millions of Croats and their descendants also live.
This summer will be the European Championship in Germany, so look at the support the Croatian national team will have, hundreds of thousands of Croats live in Germany. :banana:
Eurocity

Post by Eurocity »

babaluj1 wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:51
Eurocity wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:35 Hajduk has lost to Gzira United and Tobol in recent years. Thus poor rating and bad draws. It's pure their own fault, not UEFA or anyone else. If you can't overcome clubs from Malta and Kazakhstan (even non-champions), what SL you are talking about?
'I am telling you about this and last season, and you're going back a dozen years. :D
I only went back for 4 seasons.
Go win the Croatian league, and you would have a very good chance to survive to some group stage. If you don't win your local league for 18 years already, what superleague you are talking about? ))
babaluj1

Post by babaluj1 »

rpo.castro wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 13:49
Do you know why the UEFA qualification system for the ECL is so degenerate, where 150 non-champions fight for 17 places in the group? :D Well, because of you, Portugal and the Netherlands. :degsmile: You threatened to take 5th place from France, and UEFA=France! :dontknow: Croatia and the other non-champions are only collateral victims, UEFA's main goal was to stop the Portuguese and Dutch clubs. Portuguese clubs were completely eliminated in the ECL qualifiers for the last 3 seasons, and Dutch clubs were partially eliminated. :dontknow:
babaluj1

Post by babaluj1 »

Eurocity wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 15:13
babaluj1 wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:51
Eurocity wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:35 Hajduk has lost to Gzira United and Tobol in recent years. Thus poor rating and bad draws. It's pure their own fault, not UEFA or anyone else. If you can't overcome clubs from Malta and Kazakhstan (even non-champions), what SL you are talking about?
'I am telling you about this and last season, and you're going back a dozen years. :D
I only went back for 4 seasons.
Go win the Croatian league, and you would have a very good chance to survive to some group stage. If you don't win your local league for 18 years already, what superleague you are talking about? ))
I am Rijeka fun :D , only took Hajduk as an example because it is the biggest club regularly in the qualifications, which cannot pass the UEFA qualifications for more than 10 years. :mol: The truth is, Rijeka is not in a much better position either, we have played twice in EL in the last 10 years, and this season we narrowly lost to Lille.
rpo.castro

Post by rpo.castro »

babaluj1 wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 15:30

Do you know why the UEFA qualification system for the ECL is so degenerate, where 150 non-champions fight for 17 places in the group? :D Well, because of you, Portugal and the Netherlands. :degsmile: You threatened to take 5th place from France, and UEFA=France! :dontknow: Croatia and the other non-champions are only collateral victims, UEFA's main goal was to stop the Portuguese and Dutch clubs. Portuguese clubs were completely eliminated in the ECL qualifiers for the last 3 seasons, and Dutch clubs were partially eliminated. :dontknow:
Cry a bit more
Overgame

Post by Overgame »

rpo.castro wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 16:06
Cry a bit more
Let's be serious, he has issues I think. On another topic, he is explaining how the Netherlands used ECL to climb to an "undeserved" ranking. He is explaining that "not-so-good-teams" can score a lot in ECL while, at the same time, explains that not-so-good-teams cannot score a lot in ECL.
babaluj1

Post by babaluj1 »

rpo.castro wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 16:06
Cry a bit more
You are the one crying for the UEFA monopoly, I am happy that the monopoly is broken. I support the Superliga and every new football competition that will come, I think it is good for both the clubs and the fans.
UEFA will have to fix itself internally because it is getting competition, or the competition will destroy it. Less corruption and privileges and more money to the clubs. :D
Overgame

Post by Overgame »

But not for Hadjuk Split, who will never play in Europe anymore.
babaluj1

Post by babaluj1 »

Overgame wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 01:53 But not for Hadjuk Split, who will never play in Europe anymore.
The Slovenian Čeferin, president of UEFA, has excellent relations with all the clubs of ex-Yugoslavia, and there the Big four were Zvezda, Hajduk, Partizan and Dinamo. It is interesting that Dinamo and Rijeka immediately supported UEFA and Čeferin and declared against the European Super League, while Zvezda, the former European champion, supported the Super League.
Hajduk has not declared, but I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up in the European Super League. The Super League will globally be the most watched league in the world due to the free digital platform, and Hajduk is a globally popular club. :clapping:
I looked at the figures of overseas Croatian emigrants and their descendants. USA about 1,200,000, Australia 250,000, Canada 250,000, Argentina 250,000, Chile 200,000, New Zealand 100,000, Brazil 70,000 etc. All of them are mostly Dalmatians 80 to 90%. When you add to that emigration and descendants in Western Europe, only in Germany about 500,000, Austria 90,000, Switzerland 80,000, Italy 60,000, Sweden 40,000, France 40,000, etc. At least 40% of that Western European emigration are Hajduk fans. Add to that several hundred thousand Hajduk fans in the region, primarily in Bosnia and Herzegovina and Slovenia, but also in other countries of the region, and you will understand how popular this club is globally.I would say: Ideal club for Europe Super League! :D