Seeding for UEFA Club Competitions 2024/25

including formats, draws, seedings, etc.
Dragan Mance

Post by Dragan Mance »

Thanks.

In which scenario Serbian runner-up is starting in CL Q3 instead of CL Q2?
Stadion

Post by Stadion »

I noticed that @bert.kassies has Malmo FF confirmed seeded in CLQ2 on this page: https://kassiesa.net/uefa/seedcl2024.html

What is that based on? I was under the impression that they can still be surpassed (hence bumped down to unseeded) by Dinamo, Cluj, Sheriff, Copenhagen/Midtjylland and Lech if all of those win their respective leagues.
fabiomh

Post by fabiomh »

What if
Italy finished into the Country Coeff Top2 and got the 5th spot in 24-25 CL
and Atalanta finished 6th in Serie A and won EL ?

Would Italy have 6 teams in 24-25 CL?
In this case Italy would have one team less in EL?
Hope for more partecipants in the next Prediction Game
Putje

Post by Putje »

I saw predictions for belgian teams in European football for the next season.

Personaly I don't give it 1% chance that these predictions will be correct in 2 months time.
Why?

The Belgian play-offs are exceptionally exciting. With No. 1 Union starting with 0/6, having lost almost all of its lead, and being totally out of momentum. Nothing is said between Union-Anderlecht-Genk-Club Brugge .

I know Club Brugge is set to win the ConfL, but personally I think they will be out at the end of the week.

At the end of the Play-offs there is still a game between the number 4-5 and the winner of the 'European play-off'. As that winner will probably AA Gent, they would become our 5th team in Europe. And will be seeded to the Conference league without any doubt.
Sagy

Post by Sagy »

fabiomh wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:56 What if
Italy finished into the Country Coeff Top2 and got the 5th spot in 24-25 CL
and Atalanta finished 6th in Serie A and won EL ?

Would Italy have 6 teams in 24-25 CL?
In this case Italy would have one team less in EL?
Yes, Italy will have 6 teams in UCL under that scenario. I also believe that they will “lose” the UEL spot that Atalanta got. If Atalanta were to finish the league outside European spots and with EL than Italy would not have one less team in UEL or UCOL
BurningStorm

Post by BurningStorm »

dnina10 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 17:45
Dragan Mance wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 21:54 Any link for 24/25 seedings where I don't need microsoft accout login?
https://1drv.ms/x/s!Av5EGqq140H7zUpUe0esto9ObQ3I

Mine should work
Great work, dnina. One question: I see Leverkusen in pot 2. So the domestic champions of the top leagues are not automatically in pot 1 anymore in the new mode?
Tazmania

Post by Tazmania »

No, they're not.

Article 16 Draw system – league phase
A draw, which may be conducted digitally, determines the pairings for the league phase. The 36 clubs are divided into four pots of nine clubs. The pots are composed according to the club coefficient rankings established at the beginning of the season (see Annex D) and with the UEFA Champions League titleholder being the top seed in pot 1.
Jua Ferreira

Post by Jua Ferreira »

Putje wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 16:03 I saw predictions for belgian teams in European football for the next season.
These are not predictions, but assumptions based on the current league standings.
Stadion

Post by Stadion »

Stadion wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 07:05 I noticed that @bert.kassies has Malmo FF confirmed seeded in CLQ2 on this page: https://kassiesa.net/uefa/seedcl2024.html

What is that based on? I was under the impression that they can still be surpassed (hence bumped down to unseeded) by Dinamo, Cluj, Sheriff, Copenhagen/Midtjylland and Lech if all of those win their respective leagues.
Cluj are pretty much out of the title race in Romania now (need to gain 14p on FCSB with 5 matches remaining) so I guess at this stage Malmo are pretty much confirmed to be seeded in CLQ2, albeit not mathematically.
Stadion

Post by Stadion »

Cluj can no longer win the championship in Romania. This should guarantee seeding for Malmö FF in CLQ2. Please correct me if I am wrong!
dandeer

Post by dandeer »

Ferencváros won their Hungarian Cup semi-final last night pretty much ensuring ECL for 4th played club in the league, most likely candidate is Puskás Academy.
TommyChat

Post by TommyChat »

Stadion wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 02:18 Cluj can no longer win the championship in Romania. This should guarantee seeding for Malmö FF in CLQ2. Please correct me if I am wrong!
Ferencvaros, Qarabag, Slovan, Bodo, Czech Champion, Ludogorets, Lech Poznan, Olympiacos or PAOK, Dinamo Zagreb, Maccabi Tel Aviv, Sheriff and Copenhagen are 12 teams and TH is not yet confirmed to qualify through league.
Stadion

Post by Stadion »

TommyChat wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 23:36 Ferencvaros, Qarabag, Slovan, Bodo, Czech Champion, Ludogorets, Lech Poznan, Olympiacos or PAOK, Dinamo Zagreb, Maccabi Tel Aviv, Sheriff and Copenhagen are 12 teams and TH is not yet confirmed to qualify through league.
Yes, sorry, this is under the assumption that the CLTH will qualify via the league -- i.e. basically unless Dortmund wins the CL and is not among the top 5 in Germany (I believe Germany would snatch the extra CL bonus place if Dortmund wins?).

Under the assumption above -- Maccabi Tel Aviv (as it currently stands) will jump to CLPO leaving only 11 clubs above Malmo.
Sagy

Post by Sagy »

Stadion wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 05:36
TommyChat wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 23:36 Ferencvaros, Qarabag, Slovan, Bodo, Czech Champion, Ludogorets, Lech Poznan, Olympiacos or PAOK, Dinamo Zagreb, Maccabi Tel Aviv, Sheriff and Copenhagen are 12 teams and TH is not yet confirmed to qualify through league.
Yes, sorry, this is under the assumption that the CLTH will qualify via the league -- i.e. basically unless Dortmund wins the CL and is not among the top 5 in Germany (I believe Germany would snatch the extra CL bonus place if Dortmund wins?).

Under the assumption above -- Maccabi Tel Aviv (as it currently stands) will jump to CLPO leaving only 11 clubs above Malmo.
Subject to a running discussion. I believe that if Dortmund is CHTH, finishes 5th and Germany gets EPS then Germany will get 6 teams in CL and the TH spot will be used (will not cause any rebalancing). However in this case, if Dortmund is in the top 4 then CLTH spot will not be used and rebalancing will be needed.
kurt

Post by kurt »

Belgium

The best for Belgium is :

champion : Anderlecht ( direct spot in champions league )
second spot : Club Brugge ( seeded all rounds in champions league), big chance to make it to league stage.
Cup Winner : Antwerp ( direct spot)
third spot : Union ( high seeding )
4th spot : AA Gent ( high seeding )