2023/24 Champions League quarter-finals, semi-finals and final

Champions League, Europa League, Conference League
BurningStorm

Post by BurningStorm »

2-0 Dortmund! Wow
Tazmania

Post by Tazmania »

Another great goal capped by a fantastic finish!

2-0
bugylibicska

Post by bugylibicska »

And Dembele levels already, 1:1!
Firnen

Post by Firnen »

Araujo's stupidity might have eliminated Barcelona.

Atletico with the back against the wall against this Dortmund, now that's unexpected.
matt

Post by matt »

Firnen wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 21:44
Atletico with the back against the yellow wall against this Dortmund
Of course, they are playing in Dortmund :amstupid:
International break hater
Tazmania

Post by Tazmania »

Two harsh yellow cards given in quick succession in Dortmund, neither warranted.
Greyn

Post by Greyn »

Firnen wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 21:44 Araujo's stupidity might have eliminated Barcelona.
That Lewandowski's miss right after the 1st goal might be costly as well, although if Barcelona won't make it Araujo will be first to blame.
Sagy

Post by Sagy »

Tazmania wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 21:48 Two harsh yellow cards given in quick succession in Dortmund, neither warranted.
First one (on Ryerson) could be justified as “stopping a promising attack”
BurningStorm

Post by BurningStorm »

Firnen wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 21:44 Araujo's stupidity might have eliminated Barcelona.

Atletico with the back against the wall against this Dortmund, now that's unexpected.
I'm surprised that people still underrate Dortmund in the CL. They have played PSG, Milan, Newcastle, PSV and Atletico and lost only two of the nine games so far.

Plus Atletico got really bad results in Germany in recent history. Last visit in Dortmund was a 0-4.

But one thing is right, Dortmund - despite the dominance and the deserved lead - is always able to fuck things up and gift one or two goals from out of nowhere.
Greyn

Post by Greyn »

BurningStorm wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 21:52

I'm surprised that people still underrate Dortmund in the CL. They have played PSG, Milan, Newcastle, PSV and Atletico and lost only two of the nine games so far.

Plus Atletico got really bad results in Germany in recent history. Last visit in Dortmund was a 0-4.

But one thing is right, Dortmund - despite the dominance and the deserved lead - is always able to fuck things up and gift one or two goals from out of nowhere.
Personally I predicted a 1-1 draw in the PG. I would say in my case it was not about underestimating Dortmund, it was much more about overestimating Atletico and their defensive play. I thought that if they have a result from the 1st leg - a win, then it will be difficult for Dortmund to create chances. It looks like I was wrong.
BurningStorm

Post by BurningStorm »

There it is: the gift by Dortmund. Own goal Hummels. 2:1, extra time result again.
Greyn wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 22:06 Personally I predicted a 1-1 draw in the PG. I would say in my case it was not about underestimating Dortmund, it was much more about overestimating Atletico and their defensive play. I thought that if they have a result from the 1st leg - a win, then it will be difficult for Dortmund to create chances. It looks like I was wrong.
It was also my prediction in Lyonnais' game but it was more a tactical one because I hate to be disappointed in both ways, so if the German team gets a better result I'm quite fine. :) At least my feeling in this thread was extra time, lets see.
bugylibicska

Post by bugylibicska »

The pressure ins unbearable. After being lucky twice the third time Vitinha punish Barca, 1:2.
matt

Post by matt »

Very low football IQ tonight by Barcelona, unbelievable.
Last edited by matt on Tue Apr 16, 2024 22:22, edited 1 time in total.
International break hater
BurningStorm

Post by BurningStorm »

I only watch it on second screen, but it looks like the red card killed Barca and it was the only way for PSG to come back.

The game in Dortmund changed a bit. Hummels' own goal was just uneccessary, no dangerous situation at all. Now Atletico's confidence changed from 0 to 95.
Firnen

Post by Firnen »

As I said, Araujo eliminated Barcelona.