2023/24 Europa League quarter-finals, semi-finals and final

Champions League, Europa League, Conference League
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

Liverpool tried, but Atalanta were able to keep them at bay. 0-1 FT. Would have been a good win in isolation, but not enough here.
Bulgarian

Post by Bulgarian »

Lorric wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 22:57
Bulgarian wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 22:54
Lorric wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 22:53 Another late goal. Please somehow find a way to get up the table and qualify for Europe West Ham.
7th will be the last place right?
As long as Chelsea or Coventry don't win the FA Cup or United fall below 7th and win it. Chelsea could get top 7 too though.
Well yes i eas assuming City will win it. I just checked their fixtures and i think they will not be in Europe next year sadly. They have home to Liverpool abd away at Chelsea and City which will orove too much for them imo. The only good thing is that the City game is on the last MD where they may be champions already.
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

1-1 FT, one more point on the way out. Gutted.

@BurningStorm I wonder if you have any more respect for West Ham after this tie?
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

Bulgarian wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 23:00
Lorric wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 22:57
Bulgarian wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 22:54

7th will be the last place right?
As long as Chelsea or Coventry don't win the FA Cup or United fall below 7th and win it. Chelsea could get top 7 too though.
Well yes i eas assuming City will win it. I just checked their fixtures and i think they will not be in Europe next year sadly. They have home to Liverpool abd away at Chelsea and City which will orove too much for them imo. The only good thing is that the City game is on the last MD where they may be champions already.
Oof. Thanks, I was going to do that myself. It was a glorious 3 year run then. Gave everything.
matt

Post by matt »

The "triplete" of Bayer Leverkusen now is almost unavoidable. They are clearly the best team left.
International break hater
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

matt wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 23:03 The "triplete" of Bayer Leverkusen now is almost unavoidable. They are clearly the best team left.
Time to root for Tammy Abraham. :smile1:
fabiomh

Post by fabiomh »

Roma-Leverkusen in semis. What a semi, Leverkusen favourite, in a fantastic season, but it is not closed, with Roma in their best form of the season.
Hope for more partecipants in the next Prediction Game
BurningStorm

Post by BurningStorm »

Lorric wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 23:01 1-1 FT, one more point on the way out. Gutted.

@BurningStorm I wonder if you have any more respect for West Ham after this tie?
It was not about respect, I just don't like them because they are hard to beat in Europe. I knew they can fight. In the first leg they weren't brave at all, parking the bus like an absolute underdog.

@matt Xabi Alonso is their biggest opponent now. :grin1: No, Roma of course also a very hard opponent, by far the hardest one in Leverkusen's EL season. They sucked before changing the coach, with de Rossi it changed. It reminds me a bit of the change from Kovac to Flick at Bayern, with the CL win at the end. I would have prefered Milan tbh.
matt

Post by matt »

BurningStorm wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 23:07
Lorric wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 23:01 1-1 FT, one more point on the way out. Gutted.

It was not about respect, I just don't like them because they are hard to beat in Europe. I knew they can fight.

@matt Xabi Alonso is their biggest opponent now. :grin1: No, Roma of course also a very hard opponent, by far the hardest one in Leverkusen's EL season. They sucked before changing the coach, with de Rossi it changed. It reminds me a bit of the change from Kovac to Flick at Bayern, with the CL win at the end. I would have prefered Milan tbh.
Here it was just shown on tv that someone in Leverkusen staff celebrated when they heard Roma were going to be the next opponent. I guess they want revenge after last season.
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

It was not about respect, I just don't like them because they are hard to beat in Europe. I knew they can fight. In the first leg they weren't brave at all, parking the bus like an absolute underdog.

Isn't being hard to beat a good quality? Leverkusen are certainly hard to beat, no one can do it!
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

matt wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 23:10

It was not about respect, I just don't like them because they are hard to beat in Europe. I knew they can fight.

Here it was just shown on tv that someone in Leverkusen staff celebrated when they heard Roma were going to be the next opponent. I guess they want revenge after last season.
Tasty. I'm not sure if I'll watch an all foreign affair if it clashes with Villa, but if Abraham starts I may well do so.

Surely if they're doing that they won't try resting anyone this time?
BurningStorm

Post by BurningStorm »

If Leverkusen advance against Roma I would like Benfica as their opponent in the final. The Bela Guttmann curse. 8) And it would be against Roger Schmidt, former Leverkusen coach. But first they have to win now in ET or PSO. And then Atalanta is the favorite in the semi final anyway.

Lorric wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 23:11

Isn't being hard to beat a good quality? Leverkusen are certainly hard to beat, no one can do it!
Of course, but I find them boring (compared to other English teams in Europe) and at the same time hard to beat, so I don't want them in draws. Leverkusen thankfully too strong for them and here I even liked the draw because I just wanted to avoid Liverpool and Milan (now I think Liverpool would have been nice :D ).
BurningStorm

Post by BurningStorm »

Another loss in PSO for France or can they do it this time? OM lost the PSO in the CL quali against Pana.

edit: no. This time OM won. The easier opponent for Atalanta in my opinion. Leverkusen the team who can prevent an all Italian EL final.
matt

Post by matt »

OM - Atalanta will be the second semifinal. Benfica out.
rpo.castro

Post by rpo.castro »

OM was nothing special. In one way a defeat for benfica its always good, on the other way, if they have won they would be more keen to keep this *great* coach. It will be a pitty if he leaves.