Transfer Topic

Domestic league and cup football
bjkman1903

Post by bjkman1903 »

AlanK wrote:fcbarcelona.com reports that Neymar has formally announced his intention to leave Barça for PSG. Everything will be done by the book; process may take a bit of time, but Ney has been relieved of training responsibilities as of right now. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Is it just a matter of time now before this transfer is officially announced?

It seems that Neymar wanted to wait until the 1st of August 2017 so that he could be eligible to the bonus he negociated with Barça last summer (26 mill. €) when he signed a new contract.

PSG found a way to escape troubles (FFP) - Qatar will pay 300 mill. € to Neymar so that he becomes 'ambassador' of Qatar 2022.
Thanks to this money, Neymar will pay 222 mill. € to Barcelona himself in order to buy his own transfer fee from the Spanish club. And that would do the trick.
Black Eagles 1903
SteffenM

Post by SteffenM »

bjkman1903 wrote:
AlanK wrote:fcbarcelona.com reports that Neymar has formally announced his intention to leave Barça for PSG. Everything will be done by the book; process may take a bit of time, but Ney has been relieved of training responsibilities as of right now. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Is it just a matter of time now before this transfer is officially announced?

It seems that Neymar wanted to wait until the 1st of August 2017 so that he could be eligible to the bonus he negociated with Barça last summer (26 mill. €) when he signed a new contract.

PSG found a way to escape troubles (FFP) - Qatar will pay 300 mill. € to Neymar so that he becomes 'ambassador' of Qatar 2022.
Thanks to this money, Neymar will pay 222 mill. € to Barcelona himself in order to buy his own transfer fee from the Spanish club. And that would do the trick.
Glad to see the FFP rules works just fine...
AlanK
Location: Salem, Oregon and Barcelona, Spain; occasionally Lisboa

Post by AlanK »

The "culebrón Neymar" is just heating up, as the LFP (Spanish players' union) refuses the check from Neymar. :confused: :confused: Well, I don't quite get it either, but that's what marca.com has to say. What's gonna shake outta this :?: :?: Time will tell . . .

In the scenario given by bjkman, they're surely gonna tax Ney on the 300 million euros . . . :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Spanish tax authorities have been sharpening their abilities to smell . . . MONEY :!: Also sharpening their claws . . . :twisted:
"Past performance is no guarantee of future results."
Malko

Post by Malko »

Has spanish paéyer's Union to refuse anything. Meymar is not a spanish player and the deal is between him and Barcelona. I find it great such a player wants to move to Ligue 1. He is one of the 3 best players in the world.
AlanK
Location: Salem, Oregon and Barcelona, Spain; occasionally Lisboa

Post by AlanK »

Malko wrote:Has spanish paéyer's Union to refuse anything. Meymar is not a spanish player and the deal is between him and Barcelona. I find it great such a player wants to move to Ligue 1. He is one of the 3 best players in the world.
Neymar is under contract to a team in the Spanish league. Has nothing to do with Neymar's nationality. As described by bjkman, the "solution" to the 222 million payoff is questionable at best. We'll see how it shakes out :!:

Edit: the ball is in PSG's court--they're gonna have to go to court to force the transfer to go through. They've deposited the 222 million ratified by a notary as the first step . . . (as.com)

Second edit: Barça has not received anything from PSG; their legal position is that Ney still "belongs" to them. (sport.es)

Negotiations between the two teams, while possible, haven't begun yet (apparently . . .) :confused:
"Past performance is no guarantee of future results."
angel_87

Post by angel_87 »

FC Barcelona communiqué on Neymar Jr

https://www.fcbarcelona.com/football/fi ... out-clause

:!: :!:
bjkman1903

Post by bjkman1903 »

AlanK wrote:The "culebrón Neymar" is just heating up, as the LFP (Spanish players' union) refuses the check from Neymar. :confused: :confused: Well, I don't quite get it either, but that's what marca.com has to say. What's gonna shake outta this :?: :?: Time will tell . . .

In the scenario given by bjkman, they're surely gonna tax Ney on the 300 million euros . . . :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Spanish tax authorities have been sharpening their abilities to smell . . . MONEY :!: Also sharpening their claws . . . :twisted:
You're right, Neymar will be taxed if that happens. But PSG (Qatar) will make sure to pay him enough money to cover all the expenses.
300 mill. € is probably enough money to cover those 222 mill. € that he would need to pay to Barça + taxes.

So Neymar will be a "free" player without even losing 1€ out of his pocket.
Black Eagles 1903
bjkman1903

Post by bjkman1903 »

Fernando (Manchester City) arrived in Istanbul and is expected to join Galatasaray.

Galatasaray's transfers this season :

Belhanda (Dynamo Kyiv) - 8 mill. €
Badou Ndiaye (Osmanlispor) - 7,5 mill. €
Maicon (São Paulo) - 7 mill. €
Fernando (Manchester City) - 5,25 mill. € (to be confirmed)
Mariano (Sevilla) - 4 mill. €
Gomis (Swansea) - 2,5 mill. €

When you consider that each one of them will earn between 2,2 mill. € to 3,3 mill. € per season... that's scary.
My team Besiktas "only" spent 2,5 mill. € for Negredo. :roll:

I don't know how they plan to avoid FFP, maybe they will find a way like PSG did.
Black Eagles 1903
Cedrik

Post by Cedrik »

bjkman1903 wrote:Kjaer (Fener) to Sevilla for 12,5 mill. €

Burak Yilmaz (Beijing Sinobo Guoan F.C) to Trabzon for 5,5 mill. € (including bonuses - amount to be confirmed)

Badou Ndiaye (Osmanlispor) to Galatasaray for 7,5 mill. € (amount to be confirmed)

and finally Besiktas replaced Aboubakar with Alvaro Negredo (Valencia) for 2,5 mill. € (amount to be confirmed) - another great deal for Besiktas. :applause:
That video with Pepe, Quaresma and Negredo :mrgreen:. Loved it. I still don't get why Turkish clubs always seem to prefer 'old' players to youngster talents. If they have a 19-year old player who is very talented they seem to be like ... nah, we'll buy this 33-year old guy instead who once played at top level. Not hating btw, just wondering why this transfer-philosophy seems so strong in Turkey.
bjkman1903

Post by bjkman1903 »

Cedrik wrote:That video with Pepe, Quaresma and Negredo :mrgreen:. Loved it. I still don't get why Turkish clubs always seem to prefer 'old' players to youngster talents. If they have a 19-year old player who is very talented they seem to be like ... nah, we'll buy this 33-year old guy instead who once played at top level. Not hating btw, just wondering why this transfer-philosophy seems so strong in Turkey.
There are a few reasons -

In Turkey, everyone want immediate success. Look at Galatasaray, all these transfers so that they could become champions this year. A talented young player may take years before reaching a good level. But people lack patience.

It attracts more fans. See those Besiktas supporters? We all know Pepe, Quaresma. They will come to the stadium to watch them, buy Besiktas shirts etc.

Talented young players are too expensive now. Look at Talisca from Besiktas for example, Benfica wants 25 mill. €. We can't pay that kind of money. Even Monaco pays at least 10 mill. € for a young player with potential. The only way to get those players is to find them before they prove that they are talented.
Black Eagles 1903
Cedrik

Post by Cedrik »

bjkman1903 wrote:
Cedrik wrote:That video with Pepe, Quaresma and Negredo :mrgreen:. Loved it. I still don't get why Turkish clubs always seem to prefer 'old' players to youngster talents. If they have a 19-year old player who is very talented they seem to be like ... nah, we'll buy this 33-year old guy instead who once played at top level. Not hating btw, just wondering why this transfer-philosophy seems so strong in Turkey.
There are a few reasons -

In Turkey, everyone want immediate success. Look at Galatasaray, all these transfers so that they could become champions this year. A talented young player may take years before reaching a good level. But people lack patience.

It attracts more fans. See those Besiktas supporters? We all know Pepe, Quaresma. They will come to the stadium to watch them, buy Besiktas shirts etc.

Talented young players are too expensive now. Look at Talisca from Besiktas for example, Benfica wants 25 mill. €. We can't pay that kind of money. Even Monaco pays at least 10 mill. € for a young player with potential. The only way to get those players is to find them before they prove that they are talented.
Ok, now I am understanding it a bit more. Thanks for explaining. I btw do not mean per se buying talents, but giving them a chance from your own academy. That also gives the clubs some identity. Of course Turkish clubs could also save a little on big wages, because those older players don't come for free either and put that into a purchasing a young Turkish talent. If you take for example Cengiz Ünder, he would have been great for Besiktas, Fener or Gala.

But a pity Turkish people are so impatient. It can take sometimes a little longer to devlop a youngster, but you can after that sell him for a possibly big fee.
seso

Post by seso »

Neymar's transfer is first news on Wikipedia!!!... Nice picture too!
Thunder_PT

Post by Thunder_PT »

Luc Castaignos (Sporting) -> Vitesse (loan)
bjkman1903

Post by bjkman1903 »

Cedrik wrote:Ok, now I am understanding it a bit more. Thanks for explaining. I btw do not mean per se buying talents, but giving them a chance from your own academy. That also gives the clubs some identity. Of course Turkish clubs could also save a little on big wages, because those older players don't come for free either and put that into a purchasing a young Turkish talent. If you take for example Cengiz Ünder, he would have been great for Besiktas, Fener or Gala.

But a pity Turkish people are so impatient. It can take sometimes a little longer to devlop a youngster, but you can after that sell him for a possibly big fee.
I agree with you but it is not that easy.

You did point out one of the main problems of Turkish football - we rarily get young and talented Turkish players from youth academies anymore. One reason is that they are not given enough chance, the other reason is that there is no longer a limit of foreign players a club could transfer.
Turkish national team would suffer from it, and more and more players are coming from abroad (latest example is Emre Mor)

Cengiz Ünder is a bad example, as neither Besiktas, Fener and Gala could afford to pay that kind of money for him. Over 10 mill. € is simply too much (also given the context, like FFP agreements etc.)

Finally, Turkey's image on the market. Basically Turkey is not Portugal. How many teams will pay a big fee for someone playing in the Turkish league ? :)
To illustrate my point, I will give you an example - if Talisca was a Besiktas player, we would probably sell him for around 10-12 mill. €. But Benfica will surely sell him for at least 25 mill. €.

It's not all bad though, some Turkish coachs like Senol Günes (Besiktas), Abdullah Avci (Basaksehir) or Aykut Kocaman (Fener) would help young players to grow and give them a chance.
Black Eagles 1903
Thunder_PT

Post by Thunder_PT »

Pedro Santos (Braga) -> MLS
2 m€