Coach Transfers

Domestic league and cup football
BurningStorm

Post by BurningStorm »

Niko Kovac -> VfL Wolfsburg
Daniel Farke (former Norwich manager, and he worked for Dortmund's youth teams in the past) -> Mönchengladbach
Andre Breitenreiter (after winning the league with Zürich in Switzerland, also former coach of Schalke and Hannover) -> Hoffenheim
Sandro Schwarz (after leaving Dynamo Moscow because of the war, former Mainz coach, half German/half Italian) -> Hertha
Edin Terzic (already interim coach before Rose was appointed) -> Dortmund
Todor

Post by Todor »

Terzic back to Dortmund is a big surprise. He didn't do anything special as an interim coach, so why do they expect something different this time? Bayern will be weaker without Leva this season and right now Dortmund appoint a coach with dubious capabilities.
BurningStorm

Post by BurningStorm »

Todor wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 14:36 Terzic back to Dortmund is a big surprise. He didn't do anything special as an interim coach, so why do they expect something different this time? Bayern will be weaker without Leva this season and right now Dortmund appoint a coach with dubious capabilities.
At least in the cup competitions he was significantly better than Rose: won the German cup and went to CL QF where they played a pretty good tie against City, especially in the first leg away. And the team looked much more like a unit. I don't think he is the perfect coach for this team, but other possible candidates weren't available (anymore), like ten Hag for example.

(regarding Lewandowski at Bayern we have to wait and see if they let him go)
bbi

Post by bbi »

Gattuso to Valencia. Not a big fan of the coach Gattuso. So would he be enough to resurge Valencia?
FORZA STEAUA! FORZA MILAN!
seso

Post by seso »

Andrea Pirlo to Fatih Karagümrük S.K. (Turkey)? They finished in 8th position last season.
angel_87

Post by angel_87 »

bbi wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 21:24 Gattuso to Valencia. Not a big fan of the coach Gattuso. So would he be enough to resurge Valencia?
at Milan, with a team that was not very strong, he did well ...the team had a good game identity.
He is used to harsh environments.
bbi

Post by bbi »

László Bölöni is the new coach of Metz, he returns to France where he started his coaching career and trained several teams over the years
Juliusz

Post by Juliusz »

John van den Brom :arrow: Lech Poznań

Polak

Post by Polak »

Formerly coached AZ for 5 years and Anderlecht before that. I don't know too much about him though. Can Dutch users tell us more about him?

Also, Paulo Sousa, I see he's been dumped by Flamengo already.
Todor

Post by Todor »

Lucien Favre to Nice.
Lyonnais

Post by Lyonnais »

Todor wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 16:27 Lucien Favre to Nice.
yes Favre back to Nice meaning that Galtier will certainly be able to sign to PSG
Don't forget to post your predictions for the new season
viewtopic.php?p=563580#p563580
NederPAOKtzis

Post by NederPAOKtzis »

Polak wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 22:02 Formerly coached AZ for 5 years and Anderlecht before that. I don't know too much about him though. Can Dutch users tell us more about him?

Also, Paulo Sousa, I see he's been dumped by Flamengo already.
He is a former international of Oranje, though just two apps and one goal.

As a trainer he had some nice successes like realising European football most of the times (ADO Den Haag was the most surprising), winning and losing some cupfinals and one cupfinal not played due to covid-19. And champion with Anderlecht. But he was also sacked a few times. I think he is a better trainer than a coach. But who am I to judge? :dontknow:
PAOK is not a club. PAOK is a cultural phenomenon.
bbi

Post by bbi »

Laurentiu Reghecampf left Universitatea Craiova and joined Neftchi Baku
Todor

Post by Todor »

Lyonnais wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 16:36
Todor wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 16:27 Lucien Favre to Nice.
yes Favre back to Nice meaning that Galtier will certainly be able to sign to PSG
I'd expect PSG to appoint a more glamorous name.
Lyonnais

Post by Lyonnais »

they expected Zidane of course (like every season) but Zidane expects to take he National Team over after the WC.

Pocchetino officially out now, I presume that Galtier will be named soon.

Agree that from it's not a glamourous name, only 6 games coached in the Champions League, out of them 5 defeats. That said, he is a recognised coach here, he won the title with Lille last season and has been named 3 times Coach of the Year in France (for what it's worth).
The most difficult issue for him will of course to manage a dressing room that is said to be one of the most difficult dressing room to manage. Let's see what he is able to do (or not).
Don't forget to post your predictions for the new season
viewtopic.php?p=563580#p563580