Euro 2016

Euro 2024, World Cup 2026, etc.
Executor

Post by Executor »

JK

Post by JK »

I can understand punishing clubs, if something happens in their own stadiums, because they are responsible for the security there. But this is clearly the case of punishing the wrong people. It is not like the Russian NT or FA have means to prevent something like this in other countries. And I really doubt, that those hooligans will stop with the violence and other inappropriate behaviour, just because it could mean that their NT could lose 6 points.
Friesland

Post by Friesland »

To my knowledge:

Legia Warsaw was expelled because of misbehaviour of their fans in Lithuania.

Feyenoord was expelled because of misbehaviour of their fans in France.

All English clubs were banned for five years because of misbehaviour of Liverpool fans in Belgium.

Serbia was punished because of misbehaviour of their fans in Italy.

So, according to UEFA it's perfectly fine to punish a team for fan disturbance away from home.
JK

Post by JK »

Friesland wrote:So, according to UEFA it's perfectly fine to punish a team for fan disturbance away from home.
Yeah, according to the UEFA. :roll:

It is not like any of those clubs said to their fans to misbehave. They could do the complete opposite. Appealing to their fans to behave properly all the time. But when they are not listening, how should they prevent misbehaviour in other countries?
Friesland

Post by Friesland »

It's not only UEFA, TAS - CAS agrees with them.
Francisco

Post by Francisco »

How can this be fair? Has UEFA identified the supporters?

This way, if a nation wants to eliminate another, they just disguise their supporters as being from the other one, and just behave really bad and that's it :twisted: :lol:
JK

Post by JK »

Friesland wrote:It's not only UEFA, TAS - CAS agrees with them.
And? CAS is only a sports court, who decides over rules made by sports organizations. It doesn't mean that all those rules are really fair. It just goes completely against the sense of justice to punish innocents in my opinion.
Forza AZ

Post by Forza AZ »

Friesland wrote:To my knowledge:

All English clubs were banned for five years because of misbehaviour of Liverpool fans in Belgium.

So, according to UEFA it's perfectly fine to punish a team for fan disturbance away from home.
There is one difference. These were all matches with a clear away section, for which normally only registrered fans can get tickets. In a Euro match there is no clear section for fans of each team. In most parts of the stadiums fans are mixed.
greenbay

Post by greenbay »

Probably all "fans" identified as hooligans wore Russian jerseys. 100% fool proof evidence for seni.. ahem... elderly people at Uefa.
JK

Post by JK »

Forza AZ wrote:

There is one difference. These were all matches with a clear away section, for which normally only registrered fans can get tickets. In a Euro match there is no clear section for fans of each team. In most parts of the stadiums fans are mixed.
Even in this case it is hard to guarantee, that no fans make trouble. After all it can be always the first time for individual fans to misbehave or they weren't caught before.

So or so a possible 6 points reduction is too hard. If they have to punish the Russian NT, let them play some future Euro qualifying games without their fans or something similar. Or give them a higher money punishment.

I think a possible points reduction is simply too hard considering, that Russia wasn't responsible for the security in the stadium.
Stojanovic Milos

Post by Stojanovic Milos »

And Partizan was expelled because of misbehaviour of their fans in Bosnia (Zrinjski) in 2008. We, Serbs, are main customers for UEFA disciplinary Committee! :evil:
Last edited by Stojanovic Milos on Thu Jun 14, 2012 21:13, edited 1 time in total.
JK

Post by JK »

A 6 points reduction for Russia would also distort the Euro qualifying. Teams in the group with Russia would have it much easier to qualify. That would be unfair for teams from other groups.
nikosextra

Post by nikosextra »

Is this final?
rmsg wrote:Euro 2016 Qualifying:

9 groups (5/6 teams - the same system as 2012):

- France (1 team);
- 9 winners + 9 runners-up (18 teams);
- Best 3rd (1 team);
- Play-offs - remaining eight third-place (4 teams).
My proposal for the qualifying to EURO '16:

1. Preliminary Group Phase A : All 53 teams are divided into 10 groups of 5 teams each (2 groups have 6 teams). The top team from each group (10 teams) qualifies directly to the finals, while the 2nd, 3rd and 4th of every group qualifies to
2. Preliminary Group Phase B : So, we have 30 teams divided into 7 groups of 4 (2 groups have 5 teams) and the top-2 of each group (14 teams) qualify to the finals.

I have omitted the fact that France are hosts and qualify automatically. This could either lead to France also playing in the qualifiers (as if they won't be in the top-24 anyway, plus they don't drop in ranking points), or the worst runner-up in Phase B is eliminated.

Minimum games to qualify : 8
Maximum games to qualify : 10+8=18
Maybe this is a disadvantage of my system. What do you think?
Forza AZ

Post by Forza AZ »

nikosextra wrote:My proposal for the qualifying to EURO '16:

1. Preliminary Group Phase A : All 53 teams are divided into 10 groups of 5 teams each (2 groups have 6 teams). The top team from each group (10 teams) qualifies directly to the finals, while the 2nd, 3rd and 4th of every group qualifies to
2. Preliminary Group Phase B : So, we have 30 teams divided into 7 groups of 4 (2 groups have 5 teams) and the top-2 of each group (14 teams) qualify to the finals.

I have omitted the fact that France are hosts and qualify automatically. This could either lead to France also playing in the qualifiers (as if they won't be in the top-24 anyway, plus they don't drop in ranking points), or the worst runner-up in Phase B is eliminated.

Minimum games to qualify : 8
Maximum games to qualify : 10+8=18
Maybe this is a disadvantage of my system. What do you think?
This format is impossible since you need 20 matchdays for it, while there are only 14 matchdays available in a 2-year cycle (double matchdays in September 2014, October 2014, March 2015, June 2015, September 2015, October 2015 and November 2015).
Even when you add the "friendly MD's" (November 2014 and February 2015) you only have 16 MD's available.
Arges Pitesti

Post by Arges Pitesti »

JK wrote:
I can understand punishing clubs, if something happens in their own stadiums, because they are responsible for the security there. But this is clearly the case of punishing the wrong people. It is not like the Russian NT or FA have means to prevent something like this in other countries. And I really doubt, that those hooligans will stop with the violence and other inappropriate behaviour, just because it could mean that their NT could lose 6 points.

I totally agree! Hooligans don't care at all about "their" team's results. Their only aim is to fight with other outlaws like them, which are identified as enemies just because they belong to another nation/race etc...They should be considered as an extra-footballistic entity, a violent group of outcasts which use football as an excuse to destabilize public order.

Football has nothing to do with this criminal fellows.
"Better lose one match 5-0 than five 1-0" W. Boskov