Euro 2016

Euro 2024, World Cup 2026, etc.
HibeeJibee

Post by HibeeJibee »

Under the new International Calendar being introduced from 2014 I would have this qualification format:

* Sep/Oct/Nov 2014... 13 groups of 4
* Mar 2015... group winners v group runners-up (tie winners qualify)
* Jun 2015... friendlies
* Sep/Oct/Nov 2015... 10 groups of 4^ (group winners qualify)
* Mar 2016... friendlies

^Kosovo invited to play hors concours
Executor

Post by Executor »

HibeeJibee wrote:^Kosovo invited to play hors concours
:down: :down: :down: :down: :down:
Malko

Post by Malko »

"
Executor wrote:
Russia hit with suspended six-point deduction following behaviour of fans at Euro 2012"

and all the fireworks by the german supporters in the stadium?continuing after beeing held to stop? No punishment? Like always?
Why no point retirement for germany for next qualification?
Nixda

Post by Nixda »

Malko wrote:"
Executor wrote:
Russia hit with suspended six-point deduction following behaviour of fans at Euro 2012"

and all the fireworks by the german supporters in the stadium?continuing after beeing held to stop? No punishment? Like always?
Why no point retirement for germany for next qualification?
Have you read the article? As i gues like usually "not really". I will hilight you a bit of the reasoning:
Violence erupted at the game when a handful of stewards were attacked by groups of fans in a walkway in the 40,000-capacity Municipal Stadium.

Reports claimed four members of stadium staff were taken to hospital and released later that evening.

Footage released online the following morning showed one steward left in a heap on the ground after being set upon by several assailants, while another was kicked in the head while trying to evade a lone attacker.

Supporters in the stands also set off and threw fireworks and displayed a nationalist 'Russian Empire' flag, something which has been associated with the far right.

It was unclear this afternoon if UEFA's punishment was also for the alleged monkey chants aimed at Czech defender Theodor Gebre Selassie or whether that would be dealt with separately.
Bring the same infos about a game of the german team in that euro and i will talk with you if this is a fair and equal treatment.
Forza AZ

Post by Forza AZ »

HibeeJibee wrote:Under the new International Calendar being introduced from 2014 I would have this qualification format:

* Sep/Oct/Nov 2014... 13 groups of 4
* Mar 2015... group winners v group runners-up (tie winners qualify)
* Jun 2015... friendlies
* Sep/Oct/Nov 2015... 10 groups of 4^ (group winners qualify)
* Mar 2016... friendlies
Nov 2014 has only 1 friendly date, not 2!
Forza AZ

Post by Forza AZ »

Executor wrote:
Kosovo should be a full member as soon as possible. It's ridiculous political reasons makes them unable to play international matches.
Same for Gibraltar and Northern Cyprus.
Executor

Post by Executor »

Forza AZ wrote:
Executor wrote:
Kosovo should be a full member as soon as possible. It's ridiculous political reasons makes them unable to play international matches.
Same for Gibraltar and Northern Cyprus.
NO.

Sorry, but if Kosovo will be recognized by UN, this will open a Pandora's box. Nasty things will come out of it. Who will be next? Transnistria? Abkhazia? South Ossetia? Catalunya? Occitania? Soon, there will hardly be any country larger than 100,000 sq. kms in Europe, which will resemble Germany in the 18th century. I do not like that.

And Northern Cyprus? With the risk of upseting our Turkish friends, supporting that entity that was born out of an invasion in which people had been illegaly evacuated from their homes is ... disappointing from you. How would you feel if someone would come into your house and kicked you out and forbid you to ever come back? Let me guess, you would support them... :roll:
Michael S Collins

Post by Michael S Collins »

7 groups of 6
2 groups of 5

France qualify as hosts.

Group Winners qualify. (10)

Group Runners up Qualify (19)

Best 3rd place qualifies (20)

Other 3rd placers Play off (24)

Seems the simplest way of dealing with it.

Unless we want something crazy like

11 groups of 4 or 5, top two qualify.
Someone else qualifies at random that Platini likes.
Forza AZ

Post by Forza AZ »

Executor wrote:Sorry, but if Kosovo will be recognized by UN, this will open a Pandora's box. Nasty things will come out of it. Who will be next? Transnistria? Abkhazia? South Ossetia? Catalunya? Occitania? Soon, there will hardly be any country larger than 100,000 sq. kms in Europe, which will resemble Germany in the 18th century. I do not like that.

And Northern Cyprus? With the risk of upseting our Turkish friends, supporting that entity that was born out of an invasion in which people had been illegaly evacuated from their homes is ... disappointing from you. How would you feel if someone would come into your house and kicked you out and forbid you to ever come back? Let me guess, you would support them... :roll:
I'm not talking about politics. I just think everybody should have the chance to play international football matches.

Politics should be outside of football.

Post by 1 »

everyone can be sure; i dont like the fact that my taxes are spent for feeding Turkish forces in Cyprus :down:

let's hope CYPRUS will stop being a battleground of Greek and Turkish fascists and we'll see a united Cyprus team. Cyprus is Cyprus. it's not a little Greece or Turkey (the way it's seen by both Greek and Turkish fascists)
Executor

Post by Executor »

Forza AZ wrote:I'm not talking about politics. I just think everybody should have the chance to play international football matches.

And for that we have club football. Any city/region can have as many as they can afford and if they play as good as possible they can qualify for European Cups.

Why would you want to break up countries just to see a team representing a small community?

@1

I like your attitude!
Lyonnais

Post by Lyonnais »

Forza AZ wrote: I'm not talking about politics. I just think everybody should have the chance to play international football matches.

yes but having a National Teams is already politics.

If FIFA and UEFA allowed everybody to form a National Team, this would ultimately be a recognition of this or that area as a nation and this is a political issue.
The only way for FIFA not to interfere into politics is to stick to UN recognition of countries.
Forza AZ

Post by Forza AZ »

Executor wrote:And for that we have club football. Any city/region can have as many as they can afford and if they play as good as possible they can qualify for European Cups.

Why would you want to break up countries just to see a team representing a small community?
Not all European clubs can play in CL/EL. Clubs from Kosovo, Northern Cyprus and Gibraltar can't qualify, because they aren't allowed to play in a UEFA member league.
Lyonnais wrote: yes but having a National Teams is already politics.

If FIFA and UEFA allowed everybody to form a National Team, this would ultimately be a recognition of this or that area as a nation and this is a political issue.
The only way for FIFA not to interfere into politics is to stick to UN recognition of countries.
You have a point there. A compromise might be to have not commonly recognised countries have a provisional membership which only allows them to send clubs into CL/EL, but not national teams in World Cup and Euro.
Malko

Post by Malko »

For decades i claim to replace National teams by Liga teams.
so for example, Ribery would play for DFB, but Oezil vor the Spanish league-team.......
Luxembourg would have better results too, playing with the professional and semi-professional players which play in the BGL-League, in Dudelange for example.
HibeeJibee

Post by HibeeJibee »

Forza AZ wrote: Nov 2014 has only 1 friendly date, not 2!
There are no single friendly dates from 2014. New agreement is as follows
http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/organisat ... ws_caption

The proposal of the working group for the international match calendar, comprising FIFA, the six confederations, clubs, leagues and FIFPro, regarding the 2015-2018 period has been approved as follows:

- Structured in two-year cycles

- 9 double dates organised in international windows lasting from Monday to Tuesday of the following week

- 1 additional double date in June 2016 for all confederations except UEFA

- The international windows would be arranged as follows:

2014/2015 Sep / Oct / Nov / Mar / Jun
2015/2016 Sep / Oct / Nov / Mar + Jun (non-UEFA)
2016/2017 Sep / Oct / Nov / Mar / Jun
2017/2018 Sep / Oct / Nov / Mar
Only question seems to be whether August 2014 still exists or not.