cldraw.ru - seeding CL, EL and ECL 21/22

including formats, draws, seedings, etc.
Forza AZ

Post by Forza AZ »

dnina10 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 23:27
nogomet wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 21:42
Ed wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 15:30 To be sort of complete:

EL-TH is qualified for ECLq4n via league (could be Villarreal):
- EL-TH from ECLq4n to CL-GS
- N3-7 (RUS) from ECLq3n to ECLq4n
- N3-14 (SCO) from ECLq2n to ECLq3n
- CW-32 (SVN) and CW-33 (HUN) from ECLq1n to ECLq2n
And if Chelsea wins the CL and finishes on an ECLq4 position in the league?
If they win the CL and finish 7th in the league (and Leicester finish ahead of them and win the FA Cup), then England would not have any ECL spots
And to fill that CoL-Q4 spot teams will be moved up from previous rounds, same as above for Villarreal. Or if both Chelsea and Villarreal win the finals and qualify for CoL-Q4, then also N3-8 (to Q4), N3-15 (to Q3) and CW-34 and CW-35 (to Q2) will be moved up.
barracuda

Post by barracuda »

Hello,

I don't know if it already has been mentioned here, but i have some questions:

1) Because in the first season there is no ECL-TH, russian CW move to EL group stage. Right?
2) In the following, CW of #13 (Denmark) and #14 (Scotland) move to EL play-offs. Or is it possible, that CL-Q2 losers of the main path move to the play-offs?

3) UEFA says:
"For the play-offs, teams are seeded and drawn in accordance with the Club Competitions Committee principles for guaranteeing that eight clubs eliminated from the UEFA Champions League (champions path) are drawn against each other. The teams are seeded in the following four priorities (see Annex A):

Priority 1: The six teams that qualify directly for the play-offs via the domestic competitions.
Priority 2: The six teams that enter the play-offs from the third qualifying round of the UEFA Champions League champions path.
Priority 3: The five teams that qualify from the third qualifying round of the champions path.
Priority 4: The three teams that qualify from the third qualifying round of the main path.

The teams are drawn in accordance with the priorities in the following order:
a. The six priority 1 teams are drawn against the three priority 4 teams to determine three pairings.
b. The three remaining priority 1 teams are drawn against the five priority 3 teams to determine three pairings.
c. The two remaining priority 3 teams are drawn against the six priority 2 teams to determine two pairings.
d. The four remaining priority 2 teams are drawn against each other to determine two pairings."

Case 1: EL-TH already qualified via League (Manchester United)

CW of #7-#15 enter EL play-offs.
8x P1 clubs
6x P2 clubs
5x P3 clubs
1x P4 club

They say they guarantee eight champions to be drawn against eatch other. So:

3x P2 vs P2
1x P3 vs P3
1x P1 vs P4
3x P1 vs P3
2x P1 vs P1?

Case 2: EL-TH spot will be used (Villarreal)

CW of #7-#14 enter EL play-offs.
7x P1 clubs
6x P2 clubs
5x P3 clubs
2x P4 clubs

3x P2 vs P2
1x P3 vs P3
2x P1 vs P4
3x P1 vs P3
1x P1 vs P1?

What do you think will happen? They don't write that P1 clubs could play against eatch other, but I don't see any other possibility to guarantee 4 champions from the EL play-offs to play EL group stage.
Ed

Post by Ed »

1) and 2) are correct.
Where did you find the text from 3) ? I can't find it in the UEFA Champions League regulations 2021/2022 ? Nor in the UEFA Europa League regulations 2021/2022 or in the UEFA Europa Conference League regulations 2021/2022
Last edited by Ed on Sat May 08, 2021 09:42, edited 1 time in total.
barracuda

Post by barracuda »

Ed wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 09:37 1) and 2) are correct.
Where did you find the text from 3) ? I can't find it in the UEFA Champions League regulations 2021/2022 ?
https://documents.uefa.com/r/Regulation ... hts-Online

Article 13
Ed

Post by Ed »

Hey Barracuda, found it.
I will study this new info thoroughly before giving a conclusion, but at first glance I can't imagine that some teams will get priority over the normal rebalancing rules just because there might be an issue with seeding priorities in a certain qualification round.
Patardo_do_isaias

Post by Patardo_do_isaias »

Ed wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 15:09
OlliWender wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 10:01 Can anybody make a comparison list of all the access list changes depending on each winner?

I know who would move up in the CL quali if City, Chelsea(when top 4) or United win but I don't know how, for example a Villarreal win would affect the EL or ECL quali rounds, considering that they're also very likely to qualify for either one of them through the league.
CL-TH is also qualified for CL-GS via league (ManC or Chelsea when they finish in top 4 in EPL):
- CH-11 (TUR) from CLq4c to CL-GS
- CH-13 (DEN) from CLq3c to CLq4c
- CH-15 (CZE) from CLq2c to CLq3c
- CH-18 (GRE) and CH-19 (SRB) from CLq1c to CLq2c
- one losing champion from CLq1c will be drawn as lucky loser and moves (normally to ECLq2c) but instead now to ECLq3c

CL-TH is qualified for EL-GS via league (Chelsea when they finish 5 or 6 in EPL):
- CL-TH from EL-GS to CL-GS
- CW-8 (BEL) from ELq4n to EL-GS
- CW-15 (CZE) from ELq3n to ELq4n
- one losing N2 from CLq2n will be drawn as lucky loser and moves (normally to ELq3n) but instead now to ELq4n

EL-TH is also qualified for CL-GS via league (most probably ManU):
- N3-5 (FRA) to CL-GS
- N2-10 (NED) and N2-11 (TUR) from CLq2n to CLq3n

EL-TH is qualified for EL-GS via league (most probably Villarreal):
- EL-TH from EL-GS to CL-GS
- CW-8 (BEL) from ELq4n to EL-GS
- one losing N2 from CLq2n will be drawn as lucky loser and moves (normally to ELq3n) but instead now to ELq4n

Thank you for this.

But why isn’t applicable same rule as last season?

Last season, krasnodar (n3 of country6) was promoted to playoff directly.
If this would be the case, Benfica would skip one qualifier round
Ed

Post by Ed »

Patardo_do_isaias wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:25 Thank you for this.

Last year was quite an exceptional situation: because of COVID-19 the knock-out rounds of season 2019/2020 were then played simultaneously with the qualification rounds for season 2020/2021.
Then the access list had to be rebalanced after the draw for the first qualification rounds 2020/2021 was made already, based on the initial access list.
Ed

Post by Ed »

barracuda wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 08:58 Hello,

1) Because in the first season there is no ECL-TH, russian CW move to EL group stage. Right?
2) In the following, CW of #13 (Denmark) and #14 (Scotland) move to EL play-offs. Or is it possible, that CL-Q2 losers of the main path move to the play-offs?
Your suggestion to move losing teams from CLq2c directly to ELq4n leads to the situation that in ELq4n there will be more than 20 teams. For instance, if 2 CLq2c losers were drawn as lucky losers and promoted directly to ELq4n, there would be 21 teams in ELq4n. And this can't be solved with further rebalancing.
So the seeding issue in ELq4n because of the requirement to have 4 pairings of CLqc-losers, has to be solved given the current teams in ELq4n after rebalancing because of a not used ECL-TH spot and possible other necessary rebalances because of the possible usage of EL-TH and CL-TH spot.
jhbTuga

Post by jhbTuga »

kleber wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 14:31 Where will Benfica start playing?

3 Qual round or play off?
either group-phase (2nd) or 3rd Q.rnd (3rd). Never start on play off
barracuda

Post by barracuda »

Ed wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 11:05
barracuda wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 08:58 Hello,

Your suggestion to move losing teams from CLq2c directly to ELq4n leads to the situation that in ELq4n there will be more than 20 teams. For instance, if 2 CLq2c losers were drawn as lucky losers and promoted directly to ELq4n, there would be 21 teams in ELq4n. And this can't be solved with further rebalancing.
So the seeding issue in ELq4n because of the requirement to have 4 pairings of CLqc-losers, has to be solved given the current teams in ELq4n after rebalancing because of a not used ECL-TH spot and possible other necessary rebalances because of the possible usage of EL-TH and CL-TH spot.
Sorry, i didn't describe it well. I ment that in case that Man United win the EL this season the 2 losers of CL-Q2 would directly be in EL play-offs instead of CWs #14 and #15. But now I think it is clear that it will be CWs of #14 and #15.

The bigger question is 3)
they say they guarantee 8 champions to be drawn each other in EL play-offs, but in the next season that is not possible without Priority 1 teams playing each other in the play-offs. Either they don't guarantee 8 champions to be drawn each other, or the term "Priority 1" is a little bit strange.
amirbachar

Post by amirbachar »

Ed wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:08 Hey Barracuda, found it.
I will study this new info thoroughly before giving a conclusion, but at first glance I can't imagine that some teams will get priority over the normal rebalancing rules just because there might be an issue with seeding priorities in a certain qualification round.
They described it with more details on the next paragraph, not all CL losers will be able to be drawn against each other anyway:

The six priority 1 teams are drawn against the three priority 4 teams to determine three pairings.

The three remaining priority 1 teams are drawn against the five priority 3 teams to determine three pairings.

The two remaining priority 3 teams are drawn against the six priority 2 teams to determine two pairings.

The four remaining priority 2 teams are drawn against each other to determine two pairings.
barracuda

Post by barracuda »

amirbachar wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 13:26
Ed wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:08 Hey Barracuda, found it.
They described it with more details on the next paragraph, not all CL losers will be able to be drawn against each other anyway:

The six priority 1 teams are drawn against the three priority 4 teams to determine three pairings.

The three remaining priority 1 teams are drawn against the five priority 3 teams to determine three pairings.

The two remaining priority 3 teams are drawn against the six priority 2 teams to determine two pairings.

The four remaining priority 2 teams are drawn against each other to determine two pairings.
Yes but in the next season there are more than six priority 1 teams, there will be seven or eight (if Manchester United win EL this season).
And only one or two priority 4 teams.

https://kassiesa.net/uefa/AccessList2021.html

So there will be changes as I described in my initial comment.

There are two options. Giving priority 1 clubs highest priority we have:

If Manchester United win

8 priority 1 (P1) clubs
6 priority 2 (P2) clubs
5 priority 3 (P3) clubs
1 priority 4 (P4) club

1x P1 vs. P4
5x P1 vs. P3
2x P1 vs. P2
2x P2 vs. P2

If Villarreal win

7 priority 1 (P1) clubs
6 priority 2 (P2) clubs
5 priority 3 (P3) clubs
2 priority 4 (P4) clubs

2x P1 vs. P4
5x P1 vs. P3
3x P2 vs. P2

In these cases there would be only 4 or 6 champions drawn to each other in the play-offs. But in the regulations they claim they guarantee 8 champions to be drawn to each other. This is only possible, if P1 two (or four, if Villarreal win) clubs are drawn to each other. So i don't know what is more worth, 8 champions be drawn to each other or priority 1 clubs shall not play against each other.
Last edited by barracuda on Sat May 08, 2021 14:25, edited 1 time in total.
Sammer

Post by Sammer »

I've still not found the link for the current standings? Help
Clockingbell

Post by Clockingbell »

Ed wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:39
Patardo_do_isaias wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:25 Thank you for this.

Last year was quite an exceptional situation: because of COVID-19 the knock-out rounds of season 2019/2020 were then played simultaneously with the qualification rounds for season 2020/2021.
Then the access list had to be rebalanced after the draw for the first qualification rounds 2020/2021 was made already, based on the initial access list.
Thanks! Been looking for this info for a while
kenzel

Post by kenzel »

Sammer wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 14:20 I've still not found the link for the current standings? Help
https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?res ... jB0famvaEM

Last Update: 7th of May.