Unify

Anything football. NO POLITICS please.
Kaiser

Unify

Post by Kaiser »

I have an idea - why can't Bert unify both forums in one? Just to add to forum 2 subforum 'Formats, coefficients, rankings'. Support?
yirdum

Post by yirdum »

naw that y we got this forum set up
badgerboy

Post by badgerboy »

No support.

This is the "sub forum" the main purpose of the site being to discuss coefficients etc. & that being done mainly on Forum 1.

Forum 2 was just set up to give people a place to discuss other football related stuff (mainly I think to avoid clogging up forum 1 too much & putting off people who want to use the site solely for it's main purpose) This forum works brilliantly I have to say - thanks especially to the likes of Lyonnais, Todor, Francisco, Michele & others - who use it to give great info. about the football in their countries.
Lyonnais

Post by Lyonnais »

I don't really know if this is relevant, but there is (to me at least) some confusions between "general discussions" and "European football".

Maybe this could help if:

- all threads related to domestic seasons were transferred into "European football"
- a sub-category "games" was created
Don't forget to post your predictions for the new season
viewtopic.php?p=563580#p563580
mistral

Post by mistral »

badgerboy wrote:No support. Forum 2 was just set up to give people a place to discuss other football related stuff (mainly I think to avoid clogging up forum 1 too much & putting off people who want to use the site solely for it's main purpose).
None here either to be honest. I'm far more interested in the straightforward football chat that one gets here rather the more maths related discussions that one can sometimes find on Forum 1.
badgerboy

Post by badgerboy »

Yes on the forum 2 threads I agree with Lyonnais.

I would have one thread for European Club Football & another for International Football. Get rid of the "General discussions" thread - maybe replacing it with a specific one for prediction games etc. In fact this is exactly what Lyonnais is saying I think now I look back at his post. Although he mentions a "sub-category" & I'd probably just go for the three basic threads: 1 European Club Football (Discussions on Champions League, UEFA Cup & all domestic club football); 2 National Teams; 3 Games (incl. prediction game) or Games & Miscellaneous (though I can't think what that might be just now!).

I think this was suggested before but I don't think Bert necessarily looks in on Forum 2 that often. Maybe someone could PM him to see if he is open to the suggestion? I'm happy to do so but I'll leave it to you for now Lyonnais - in case you have slightly different ideas about the prediction game thread.

One other small caveat. I'm not sure how easy it is to move topics around once you lose a thread & there's some historic stuff it might be a shame to lose. If it's possible to combine all the old topics in General discussions & European Club Football under one new heading - perfect - but if not could these be "archived" somehow rather than deleted entirely?
Giuseppe

Post by Giuseppe »

This is a 'php' based forum so moving threads around isn't a problem. However merging the old coefficients forum into this one isn't very likely to happen even if only for technical reasons. The coefficients forum is incompatible with this one and most likely pretty much everything from the other forum would be lost.
Kaiser

Post by Kaiser »

Lyonnais, badgerboy

COMPLETELY agree with ya 'Games' are necessary. Why?

1. Unload 'General Discussions'
2. Not riskin bea mishmashed.

Besides, I gonna organize VirtualSoccerII since fall, so a one more bonus point to yar ideas :wink:
bert.kassies

Post by bert.kassies »

badgerboy is right. I don't look too often in Forum 2, and if I do it is usually a quick scan. I simply don't have the time to read (let alone manage) all contributions.

In the past we had many treads on Forum 2, which were reduced to just 3 threads. In general, that was a success. The suggestion of badgerboy is merely to rename the "General discussion" thread to "Games & Miscellaneous", and possible re-order the threads. I don't know if it will do any good, but if you all think so it's OK for me.

Unification of Forum 1 and Forum 2 is out of the question. Even with many discussions off-topic, I still consider Forum 1 to contribute to the unique information on coefficients on this website. Forum 2 is meant for general football discussions.
UEFA European Cup Football for all UEFA coefficients and rankings
Kaiser

Post by Kaiser »

badgerboy wrote:No support.

This is the "sub forum" the main purpose of the site being to discuss coefficients etc. & that being done mainly on Forum 1.

Forum 2 was just set up to give people a place to discuss other football related stuff (mainly I think to avoid clogging up forum 1 too much & putting off people who want to use the site solely for it's main purpose) This forum works brilliantly I have to say - thanks especially to the likes of Lyonnais, Todor, Francisco, Michele & others - who use it to give great info. about the football in their countries.
Why then we get threads such as 'PREDICTIONS' or 'TRANSFERS' on forum 1?!
Giuseppe

Post by Giuseppe »

Because people start them despite the fact they shouldn't be there. Most of the times Bert deletes those threads.