Romanian Liga 1 2011/2012

Domestic league and cup football
moro

Post by moro »

Isr teams can play extremely well, but also bad, I still have hopes.
It would be interresting to see their records against german squads, I'll watch.
Executor

Post by Executor »

Just for fun, the odds for Vaslui and Steaua to qualify, according to bookies:

Vaslui

- win (38%)
- draw (28%) AND Sporting CP not to lose (39%) = 11%
- lose (33%) AND Sporting CP to win (14%) = 5%

Overall: 54%

Steaua

- win (58%) AND Schalke not to lose (53%) = 30%

So, Vaslui looks good, but still on the edge, while Steaua seems a bit hopeless...
sb

Post by sb »

well, that depends on bookmakers. I would have said 30% is hopeless if it were a two-team race (30 v 70).

However, taken from another bookmaker maybe different time of day. Because odds tend to be more volatile nearing match kick-off.

Steaua has ~34%, AEK Larnaca ~13% & Maccabi ~ 53%

That's not that dreadful..
moro

Post by moro »

Congratulations for all Steaua fans here, you have a pretty squad, as I've said last week the good spirit is there, it's sooo good to live this kind of moments again...
50.000 humans in the stadium, that's impressive.
We need Steaua to perform such things even from time to time, it keeps them alive and us too.

Vaslui did a wonderful job, they're where they belong.
Thanks to those results they'll be on the edge at the next draw ELqr4 for beeing/not beeing seeded, wich is very important (and with 2-3 more points gathered they'll allways be seeded from 2012 on).
dinamo_fan_4_ever

Post by dinamo_fan_4_ever »

congrats to all Steaua fans and most of all congrats to Steaua !!!
Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics...
Even if you win, you're still retarded.
kraken

Post by kraken »

Congratulations to Steaua! Great job! :applause:
no cyanides
Executor

Post by Executor »

I would also want to join the trend and wish "Congratulations to SC Vaslui!" :thumbs:

First season in a GS and they were in until the last MD. Sure, a little more offensive attitude in Zurich would've been great, but I also understand that the coach didn't really have choices. He had to send in players that he would hardly use in L1.

I feel this team will have a great future. They started from the bottom, in Intertoto, then tried 4 times to get to ELGS and when they finally did it, they didn't embarrass themselves. I also like the attitude of the management. Some MDs ago, after they won 3-2 vs. Pandurii, both the coach and the owner declared themselves not satissfied with the win because one of their goals was scored from a very easy-awarded penalty. Now, nobody sais one should refuse such a penalty, but it is recommended that you at least acknowledge that you were helped. This also implies that these guys are ready to accept their mistakes and this way they can correct them faster.

So, again, for the attitude and gameplay, Congrats Vaslui! :thumbs:
retroactive

Post by retroactive »

Cleary they were more competitive than Rapid, they came from Pot 4 and they've finished 3rd. This is what is called an upset. What Rapid lost on coeff grounds, Vaslui brought back.

There is small detail, that the media overlooks. Like Maccabi Haiffa (eliminated by Gent), Vaslui was also elimniated by Twente in CLq, as unseeded though. It is nice however to be able to play in 2 euro competitons in the same season, also with the 3rd place in L1, because of Timisoara relegation.

So, congratulation Vaslui, as well!
Executor

Post by Executor »

retroactive wrote:There is small detail, that the media overlooks. Like Maccabi Haiffa (eliminated by Gent), Vaslui was also elimniated by Twente in CLq, as unseeded though. It is nice however to be able to play in 2 euro competitons in the same season
That's funny. When Steaua reached the UCSF, eliminating Rapid on the way, a fact with which you brag all the time, you weren't bothered that, earlier in the same season, Steaua was eliminated from CL by ... Rosenborg. Short memory?
angelalaney

Post by angelalaney »

First of all congratulation to Steaua.. :thumbs:

Steaua really did a good job there..
Steaua fans and Rapid fans really don't get along .. :?
therefore the whole match is overwhelmed by this kind of racism.
I love soccer I like world cup 2014
Executor

Post by Executor »

Good draw for Steaua, which avoided the Big teams. I actually see good chance for them to advance. They met Twente 2 seasons ago:

2009/10 ELGS: Twente - Steaua 0-0 1-1

Steaua ended last behind Fenerbahce, Twente and Sheriff Tiraspol, but I admit they are stronger now.

Also Twente eliminated Vaslui form CLQR3 earlier this season (2-0 0-0) and they didn't look very impressive.

A 50/50 tie overall.

EDIT: And if Steaua passes, they could meet Schalke again, so they'll have a chance to say "Danke" in person :lol:
dinamo_fan_4_ever

the CFR mafia stroke again. i am staring to think that a country as Romania deserves such a champion as CFR.
kraken

Post by kraken »

:wink: but dinamo's penalty was totally legit, right?
no cyanides
Overgame

Post by Overgame »

Executor wrote:
retroactive wrote:There is small detail, that the media overlooks. Like Maccabi Haiffa (eliminated by Gent), Vaslui was also elimniated by Twente in CLq, as unseeded though. It is nice however to be able to play in 2 euro competitons in the same season
That's funny. When Steaua reached the UCSF, eliminating Rapid on the way, a fact with which you brag all the time, you weren't bothered that, earlier in the same season, Steaua was eliminated from CL by ... Rosenborg. Short memory?
Selective memory and selective reading :)
dinamo_fan_4_ever

i was not a penalty. but i can consider it a human error as the ref was badly positioned and only saw the players from behind. it can compensate with one of the 6-7 clear penalties dinamo was not allowed this season so far or with one of the 2-3 perfect goals scored and canceled by the ref.

dinamo could cheat every game from now on to the last one and still stand behind CFR when it comes to cheating games and winning points they don;t deserve.

i rarely ask this question but i have to. when you have another team with so much history in the town and that plays (at least now if not always) quite fair and leaving no question marks after their games...why do you support the mafia team that managed to cheat in a couple of years what dinamo or steaua managed in decades of communism and not only ??

what do you find at CFR worth of supporting ? when was the last time CFR won a game they deserved to win with no ref mistakes. what month ? what year ? / decade / century / millennium ??