EURO 2016 - Matchday comments

Euro 2024, World Cup 2026, etc.
AlanK
Location: Salem, Oregon and Barcelona, Spain; occasionally Lisboa

Post by AlanK »

I guess we'll see or hear pretty soon about videos of the incidents in the Czechia-Croatia game. When I went to Euro 2004, the fans that threw flares or lit lots of them in the stands were primarily the Croatians in Leiria in their GS game against France and the Greeks in Porto in the semifinal. Back then, nothing was done. Today, my first thought was that if Clattenberg called the game off, it would be 3-0 to Chechia and huge fines at a minimum for Croatia (which result I don't agree with, but hey . . .). At least they finished the game. Utter embarrassment for the organizers. Utter embarrassment for the innocent Croatian fans, and I sure hope they nail the guilty ones--fans or not :!:
"Past performance is no guarantee of future results."
max tre

Post by max tre »

Malko wrote:Aquestion to those who live in non english speaking countiries, especially where kyrillic is written.
French TV has the inscriptions in French (the name of the countries, the other informations), ALL other i can have here (German, austrian, belgian,......) in english. Even the belgian RTBF (french speaking part of Belgium) has iitnot in french but in English.......
Is this not available in french in belgium, in german in austria or Germany, aso....and how about in Russia? in the arabian countries ?
Honestly I didn't notice anything strange so far, then it's probably Italian or English here.
However, the scoreboard says "ESP 0-0 TUR" right now :shock:.

Edit: other stats are in English only, kinda a new thing maybe.
Last edited by max tre on Fri Jun 17, 2016 21:48, edited 1 time in total.
Michael S Collins

Post by Michael S Collins »

Seems like a faster tempo than the last Spain game, helped by Turkey having a go.
Michael S Collins

Where'd that cross come from?
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

Spain really needed that, they were really struggling to create even though well on top. Nice header.
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

Another goal from a defender putting in a player that would have been offside.

Turkey could crumble now.
Michael S Collins

2-0.

I think we're seeing why the Czechs played dead for so long.
max tre

Post by max tre »

Arges Pitesti wrote:Croatia soon to be disqualified by UEFA (at least I hope it)

It would not be right that "innocent" and skilled players like Modric, Rakitic and so on could not play because of those idiots, but there's no other way to make people aware on this kind of violence

So, make common people pay for this violence and you will see what kind of mess you're going to create

Also, first thing to do is take care of SAFETY of families, children, kids and other pacific people which go to the stadium (other than stewards like the one who has been stunned by a firecracker!) :evil: :evil: :evil:

French organisation is simply awful! They should have all the tools and the resources to prevent this shit (as terrorism as well, at least in some measure), but they are simply a FAILURE
I'd be happy to avoid Croatia, but I'm not for their ban :D
About the firecracker... I watched that scene only once then I could be wrong, but wasn't he a fireman? why wasn't he using the "pincers"?
bugylibicska

Post by bugylibicska »

That was quick, great header from Morata and sloppy defence by Turkey and Nolito makes it 2:0 in 3 minutes!
AlanK

Post by AlanK »

Ramos started like he was asleep, we were making sloppy passes and just not quite with it, and then it all came together for a few minutes :arrow: Alba to Nolito (I think) to Morata, who heads it in--1-0. And then Nolito scores from Cesc with the touch of a Turkish head between Cesc and Nolito--2-0. Incidentally, if Nolito woulda been offside with out the Turkish head touch . . . well, then he was offside period.

My hat is off in admiration to . . . Vicente del Bosque, for having the guts to stick with Nolito and Morata after they weren't exactly wonderful in the first game. :applause: :applause: :applause:
Malko

Post by Malko »

What is great in TV is that we have a perfect HD picture now everywhere...i still remember the different systems PAL SECAM NTSC...and transcoding was loss of quality...especially from NTSC to PAL. The last time we really saw that was when the WC was in Japan/Corea....and the WC in the States....horrible pictures......the pictures we had here in Europe waere not that clear as usual here......
Now, sometimes, if i switch from a HD channel to an SD channel ....the same match...iw onder how i could stand so bad pictures for so long......
bugylibicska

Post by bugylibicska »

First team to score 3 and Spain are the team to beat!
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

The 21st game of the tournament yields a third goal for a team, though I thought it looked offside.
nogomet

Post by nogomet »

I'm just back from the game in St Etienne. Gutted, absolutely gutted.

The same Nazi group of hooligans that have actively been trying to kick out Croatia from international tournaments since Italy-Croatia match at San Siro in 2014 stroke again. Croatian media have been writing for 3 days ahead of this match that this group is coming to interrupt the match, assisted by the AS St Etienne hooligans who bought them tickets. It's been in the news, it's been on television, they talked about this 2 days ago in a special TV show in prime time. So everybody knew that they are coming, and the French did - nothing. I saw these 25 people at half time, grouping together, they wear no Croatian jerseys or any national marks, only black shirts (see below), and sing their own Nazi and anti-HNS songs, trying to provoke trouble. And they succeeded. I wonder how long will take UEFA to give these animals what they want and kick Croatia out of the tournament for good.

AlanK

Post by AlanK »

Lorric wrote:The 21st game of the tournament yields a third goal for a team, though I thought it looked offside.
Indeed, clear offside by Jordi Alba who then assisted Nolito for the third goal. Where the heck was the linesman :?: But doesn't matter much in any case--we've qualified, and we finish first in group as long as we don't lose to Croacia on Tuesday.