Turkish Football Season 2017/18

Domestic league and cup football
bossake

Post by bossake »

What is happening at Karabukspor? Romanian papers (because there are a lot of Romanian players, 5-6) said the owner taked the money and went away from the club. The players received only 1 salary from August until now.

Also how can you rate Kayserispor performances? They invested in transfer amounts only ~1.5 mil Eur and are just 3 points from Istanbul BB. How is seen in Turkey Marius Sumudica (in Romania he was known a very jovial guy with tones of jokes from interviews)? How is Kayserispor salary budget, I mean a big budget, a medium budget or one of the lowest budgets from the league?
Duketown

Post by Duketown »

bossake wrote:What is happening at Karabukspor? Romanian papers (because there are a lot of Romanian players, 5-6) said the owner taked the money and went away from the club. The players received only 1 salary from August until now.
bjkman1903 wrote: Interesting things are happening lately in the league, I am tempted to post a review next week.
bjkman1903 wrote:Galatasaray descended into chaos.

- Tudos has been sacked
- A few board members did say that they would resign if Fatih Terim comes back
- Galatasaray president opted for a new election in January
Guess what? Even reality follows the money.
Duketown-sept 2017 wrote: Gala: Failed to comply last time. Then over-investing another €20m in players, hoping for CL football >> More UEFA punishment seems unavoidable.

all significant Turkish team need hand-holding by Uefa to do common sense bookkeeping. Bursaspor and Galatasary have recently been excluded from UEFA football while also Fenerbache, Trabsonspor and Karabukspor showed some kamikaze bookkeeping. karabukspor and trabzonspor are troubled but don't have my interest.
Besiktas only PARTLY complied with FFP, so their loss was probably more than the agreed €20m. This year it should be €10m. And the agreement ends after financial year 2018. Good for them, they made €3m transfer-surplus while their stadium adds lots of revenue.
Fenerbace:?

Between 2013-2015 Galatasaray had an loss of €163 million. In 2015-2016 the loss was €56 million. They failed FFP again in 2016 and need to break even compliant untill 2018. With a €21m transfer-deficit, things don't look good. Galatasaray settlement agreement:
http://www.uefa.org/MultimediaFiles/Dow ... WNLOAD.pdf
Galatasaray had not implemented any concrete strategy to comply with financial fair play during the settlement regime (in particular, it had failed to properly manage its expenses, as shown by the fact that its transfer expenses and employee wage expenses had increased during this period).
Meanwhile most final reports should be available. I don't believe the situation became any better..

How is that construction project of gala working out? Really, really important for them.

Now don't start yelling, like last time, but gala is in big trouble and Turkish league football remains a big mess.
Interested in football economics, trends, TPO, FFP, annual reports, stadium development & transfers. Accurate sources are Football leaks, UEFA club reports 2016, UEFA benchmark reports, KPMG, Deloitte, Asser Institute, CIES, FifPro.
Duketown

Post by Duketown »

Some more
Duketown-june 2017 wrote: In 2015-2016 the loss was €56 million.... Nuff said. Failing FFP with such numbers and not being mentioned in Uefa update means only 1 thing: exclusion + new FFP agreement untill 2021.

And €3.8 million for this Dutch player? This is a joke. He most have become really good playing in mediocre teams in mediocre leagues. In the Netherlands he was good enough for 2nd division. And all other clubs h played the wanted to get rid of him. And Gala gives him a 2021 contract. Seeing transfer like this, makes me understand Gala's troubles. Same goes for Donk.

Checked out Gala's other contract and only a few less important (and thus inexpensive) players leaving so payroll reduction needs to come from sales. Many unsellable expensive players (Sneijder, Podolski, De Jong). Even 2017 can't be breakeven anymore.

Man, all this is plain stupid. Is Gala managed be a Fenerbache fan? It looks like they are killing this club from the inside. Never seen such mismanagement. Only Inter and AC came close and they needed a new owner to pay €700 million while still not being repaired.

Anyone a link to English annual report? I wonder about their debts..
Interested in football economics, trends, TPO, FFP, annual reports, stadium development & transfers. Accurate sources are Football leaks, UEFA club reports 2016, UEFA benchmark reports, KPMG, Deloitte, Asser Institute, CIES, FifPro.
bjkman1903

Post by bjkman1903 »

bossake wrote:What is happening at Karabukspor? Romanian papers (because there are a lot of Romanian players, 5-6) said the owner taked the money and went away from the club. The players received only 1 salary from August until now.

Also how can you rate Kayserispor performances? They invested in transfer amounts only ~1.5 mil Eur and are just 3 points from Istanbul BB. How is seen in Turkey Marius Sumudica (in Romania he was known a very jovial guy with tones of jokes from interviews)? How is Kayserispor salary budget, I mean a big budget, a medium budget or one of the lowest budgets from the league?
Karabükspor - since they lost their coach Tudor to Galatasaray 10 months ago, things went bad for them.
Now on top of that they are in a huge financial crisis, their board of directors did resign and they are a serious candidate for relegation this season.
Rumours of players not getting their salaries are probably true, although I don't know if the directors stole money from the club.

Kayserispor - Sumudica is doing wonders with his team. He proved that he was a very succesful coach - got good results against Besiktas, Fenerbahçe, Trabzon and many other teams (they are still unbeaten at home)
As a result, we hear his name as one of the candidates to replace Tudor at Galatasaray (although chances are very slim - Gala are looking for a famous name)
Kayseri (alongside Goztepe) are the most surprising teams this season so far. They collected the same points as Besiktas after 16 games.
Budget wise - medium I would say. They still have some famous names like Asamoah Gyan, Umut Bulut, Varela with salaries of roughly between 0.5-1m€ per year.
Black Eagles 1903
kaerin

Post by kaerin »

Terim and his chaos football back in Gala.
bjkman1903

Post by bjkman1903 »

Week 17/34

36 ⦁ Istanbul Basakşehir
35 ⦁ Galatasaray
34 ⦁
33 ⦁ Fenerbahçe
32 ⦁
31 ⦁
30 ⦁ Beşiktaş // Kayserispor // Göztepe
29 ⦁ Trabzonspor
28 ⦁
27 ⦁
26 ⦁ Sivasspor
25 ⦁ Bursaspor
24 ⦁
23 ⦁
22 ⦁ Yeni Malatyaspor
21 ⦁
20 ⦁
19 ⦁ Akhisar Bld. // Kasımpaşa
18 ⦁ Alanyaspor
17 ⦁ Antalyaspor // Osmanlıspor
16 ⦁
15 ⦁ Konyaspor
14 ⦁ Gençlerbirliği
13 ⦁
12 ⦁
11 ⦁
10 ⦁
09 ⦁ Kardemir Karabükspor
Black Eagles 1903
bjkman1903

Post by bjkman1903 »

Mid-Season Overview

Istanbul Basakşehir - Decent performance in the league again - they finished the year as leaders like last season. Can they become champions this time ? Difficult to say. While they have more experience compared to the previous season, there are more challengers for the title. However, they definitely established themselves as one of the strongest Turkish sides in recent years.
Key performances : 2-3 at Fenerbahçe, 5-1 v Galatasaray, 1-1 at Besiktas
Key games : v Fener, Besiktas // at Galatasaray, Trabzon

Galatasaray - Tudor has been sacked and replaced by legendary Turkish coach Fatih Terim. While the Croatian coach was not necessarily unsuccesful, he failed to convince in derbies and key games. Let's see how it goes for Galatasaray from now on but it looks like they will chase the title until the very end.
Key performances : /
Key games : v Basakşehir, Trabzon, Beşiktaş // at Fener

Fenerbahçe - After a terrible start of season (Vardar humiliaton, 8 points behind leaders Galatasaray after 9 weeks), their season looked like already finished. Even their coach Aykut Kocaman was about to leave his job. He stayed and Fenerbahçe recoved - got 5 wins in-a-row and did catch with their main opponents. Thei squad seems weaker than the other title challengers, however they should fight until the last weeks.
Key performances : 2-1 v Beşiktaş
Key games : at Basakşehir, Trabzon, Beşiktaş // v Galatasaray

Beşiktaş - Disappointing performance in the league so far. What can I say ? we played 3 away games in CL -> 3 wins. We played 9 away games in Turkey -> ..3 wins. CL games did definitely affect the team. Luckily it's over now but it will be extremely difficult to become champions for a 3rd year in-a-row. While Beşiktaş will play more games at home in the second half of the season, we will also play almost all our main opponents away.
Key performances : 3-0 v Galatasaray
Key games : at Basakşehir, Galatasaray, Trabzon // v Fener

Trabzonspor - Like Fenerbahçe, extremely poor start of the season but they recovered since the arrival of their new coach Riza Calimbay. They have a decent chance for the title now but I would consider them as outsiders for now. However they host most of their title rivals which would be a great advantage.
Key performances : 2-1 v Galatasaray, 2-2 draws at Beşiktaş, Fener and Basakşehir
Key games : at Galatasaray // v Beşiktaş, Fener and Basakşehir

Kayserispor and Göztepe - surprise teams of the season so far!

Relegation - Kardemir Karabükspor is the main candidate, I don't think they would survive this season. In Turkey teams would roughly need 36-37 points to avoid relegation, which means that they need at least 10 wins in the remaining 17 games..
Difficult to predict which other clubs will be relegated. If I have to guess, Gençlerbirliği and Alanyaspor.

Early Prediction -

1. Galatasaray
2. Basakşehir
3. Beşiktaş
4. Fener
5. Trabzon

although the next 6 weeks will be crucial IMO.
Black Eagles 1903
subway14

Post by subway14 »

well I hope that Başakşehir wins but I think they will bottle it as usual :lol:
bjkman1903 wrote:Istanbul Basakşehir
btw why do you keep writing Basakşehir and not Başakşehir :confused:
bjkman1903

Post by bjkman1903 »

subway14 wrote:well I hope that Başakşehir wins but I think they will bottle it as usual :lol:
Because I copy and paste club names (I don't have Turkish keyboard..) and I haven't noticed that I had it wrong until now. :amstupid:
Black Eagles 1903
Forza AZ

Post by Forza AZ »

bjkman1903 wrote:
subway14 wrote:well I hope that Başakşehir wins but I think they will bottle it as usual :lol:
Because I copy and paste club names (I don't have Turkish keyboard..) and I haven't noticed that I had it wrong until now. :amstupid:
Well, then also change the first letter of the name into "İ" if you are at it. ;)
bjkman1903

Post by bjkman1903 »

Turkish national cup - Round of 16 (1st leg results)

Atiker Konyaspor 1-0 Trabzonspor
Beşiktaş 4-1 Osmanlıspor FK
Boluspor (D2) 2-1 Akhisarspor
Fenerbahçe 2-0 İstanbulspor (D2)
Galatasaray 3-0 Bucaspor (D3)
Gençlerbirliği 1-0 Bursaspor
Giresunspor (D2) 3-1 Medipol Başakşehir
Kayserispor 3-1 Antalyaspor

2nd leg - 16-18 January 2018

Most surprising result here is İstanbul Başakşehir's ( :wink: ) 3-1 loss - however it's far from over as they are strong enough to overcome this result.
Easy wins for Galatasaray, Fenerbahçe and Beşiktaş. There should be some suspense in the other ties not involving these teams from İstanbul.
Black Eagles 1903
bjkman1903

Post by bjkman1903 »

Turkish national cup - Round of 16 (2nd leg results)

16-18 January 2018

Trabzonspor 1-1 Atiker Konyaspor
Osmanlıspor FK x-x Beşiktaş
Akhisarspor x-x Boluspor (D2)
İstanbulspor (D2) 0-1 Fenerbahçe
Bucaspor (D3) x-x Galatasaray
Bursaspor 2-1 Gençlerbirliği
Medipol Başakşehir x-x Giresunspor (D2)
Antalyaspor x-x Kayserispor

Trabzonspor, Bursaspor and Istanbulspor are eliminated.
TBC tomorrow and on Thursday.
Black Eagles 1903
germanyfrance33

Post by germanyfrance33 »

bjkman1903 wrote:Turkish national cup - Round of 16 (1st leg results)

Most surprising result here is İstanbul Başakşehir's ( :wink: ) 3-1 loss - however it's far from over as they are strong enough to overcome this result.
Do you know if today they are going to field the starters?And also,do they care to go on?
bjkman1903

Post by bjkman1903 »

germanyfrance33 wrote:

Do you know if today they are going to field the starters?And also,do they care to go on?
Most likely yes.
And yes they do - they didn't field their best squad in the first leg thinking that it would be fine against a lower division team.

I think they will qualify today.
Black Eagles 1903
germanyfrance33

Post by germanyfrance33 »

bjkman1903 wrote:
germanyfrance33 wrote:

Most likely yes.
And yes they do - they didn't field their best squad in the first leg thinking that it would be fine against a lower division team.

I think they will qualify today.
Ok,thanks!I am interested to place a bet,they are quoted 1,46 to win and it seemed strange,i expected more like a 1,2