Romanian Domestic Football 2017/2018

Domestic league and cup football
subway14

Post by subway14 »

bossake wrote:But the scenario with Iasi, Botosani and Dinamo finishing with 39 points is very very unprobable.
but it was indeed what happened :lol:
bossake

Post by bossake »

Yep, almost noone expected this display :D.

At 14.00 Botosani - Gaz Metan Medias 1-0

At 19.45 Astra Giurgiu - Dinamo Bucuresti 2-0 & CSM Poli Iasi - Viitorul Constanta 0-1
Botosani levelled Iasi and Dinamo, and in the case both Dinamo and Iasi would losed, all 3 teams would finished with same points and Iasi will go in the playoff because of best in h2h table.
The game in Giurgiu was somehow wired. Dinamo, who knowned before the game they need at least a draw was simply out of passion, out of power, out of chances. Astra started the game nervous, dedicated and winned totally deserved.
With Dinamo losing the result from Iasi didnt counted very much.

4. Astra Giurgiu 44
5. Viitorul Constanta 44
(better h2h for Astra)
6.CSM Poli Iasi 39
----------------------
7.Fc Botosani 39
8.Dinamo Bucuresti 39
Dinamo going in the playout is a big hurt for their fans. After last year first time for long tine they fighted for title until the last round, after playing again in Europe after 6 years now they will go in the playout. Need to mention that also last year they qualified for playoff in the last round, but now the chance was not on their side.
I still believe the main reason for losing the playoff is their coach (appointed in september last year), who is having a totally oposite football philosophy than the former coach of Dinamo who left the club in the middle of the season for the Romanian National Team.

Is still a mistery why Botosani - Gaz Metan Medias, a game who influenced the final rankings was choosed to be played before the games of Iasi and Dinamo. Probably another sign of amatorism at our league combined maybe also with the desire of the TV stations......

Personally I am happy for Dinamo losing the playoff, because of their biggest rivality against FCSB they could play very strong against us and more "friendly" against FCSB title challanger.....

Iasi is for the first time in the playoffs (this is the 3rd year with playoff). FCSB, Astra and Viitorul participated in all the 3 playoffs. But this achievement is somehow normally for Iasi. Despite in the summer they changed 90% of the team, Iasi in the last year was the clear winner of the playout. Same 2 years ago, they winned again the playout (at that time this thing sended them in Europa League).
Now, for next year we will have only 4 teams in Europe.

A nice thing about the story of the football is last year in the playoffs, with 2 rounds before the finish, in the direct game Dinamo - FCSB, Dinamo winned 2-1 in min 95 and FCSB losed the first position to Viitorul (future champions).A 1-1 draw would gived us 1 point advantage over Viitorul.
From that result both FCSB and Viitorul winned all their games, so we can say Dinamo stopped FCSB winning the title last year.
Now, this year , in the last round, FCSB scored the 2-2 equaliser in the 93 min (last) and taked from Dinamo 2 points who would qualified them in the playoff.
subway14

Post by subway14 »

bossake wrote:Is still a mistery why Botosani - Gaz Metan Medias, a game who influenced the final rankings was choosed to be played before the games of Iasi and Dinamo. Probably another sign of amatorism at our league combined maybe also with the desire of the TV stations......
probably because of broadcasting reasons

anyway it didn't give an advantage to anyone as it was already known that Botoșani would not qualify for the play-off
Kutuz_off

Post by Kutuz_off »

Interesting tidbit I came across today, while taking a deep dive in wikipedia: "As of 2016, Liga I ranked first in the number of teams sent to participate in European competitions since 1955. No less than 40 different clubs had played at least one match in European cups"
subway14

Post by subway14 »

surprising result in Romanian cup today: Hermannstadt 3-0 FCSB :lol:
germanyfrance33

Post by germanyfrance33 »

subway14 wrote:surprising result in Romanian cup today: Hermannstadt 3-0 FCSB :lol:

How come they have a German name?
BurningStorm

Post by BurningStorm »

germanyfrance33 wrote:
subway14 wrote:surprising result in Romanian cup today: Hermannstadt 3-0 FCSB :lol:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transylvanian_Saxons
germanyfrance33

Post by germanyfrance33 »

BurningStorm wrote:
germanyfrance33 wrote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transylvanian_Saxons
Thanks,it's always worth noting-at least for me-the links between football and history
matt

Post by matt »

It was a midweek full of Cup-surprises: France, Russia and now Romania.
International break hater
Roque

Post by Roque »

Are Hemannstadt getting a lot of financial backing just now?

Currently on course for promotion to Liga 1 - their third promotion in 3 years.
totosexpandingheadband

Post by totosexpandingheadband »

Saw that Targu Mures had packed in for this season during the break,another in the long list of top league clubs with European experience going bust.
bugylibicska

Post by bugylibicska »

Roque wrote:Are Hemannstadt getting a lot of financial backing just now?

Currently on course for promotion to Liga 1 - their third promotion in 3 years.
Klaus Iohannis the current president of Romania is a Transylvanian Saxon of German origin born in Sibiu (Nagyszeben in Hungarian or Hermannstadt in German) and has been the mayor there between 2000-14.
bossake

Post by bossake »

FC Hermannstadt, founded in 2015, is (another) team owned by the authorithies of the city. So, the money are "no limit" (despite for winning the second league you need only about 1-1.2mil EUR ) but in the same way there is a risk that sometime the money injection to stop (the legislation here is very tricky) and then the team will be a no-one like we had very much examples which bankrupted ( ASA Targu Mures being just one).
The only good part in the FC Hermannstadt case is that Sibiu is a city who brings a lot of fans to the stadium. even in the second divsion they have 4000-5000 fans at every game, which is a very good number for our league.
The interest for the game vs FCSB was incredible. Here we have a story...Because the stadium dont have a lighting system they rented a mobile lighting system. But the game cannot be played at the scheduled time.Despite ~12-15.000 people was in the stands the referee because of very cold temperature (about - 8 Celsius) and frozen pitch didnt allowed the game to start and the game was moved for the next day at 14.00.

Even so,at this strange hour during the middle of the week, about 12.000 fans attended at the nice victory against FCSB which sended them in the Romanian Cup Semifinals.

FC Hermannstadt most probably will attain promotion and is nice to have in the first league a city which brings fans to the stadium. But I hope they will improve their stadium facilities. They dont have a lighting system and also their pitch dosent have heating system and this thing is a big problem. I cant understand why the authorities dont invest first in facilities (stadium, pitch etc) and only after in spending money into a club.
Actually I am not agree at all with authorities owning and investing to a profesional club. Not only in football, maybe you heared about female handball club CSM Bucharest. Is owned by the authorithies of the city and they spend about ~13-15 mil Eur only for this handball club. The club has also other sports and in total the city spends about ~20 mil Eur for this. I am supporting this club when the girls play but I am not agree spending public money on profesional sport. I am agree with spending for amateur sport.

About ASA Targu Mures the things were clear about their bakruptcy since they relegated. I still hope that Pandurii Targu Jiu will survive but the signs are not very good from there. I think the rate of bakruptcy between the teams who relegate from our first league in the last 4-5years is more than 60-70%!
Roque

Post by Roque »

I was actually going to ask about Targu Mures - I remember they very nearly won the championship but missed out on the last day. And then just completely vanished as quickly as they'd appeared.

I actually watched some of the Hermannstadt-Steaua cup game (it was streaming on Bet365!) and I was very impressed with the crowd at it, even if it was against a big team like Steaua. You would imagine the potential attendances would prevent them becoming another Targu Mures or whatever other Romanian clubs have gone bankrupt after an initial rise. But I don't know the inner workings of Romanian football, so maybe not.
totosexpandingheadband

Post by totosexpandingheadband »

Are Pandurii playing in that new stadium in Targu Jiu yet?