12%
No
88%

Total votes: 75

Wachtwoord

Post by Wachtwoord »

ngfsmg wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 16:01
Wachtwoord wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 21:06
ngfsmg wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 17:14 Oh, what am I going to choose? The CL with an amazing PSG-Bayern, or one more Arsenal-Tottenham between two average teams? I am against closed leagues by principle, but this Superleague doesn't even have the quality they're pretending to have...
Every national league is closed by geography by definition. Ajax can't join PL or BL. Making us be the bitch that trains the talent for other clubs.

It needs to be an open pyramid with promotion and relegation but it needs to be PAN European. Pan European is the most important thing for now. Promotion/relegation will follow.
You missed the point, closed=no promotion nor relegation
For now. That will be over soon enough. It's a transition period until it turns from a tournament into a league.
Phocea

Post by Phocea »

Wachtwoord wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 18:30

Every national league is closed by geography by definition. Ajax can't join PL or BL. Making us be the bitch that trains the talent for other clubs.

It needs to be an open pyramid with promotion and relegation but it needs to be PAN European. Pan European is the most important thing for now. Promotion/relegation will follow.
For now. That will be over soon enough. It's a transition period until it turns from a tournament into a league.
I think you miss the whole point of this atrocity.
Wachtwoord

Post by Wachtwoord »

I think you do. It's to get rid of UEFA and national football leagues. Cutting out the middle man.

Then a new pyramud is created where discrimination based on geography is eliminated.
SimonB

Post by SimonB »

Wachtwoord wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 18:30

If there was a transition it would be a Myanmar(Burma) style one I would suspect, where the coup leaders would retain full control over events.
SimonB

Post by SimonB »

Wachtwoord wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 19:18 I think you do. It's to get rid of UEFA and national football leagues. Cutting out the middle man.

Then a new pyramud is created where discrimination based on geography is eliminated.
:rollfloor: :rollfloor: :rollfloor:

and how many eastern teams do we see in this new non-discriminatory football world :question:

ngfsmg

Post by ngfsmg »

Wachtwoord wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 19:18 I think you do. It's to get rid of UEFA and national football leagues. Cutting out the middle man.

That's just a bonus. Clubs like Tottenham and AC Milan have all failed in a very big way recently either in European competitions, in their national leagues, or in both, and that means a lot of money lost that they think they deserve. Look at the current Premier League standings, with West Ham and Leicester ahead of some of those teams. I mean, Leicester has more titles in the last few years than Tottenham!
I also want to say that with the rise of streaming and a lot of supporters disgusted with this, I think the revenue projections for the Superleague are not very realistic
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

This is your vision, that you badly want. This is a vision not shared by the creators of the Super League. Their vision is a closed shop of guaranteed mega money, and them dominating domestically easily and comfortably and scooping up all that money as well.
Wachtwoord

Post by Wachtwoord »

SimonB wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 19:26

and how many eastern teams do we see in this new non-discriminatory football world :question:

Plenty :) Where does the east start for you?

Red Star is a nice example. So are several Ukranian and Russian teams.
Wachtwoord

Post by Wachtwoord »

Lorric wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 19:32

This is your vision, that you badly want. This is a vision not shared by the creators of the Super League. Their vision is a closed shop of guaranteed mega money, and them dominating domestically easily and comfortably and scooping up all that money as well.
Their competition will be transformed into a league at some point (more money). If at that point they dont add promotion/relegation it will be boring as fuck. Everything else follows from that.

Yes I badly want a pan European football pyramid. It's taking longer than I thought it would but it's kind of inevitable. I just hope it happens before all the non-top5 league teams have sunk so much behind that they'll never catch up again.
bbi

Post by bbi »

I would discuss the creation of a european championship in which lower division are the current national championships. but that would have clear pyramid structure. I might favor this.
this super league depends a lot on the wow factor, on the publicity. they wouldn't keep any such information because that is essential to getting others support. the fact they didn't mention any remote possibility about this makes it pretty clear to me that no such plan exists.

they want to replace Uefa/Fifa to take their place. and make sure they make all the decisions. decide how they divide the money. and than give pocket change to any newcomer. if they'd want to recreate the structure they would have come with a clear program on how anybody can freely join. the fact that they talk only about money is clear that money is the only thing they are interested in.
FORZA STEAUA! FORZA MILAN!
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

Wachtwoord wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 19:36
Lorric wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 19:32

Their competition will be transformed into a league at some point (more money). If at that point they dont add promotion/relegation it will be boring as fuck. Everything else follows from that.

Yes I badly want a pan European football pyramid. It's taking longer than I thought it would but it's kind of inevitable. I just hope it happens before all the non-top5 league teams have sunk so much behind that they'll never catch up again.
Don't let what you want give you false hope of getting it here.

The way I think they're thinking to not make fans bored is they make the closed shop, get all the money and they use it to get all the best players. Then domestically they're totally dominant, banging in 3 or 4 goals at least in many games vs non-Super teams, so people will look at it and be like "Wow, these really are the best in the World!" People latch on to winners, they scoop up all the glory hunters, all the people who like to act like because they support a big club they're a big deal and people who support smaller clubs are below them. All the big blockbuster games with the best players are between themselves and 5 other teams there to make them look good by smashing them with their far superior resources. Even if it does fail and they go back to how it is now, by the time it does, they'll have gathered all the money and all the best players to rule supreme over the rest of Europe's clubs in perpetuity.
Wachtwoord

Post by Wachtwoord »

But in a league with no promotion/relegation after a quarter of matches are played in roughly 80% of the remaining matches no-one has anything to gain or lose. How is that interesting? That's why I believe adding P/R and a whole pyramid (with indeed the current national leagues somewhere in there) is a foregone conclusion.

If I'm wrong than everything's shit but than there isn't any hope anyway. All the clubs in non-top5 leagues are simply slowly shrinking relative to the top5 leagues. Something has to happen. I'd support nearly any change at this point.
Phocea

Post by Phocea »

Wachtwoord

Post by Wachtwoord »

Phocea wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 19:56 It seems Chelsea withdraws. https://www.bbc.com/sport/live/football/56581964
Wow, nice and consistent decision makimg on Stamford Bridge! :degsmile:
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

Wachtwoord wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 19:52 But in a league with no promotion/relegation after a quarter of matches are played in roughly 80% of the remaining matches no-one has anything to gain or lose. How is that interesting? That's why I believe adding P/R and a whole pyramid (with indeed the current national leagues somewhere in there) is a foregone conclusion.

If I'm wrong than everything's shit but than there isn't any hope anyway. All the clubs in non-top5 leagues are simply slowly shrinking relative to the top5 leagues. Something has to happen. I'd support nearly any change at this point.
It would stay interesting for longer than that when half the teams survive the group stage.

But yes, I could tell you're trying to find hope anywhere you can. But this will take you even further away from what you want.