cldraw.ru - seeding CL, EL and ECL 21/22

including formats, draws, seedings, etc.
avikuk12

Post by avikuk12 »

m-p3 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 23:22 cldraw.ru - now redirects to the new season seeding CL, EL and ECL 21/22.
Direct link: https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?res ... 5LlMWkMofc

Tab "MENU" - quick access to all tabs.
Tab "CL" - seeding Champions League 21/22.
Tab "EL" - seeding Europa League 21/22.
Tab "ECL" - seeding Europa Conference League 21/22.
Tab “Teams” - all participants of future CL, EL and EСL at the moment (as well as their predicted set of points).
Tab "Coef'22" - the predicted country coefficients for the next season, are calculated automatically after each update.
Tab "ClR" - current club ranking. Also indicated are the places of clubs in national championships, what stage they will start next season at the moment.
Tabs "1.Spain", "2.England",..., "55.San-Marino" - tournament tables of all the highest European championships. Also contain information of club coefficients, additional rules for equality of points, add. information.

Regular update.
Hi
I am new here.
Why did the file stop updating in the middle of the season?
Wachtwoord

Post by Wachtwoord »

@dnina10 could you please make a small improvement? For EL Q3 LP the spreadsheet is expecting the higher coefficient teams (Galatasaray, Rapid Wien and it still says Midtjylland but should be Celtic) to lose to the lower seeded teams (Jablonec, St. Johnstone and Antorhosis Famagusta). Could you please invert that so it's consistent with the projections in the rest of the spreadsheet?
Partizan_Belgrad

Post by Partizan_Belgrad »

@ Wachtwoord:

It is not possible to make predictions for EL PO draw on this way, using the coefficients, because all winners from EL Q3 league path have "priority 4" by EL PO draw, no matter which coefficients that have.
That means, the only possible prediction is that also Celtic, Rapid and Galatasaray, as winners in EL Q3 league path, would loose in EL PO and go than to ECL GS.
You can put alone this three clubs in ECL GS instead Jablonec, St. Johnstone and Anorthosis. 😁
Firnen

Post by Firnen »

Is anyone planning to make a new spreadsheet from September/October?

I know it's too early but it's always fun to follow week after week.
dnina10

Post by dnina10 »

Firnen wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 23:52 Is anyone planning to make a new spreadsheet from September/October?

I know it's too early but it's always fun to follow week after week.
I will make a new spreadsheet. As always I'll start in January. Doing it any earlier is a bit pointless as not all competitions will have started before then (I include Cup matches in saying that). I'll make a spreadsheet before then, but won't make the normal updates until January
ngfsmg

Post by ngfsmg »

Talking about 2022/23, let's imagine that a team like Plzen are the champions in their country and also win the ECL. So would they enter in the CLQ2, which gives a chance for CL football but no guarantee of gettin into any GS, or would they use the ECLTH and get into the ELGS?
Firnen

Post by Firnen »

ngfsmg wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 18:27 Talking about 2022/23, let's imagine that a team like Plzen are the champions in their country and also win the ECL. So would they enter in the CLQ2, which gives a chance for CL football but no guarantee of gettin into any GS, or would they use the ECLTH and get into the ELGS?
CL Qualifiers. ALL the teams prefer a chance for CL, they don't play for the Ranking.
dnina10

Post by dnina10 »

ngfsmg wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 18:27 Talking about 2022/23, let's imagine that a team like Plzen are the champions in their country and also win the ECL. So would they enter in the CLQ2, which gives a chance for CL football but no guarantee of gettin into any GS, or would they use the ECLTH and get into the ELGS?
I imagine they take CL. They'd only need to win one round to be guaranteed a GS, two to be guaranteed what the ECL TH is guaranteed (EL GS). I think for them that is more than achievable
ngfsmg

Post by ngfsmg »

Firnen wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 18:55
CL Qualifiers. ALL the teams prefer a chance for CL, they don't play for the Ranking.
It's not just a matter of ranking, I'm not sure but I think that going to the ELGS gives more money than losing on CLQ2 and then not getting to the same stage
dnina10 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 18:56
I imagine they take CL. They'd only need to win one round to be guaranteed a GS, two to be guaranteed what the ECL TH is guaranteed (EL GS). I think for them that is more than achievable
But would it be Plzen's decision? Wouldn't be UEFA the one choosing?
Anyway, this could be easily solved by giving a spot in the CLPO for the ECLTH: if they win, they get into the CLGS; if they lose, at least they are guaranteed of going to the ELGS (as they are now)
Forza AZ

Post by Forza AZ »

ngfsmg wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 19:07 But would it be Plzen's decision? Wouldn't be UEFA the one choosing?
Yes, some time ago it was mentioned here that clubs can choose if they want to start in CL-Q or in EL-GS if they won the CoL.

I think it is very unlikely any team would choose EL-GS. They just won the CoL, so why should they not have a shot in CL-Q to get to at least CL-Q4 (or Q3 if they are in the non-champions path) a few months later.
ngfsmg

Post by ngfsmg »

Forza AZ wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 19:25
ngfsmg wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 19:07 But would it be Plzen's decision? Wouldn't be UEFA the one choosing?
Yes, some time ago it was mentioned here that clubs can choose if they want to start in CL-Q or in EL-GS if they won the CoL.

I think it is very unlikely any team would choose EL-GS. They just won the CoL, so why should they not have a shot in CL-Q to get to at least CL-Q4 (or Q3 if they are in the non-champions path) a few months later.
Oh, thanks, I didn't know it! I understand that most clubs would prefer the CL, but it's not impossible for a club to lose a couple games in the pre-season, especially if it's a non-top league team that normally sell their best players after a good season
LRansborg

Post by LRansborg »

Even if starting in Q2 and strugling a bit with your pre-season, you have to mess up really bad to lose 3 times in a row 3 months after managing to win ECL and your national championship in parallel.
The ECL victory alone should get you seeded in CLQ2, so all three matches should avoid the strongest champions.
All in all, starting in CLQ should be a no-brainer.

The real dilema is if you ended second and qualify for CLQ2 non-champions path. That comes with a non-trivial risk of loosing 3 rounds in a row.
But even then, I would be very surprised if a club chose not to go for the CL opportunity.

In the future, I think UEFA should consider allocating 2 CL slots to european cup winners. This would mean ECL winner goes in CL GS if at least one of the CL or EL winners qualify directly for CL GS. In my view, that is more reasonable than awarding “random” teams from the qualifiers by moving them up a round
dnina10

Post by dnina10 »

LRansborg wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 17:26 Even if starting in Q2 and strugling a bit with your pre-season, you have to mess up really bad to lose 3 times in a row 3 months after managing to win ECL and your national championship in parallel.
The ECL victory alone should get you seeded in CLQ2, so all three matches should avoid the strongest champions.

The real dilema is if you ended second and qualify for CLQ2 non-champions path. That comes with a non-trivial risk of loosing 3 rounds in a row.
But even then, I would be very surprised if a club chose not to go for the CL opportunity.

In the future, I think UEFA should consider allocating 2 CL slots to european cup winners. This would mean ECL winner goes in CL GS if at least one of the CL or EL winners qualify directly for CL GS. In my view, that is more reasonable than awarding “random” teams from the qualifiers by moving them up a round
I like your thinking. This is what I'd do. If CLTH spot isn't used, same thing as now (CH of next highest ranked NA goes to GS). If ELTH isn't used, then ECLTH gets the spot (otherwise CL PO). If both EL and ECL THs aren't used, then next highest ranked domesric champ gets GS
Vidibreovo

Post by Vidibreovo »

dnina10 wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 22:20
LRansborg wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 17:26 Even if starting in Q2 and strugling a bit with your pre-season, you have to mess up really bad to lose 3 times in a row 3 months after managing to win ECL and your national championship in parallel.

I like your thinking. This is what I'd do. If CLTH spot isn't used, same thing as now (CH of next highest ranked NA goes to GS). If ELTH isn't used, then ECLTH gets the spot (otherwise CL PO). If both EL and ECL THs aren't used, then next highest ranked domesric champ gets GS
Maybe better thing in that case will be if ECL winner goes to CL PO round, they will have EL GS secured, and chaqnce to go in CL GS. Ofc they will be seeded team in CL PO in non-champions pat.
Na svoju veru na svoju zemlju ponosan sam ja, za jedan grad na balkanu i klub u njemu zivim ja...