2023-24 Europa Conference League: 3rd qualifying round

Champions League, Europa League, Conference League
og2002gr

Post by og2002gr »

nogomet wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 15:48
Firnen wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 14:15
Two probable Greece v Croatia battles.
I'll trade you the access to CL for AEK and all the glory and money coming with it, and in return I ask Hajduk getting access to ECL-PO over PAOK.

I think it's more than a fair deal. :grin1:
Dinamo got a very bad draw because AEK is in top form (or we all overestimate them because of the fixed championship).

PAOK is bad and under decomposition, so you won't need any trade here.
Last edited by og2002gr on Mon Jul 24, 2023 17:05, edited 1 time in total.
fewer spots :arrow: weaker leagues :arrow: fewer spots :arrow: weaker leagues :arrow: fewer spots :arrow: weaker leagues

http://kassiesa.net/uefa/forum2/viewtop ... 52#p359852
bossake

Post by bossake »

if will pass Cska 1948 I think Fcsb needs a miracle to pass Nordsjaelland. so unlucky :)
Firnen

Post by Firnen »

I'll trade you the access to CL for AEK and all the glory and money coming with it, and in return I ask Hajduk getting access to ECL-PO over PAOK.

Nope, I want AEK either in the UEL or the UECL. They will 0-0-6 again if they make it to the CL.
PAOK making Groups could me make or break for Greece's season if we assume that Olympiacos and Panathinaikos will not manage to choke with a double and triple elimination respectively.
Firnen

Post by Firnen »

og2002gr wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 16:58

Dinamo got a very bad draw because AEK is in top form (or we all overestimate them because of the fixed championship).

PAOK is bad and under decomposition, so you won't need any trade here.
AEK has the exact same team with last year, which is always an advantage in Qualifiers if said team was functional (which they were, even if we're not sure where their level is in European standards).
bugylibicska

Post by bugylibicska »

Too much to digest, need a few days to chew on it. I now say only that after the 3rd round no Magyar teams left, unless Fradi will be resurrected.
bugylibicska

Post by bugylibicska »

No wonder the Croat fans are disgusted by the draw. Hajduk Split - PAOK tie head and shoulders above the rest. Few others interesting: Aris Salonika - Dynamo Kyiv, Legia Warszawa - Austria Wien...
bugylibicska

Post by bugylibicska »

Some more ties interesting to me: assuming the winners from the 2nd round

CSKA Sofia - Aktobe
Rapid - Wien - Debrecen
Besiktas - Zeljeznicar
Adana Demirspor - Osijek
Twente - Kecskemet
Rosenborg - Hearts
Fenerbahce - Maribor
Lech Poznan - Spartak Trnava
Steaua - Nordsjaelland
Bodo - Kalmar
Firnen

Post by Firnen »

bugylibicska wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 18:50 No wonder the Croat fans are disgusted by the draw. Hajduk Split - PAOK tie head and shoulders above the rest. Few others interesting: Aris Salonika - Dynamo Kyiv, Legia Warszawa - Austria Wien...
Did you see Rijeka's draw?
Dukangjini in QR2 and B36 Torshavn in QR3.
bugylibicska

Post by bugylibicska »

Firnen wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 19:21
bugylibicska wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 18:50 No wonder the Croat fans are disgusted by the draw. Hajduk Split - PAOK tie head and shoulders above the rest. Few others interesting: Aris Salonika - Dynamo Kyiv, Legia Warszawa - Austria Wien...
Yes, but that's the only draw was kind to them. AEK for Dinamo, PAOK for Hajduk and Adana Demirspor for Osijek a real nightmare draws.
mieszambeton

Post by mieszambeton »

CRO teams have awesome draw. Two beatable opponents giving seeded status in Q4 + joke draw for Rijeka.
hertolo

Post by hertolo »

hertolo wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:32 I'm calling it now: if Basel passes the team from Kazakhstan, we will get Pyunik from Armenia again or the one from Georgia. We just like to travel... :)
Ok, I take it back, we got a decent trip route this time, even if there's still the chance for a long flight to Finland in there.

The rest of the Swiss Draws don't really matter. For Servette the eventual ECL Playoffs are all that matter, and Lucerne, well they could profit from Djurgarden seeded spot if they manage to work a miracle in there. But every single point from them would be an unexpected bonus.

But that mix-up of seeded and unseeded spots with this early draw today just showed that they should either just draw a tournament tree at the start, or would need more weeks with a week of in between (= fewer teams in qualifying, or more spots in the group phase) or just need another reform of some sort. To me, this sharade has way more to do with the luck of the draw than sports. And it makes everyone nervous. But well...
Firnen

Post by Firnen »

bugylibicska wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 19:36
Yes, but that's the only draw was kind to them. AEK for Dinamo, PAOK for Hajduk and Adana Demirspor for Osijek a real nightmare draws.
Adana Demirspor is a nightmare draw when you are unseeded? Certainly not.
Stephenmoka4

Post by Stephenmoka4 »

From what I read here: "Scared of Nordsjælland but not Midtjylland" I don't get it.
bugylibicska

Post by bugylibicska »

Firnen wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 19:45
bugylibicska wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 19:36

Adana Demirspor is a nightmare draw when you are unseeded? Certainly not.
I know you talk down the Turkish clubs, but they're certainly not the best option for Osijek. Maybe Arouca or Djurgarden would be preferable, Plzen perhaps, only Gent look stronger.
bossake

Post by bossake »

Stephenmoka4 wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 20:17 From what I read here: "Scared of Nordsjælland but not Midtjylland" I don't get it.
isn't Nordsjaelland much better? They gived a serious fight in winning the title last months while Midtjylland was in playout and are in Europe just because winned one game vs 4th placed Viborg