2023-24 Europa League: Group Stage

Champions League, Europa League, Conference League
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

rickmankusso wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 16:50
Lorric wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 16:38 Rangers are in the same slot as Brighton and West Ham, leaving Liverpool alone. Boooooooo.

That’s because Brighton were linked with Villa. But it also gets stranger than that.

For MD1, MD2 and MD6 you are right.

MD3 and MD4 Brighton play at the same time as Liverpool
MD5 Rangers play at the same time as Liverpool.

If you overlay the ECL, then Villa and Aberdeen play at the same time as Liverpool on MD1, MD2 and MD6.

MD3 and MD4 Villa play early to counter Brighton playing late
MD5 Aberdeen play early to counter Rangers playing late

So there’s always 3 Brits in each slot.

I assume MD5 is about Aberdeen playing in Helsinki. MD3 and 4 the relevant games are AZ vs Villa and Brighton vs Ajax so not sure why they needed to be played with.
Thank you. I noticed when I went to look at the ECL fixtures that thankfully Villa and Aberdeen are in the Liverpool slot. I saw that there is some movement within slots, but didn't realise it nicely lines up so there's always 3 Brits in each slot. So this is very good news for me indeed! :D
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

Korgutt wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 09:32 Image
West Ham will get to see what Baka Topola are like at home first, which is good as if they are going to surprise it's likely to be away, so they'll play both their away games before West Ham away and they'll be forewarned. Next, big matches away to Freiburg and the Olympiakos double header.

Brighton open with AEK at home but then likely the hardest three games, Marseille away and both Ajax games. I am expecting AEK to take points in this group and everything be difficult. It's also a vital battleground in the battle for 5th between France and Netherlands. Anything can happen.

Rangers, it might not be Slavia, but there is still bad blood between them, so eyes are drawn to the double header on MD3+4. Rangers get Betis at home first on MD1 with Sparta playing them away on MD2.

Liverpool's order doesn't matter too much I don't think, as I don't think there's a great deal of difference between the teams they have, and they should be strong favourites. That should also give a good chance they take points off each other, lowering the points requirement for Liverpool.
rickmankusso

Post by rickmankusso »

Lorric wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 17:04
Liverpool's order doesn't matter too much I don't think, as I don't think there's a great deal of difference between the teams they have, and they should be strong favourites. That should also give a good chance they take points off each other, lowering the points requirement for Liverpool.
Liverpool's order doesn't matter for Liverpool but I think USG will be happy. If the group goes as you'd expect, Liverpool will likely have won the group before MD6 (both by being better than everyone else and by everyone else being equally matched as you mention). 3 days after MD6, Liverpool are away at Man Utd hence there is a good chance USG could be playing a very weakened side which might make all the difference in such an equal group.
Lorric wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 17:04 Rangers, it might not be Slavia, but there is still bad blood between them, so eyes are drawn to the double header on MD3+4. Rangers get Betis at home first on MD1 with Sparta playing them away on MD2.
Similarly, I think Rangers can be happy with Betis away last. If Betis can win the group before MD6, they play Real Madrid and Real Sociedad either side of MD6 so may be inclined to rotate heavily against Rangers. Indeed, the last time Rangers played Sparta the exact same thing happened. Rangers and Sparta mirrored each others results until MD6 when Rangers went away to group winners Lyon. Rangers got a draw which meant they finished 1 point ahead, although if memory serves me right, Rangers would have won the tiebreaker with Sparta so it was irrelevant.
Korgutt

Post by Korgutt »

BK Häcken vs Bayer Leverkusen
Hisingen Arena with 6500 attendance.
Someone who can tell med why and not on Ullevi?
https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/m ... s-qarabag/
AnelZ

Post by AnelZ »

Because it is their home stadium?
Doživjeti možda neću da prođeš u finale
i da velikog Reala pobjediš na penale...
Korgutt

Post by Korgutt »

AnelZ wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 16:27 Because it is their home stadium?
Group Stage= minimum 8000 attendance. Except of Faroe Islands there it is no stadium with this size.
TrL

Post by TrL »

Korgutt wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 15:54 BK Häcken vs Bayer Leverkusen
Hisingen Arena with 6500 attendance.
Someone who can tell med why and not on Ullevi?
https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/m ... s-qarabag/
The match has now been confirmed at Ullevi.

Notable that TSC are still listed as playing at their home stadium which holds only 4500, so away allocations will be tiny for these fixtures.

Liverpool have been allocated 1355 tickets for MD1 in Linz, only £17 which is a pleasant surprise after the price of some Champions League fixtures in recent seasons.