Coefficient calculation principles 21/22 onwards?

including formats, draws, seedings, etc.
eye

Post by eye »

All clubs that have title points should appear at such lists no matter if they have played at competitions at last 10 years or not.Since eg Everton appears at the list despite using England's 20% the same way eg Nottignham Forrest should appear too. Only clubs that haven't a single own point should not be at such lists and consider them under country minimum points.
Fotcalc

Post by Fotcalc »

Alright. Thanks. But clubs that have less than their NAs 20% should not be on the list, right?

For example, Everton has less than 5.550 coeffficient points in the image below. Then there is no reason to list them, as they would have exactly the same coefficient as any other unkranked English cup (for example Sheffield United).

Also, when England's coefficient hit 8.000, there is no longer a reason to list Nottingham Forest. Do you agree?
eye

Post by eye »

Fotcalc wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 19:49 Alright. Thanks. But clubs that have less than their NAs 20% should not be on the list, right?

For example, Everton has less than 5.550 coeffficient points in the image below. Then there is no reason to list them, as they would have exactly the same coefficient as any other unkranked English cup (for example Sheffield United).

Also, when England's coefficient hit 8.000, there is no longer a reason to list Nottingham Forest. Do you agree?
At such lists there are 2 options

The first one is not leave out from the list the clubs that have less than 20% of country ranking so in your the example above Everton shouldn't be in the list. The second option is to include all clubs that have points even if these points are less than 20% of country ranking. The advantage of first option is that list is shorter and users need to scroll less when they are viewing the whole table. The advantage of the second option is that the list contains more details and user can also see how many points the clubs need to use their own points instead of the base ranking points of their country.

So anyone who creates such lists may choose which option is better for him and for the people that they see these lists if his lists are public. Personally in my spreadsheet I am following the second option at the club ranking. The 10 year ranking is similar to club ranking and has the exactly same calculation method just it is for longer period and also includes the title points which are a kind of bonus. Still the title points are standard and never expire. Therefor if you prefer the second option you have to include all the clubs that have title points also no matter if they got them 40-50 years ago and they are out of european competitions the last 10 years. For someone that keeps database for club rankings it is usually easy to create the 10 year ranking cause it only requires to add one more field to the database.
Fotcalc

Post by Fotcalc »

Well done on your answer. Detailed an clear.

There is however an issue I have with the second option you mention. If I am to include UNRANKED clubs with title points less than 20% of NA coefficient points, people may think those clubs will use less than 20% of the NA coefficient points. But that is impossible. Everton fans might be confused.
kassiesa
Site Admin

Post by kassiesa »

Fotcalc wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 15:31 @kassiesa
There something I don't understand. Why is for example Hamburger SV and Nottingham F. unranked on UEFA's 10-year ranking. They have title points, but is still unranked. What if their title points were like 40? What would happen if they suddenly joined the UCL group stage? This matters to their 10-year coefficient payment? (Very theoretical question).

The reason for why I ask, is because it makes more sense to me, to include all the clubs with title points in the 10-year ranking, even though they haven't participated in a looooong time.

Edit: Also, what if Real Madrid has a 10 year break from Europe. What would happen the season they come back :dontknow: ?
Yeah, you're right. The intention is to list all clubs with points. However, the implementation of the 10-year table is a quick adaption of the 5-year table. It will be fixed sometime.

(@kassiesa is not a fast way to reach me, I only use that account for hard-core maintenance to the forum. Most of the time I don't login to the forum, but when I do then I mainly use the bert.kassies account.)
Jua Ferreira

Post by Jua Ferreira »

kassiesa wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:50
(@kassiesa is not a fast way to reach me, I only use that account for hard-core maintenance to the forum. Most of the time I don't login to the forum, but when I do then I mainly use the bert.kassies account.)
Isn't two memberships a reason for a ban? :tongue:
kassiesa
Site Admin

Post by kassiesa »

:grin1:
Clockingbell

Post by Clockingbell »

Do you guys think that the 10-year list will be the only club ranking, probably from 2027 onwards? There's no need for the big clubs then, except for the money, which is based on the 10- year list.
Fotcalc

Post by Fotcalc »

I have no clue about that. I haven't heard an indication that states so. I doubt it will happen.