Best and Worst Games you have experienced

Anything football. NO POLITICS please.
MercedesBenz240

Post by MercedesBenz240 »

Best: Albania 2-1 Armenia 2015
We went from we're the worst team in the world after the first half to we're going to freaking France after full time
Honourable mention: Albania 1-0 Romania 2016

Worst: Must be dozens of mediocre 0-0 in the Albanian league through the years
Jackson Harrison

Post by Jackson Harrison »

Sagy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 23:49
Jackson Harrison wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 22:17
Sagy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 21:39

Used to be (at “U-“ levels), not anymore.
You ever officiated any International Tournaments?
No, not even close, nothing more than regional tournaments. It was never a profession, started as a way to make extra money in my late teens, after that it was just a hobby/something I did to stay part of the game.
In USA right?
AlanK
Location: Salem, Oregon and Barcelona, Spain; occasionally Lisboa

Post by AlanK »

One of the very best was Barça 4, Valencia 3 in overtime in the final of the Copa del Rey in the 1970-1971 season in the Bernabéu.

I try to forget the worst games, but a 0-0 tie between Atlético de Madrid and Espanyol back in the early 1970s in the Calderón comes to mind some 53 years later . . .
"Past performance is no guarantee of future results."
Sagy

Post by Sagy »

Jackson Harrison wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 09:46
Sagy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 23:49
Jackson Harrison wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 22:17

You ever officiated any International Tournaments?
No, not even close, nothing more than regional tournaments. It was never a profession, started as a way to make extra money in my late teens, after that it was just a hobby/something I did to stay part of the game.
In USA right?
Yes
Lyonnais

Post by Lyonnais »

In 1998 I had the chance to attend to France-Italy in quarters and France-Brazil in the Stade de France. Some great memories of course but I think that that the games that brought me more emotions were France-Italy in the Euro 2000 and France-England 2004.
France-Argentina 2018 was a good one as well.

As all football fans I however experienced more disappointments than these rare moments of happiness.
With the French team, the 2 semi finals lost to Germany in 1982 and 1986, France-Bulgaria 1993, France-Italy 2006, France-Portugal 2016 among other.

For the clubs i was in the stadium at Lyon for the CWC 1986 final Dynamo Kiev - Atletico. This Dynamo team was absolutely fantastic.

As far as OL is concerned , the first title in 2002. For those who don’t know the story Lyon was second and played the leader Lens in the last MD and we had to win to win our first title. Final score 3-1. I will remember this night all my life I think.
Among the worst memories let’s say PSV-OL in quarters of the 2005 CL. My beloved OL was truly strong at that period and we lost on penalties (1-1 both games). In the second leg at Eindhoven Nilmar (OL) was denied a rather clear penalty and this has become a joke in France (there was penalty on Nilmar!)
Don't forget to post your predictions for the new season
viewtopic.php?p=563580#p563580
Jackson Harrison

Lyonnais wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 19:39 In 1998 I had the chance to attend to France-Italy in quarters and France-Brazil in the Stade de France. Some great memories of course but I think that that the games that brought me more emotions were France-Italy in the Euro 2000 and France-England 2004.
France-Argentina 2018 was a good one as well.

As all football fans I however experienced more disappointments than these rare moments of happiness.
With the French team, the 2 semi finals lost to Germany in 1982 and 1986, France-Bulgaria 1993, France-Italy 2006, France-Portugal 2016 among other.

For the clubs i was in the stadium at Lyon for the CWC 1986 final Dynamo Kiev - Atletico. This Dynamo team was absolutely fantastic.

As far as OL is concerned , the first title in 2002. For those who don’t know the story Lyon was second and played the leader Lens in the last MD and we had to win to win our first title. Final score 3-1. I will remember this night all my life I think.
Among the worst memories let’s say PSV-OL in quarters of the 2005 CL. My beloved OL was truly strong at that period and we lost on penalties (1-1 both games). In the second leg at Eindhoven Nilmar (OL) was denied a rather clear penalty and this has become a joke in France (there was penalty on Nilmar!)
So you're from Lyon but live in Paris?

Did you get to see any games in the stadium at Euro 2016?
Lyonnais

Post by Lyonnais »

I have been living in Paris since .. 1993 (bet that you were not born, weren't you?) with some breaks in London and NY

and to reply to your question, no I have not attended any game in the stadium for the Euro 2016.

I'm trying to see one game per season at Lyon but that's not easy as the most interesting games are often played on Sunday evenings (and I'm working on Monday mornings!).
Let's see if OL can go the Cup final this season, but too bad, this season the final will not take place in Paris because of the Olympics. The location is not known yet but I presume that it will be Lille (Lille, Lyon and Marseille were on the short list and I can't imagine that say a PSG-OL can take place in Marseille).
Don't forget to post your predictions for the new season
viewtopic.php?p=563580#p563580
Jackson Harrison

Lyonnais wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:30 I have been living in Paris since .. 1993 (bet that you were not born, weren't you?) with some breaks in London and NY

and to reply to your question, no I have not attended any game in the stadium for the Euro 2016.

I'm trying to see one game per season at Lyon but that's not easy as the most interesting games are often played on Sunday evenings (and I'm working on Monday mornings!).
Let's see if OL can go the Cup final this season, but too bad, this season the final will not take place in Paris because of the Olympics. The location is not known yet but I presume that it will be Lille (Lille, Lyon and Marseille were on the short list and I can't imagine that say a PSG-OL can take place in Marseille).
No, I wasn’t!

Why can’t PSG-OL be in Marseille?
Renard207

Post by Renard207 »

I attended 4 games at WC 1998 including the final in Stade de France which was the best day of my life to see my country win the Coupe de Monde for the first time!

I attended 5 games at the Euro 2016 including the opening game and the final. The final wasn't such a happy moment for me this time :sad:

Beat game: WC 1998 final

Worst game: 2022 WC final (my 3rd World Cup final watchein stadium)