amenina

Post by amenina »

21:00 CET

matt

Post by matt »

Atalanta - OM (tonight)
Atalanta - Roma (Sunday)
Atalanta - Juventus (Wednesday in Rome)

Atalanta every three days have a decisive game. First the EL semifinal, then a direct clash for a Champions League spot against Roma, in which they have to avoid a loss, to end with the Italian cup final against Juve.
I wonder how Gasperini will deal with these consecutive season-defining matches.

They are playing every 3-4 days since a while, tiredness will play a role sooner or later. The risk to finish the season empty-handed is not low.
International break hater
Greyn

Post by Greyn »

For overwhelming majority of European clubs CL and CL money have a top priority. Maybe not to such an extend like for Tottenham, but let's be serious - money will be probably a decisive factor for Atalanta in terms of how to shuffle with the squad and tiredness.

My guess for how Atalanta will prioritize these matches is:

1. vs Roma
2. vs OM
3. vs Juve

Just my guessing. Maybe I am completely wrong here.
BurningStorm

Post by BurningStorm »

matt wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 11:05 Atalanta every three days have a decisive game. First the EL semifinal, then a direct clash for a Champions League spot against Roma, in which they have to avoid a loss, to end with the Italian cup final against Juve.
I wonder how Gasperini will deal with these consecutive season-defining matches.
For Leverkusen the German cup final is also tricky if they play the EL final (which should be the case after the 2-0 away, but you never know after watching Real). EL final on 22nd, cup final on 25th. The Kaiserslautern coach already said "this is our chance".
matt

Post by matt »

BurningStorm wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 11:31
matt wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 11:05 Atalanta every three days have a decisive game. First the EL semifinal, then a direct clash for a Champions League spot against Roma, in which they have to avoid a loss, to end with the Italian cup final against Juve.
For Leverkusen the German cup final is also tricky if they play the EL final (which should be the case after the 2-0 away, but you never know after watching Real). EL final on 22nd, cup final on 25th. The Kaiserslautern coach already said "this is our chance".
The Kaiserslautern coach must be an extremely optimistic person :grin1:
matt

Post by matt »

Greyn wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 11:27 For overwhelming majority of European clubs CL and CL money have a top priority. Maybe not to such an extend like for Tottenham, but let's be serious - money will be probably a decisive factor for Atalanta in terms of how to shuffle with the squad and tiredness.

1. vs Roma
2. vs OM
3. vs Juve

Well, so far Atalanta fielded some non-usual starters against Sporting in March but lately in the league, like against Empoli and Salernitana.
They have quite a deep squad though, they can afford to change 4/5 starters fairly easily.

I think Gasperini's priority is to win a cup after two finals lost, while maybe for the board the CL money might be the priority.
Tazmania

Post by Tazmania »

Greyn wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 11:27 For overwhelming majority of European clubs CL and CL money have a top priority. Maybe not to such an extend like for Tottenham, but let's be serious - money will be probably a decisive factor for Atalanta in terms of how to shuffle with the squad and tiredness.

1. vs Roma
2. vs OM
3. vs Juve

I think the exact opposite and they will prioritise the cup final, then the EL and then Serie A.
Greyn

Post by Greyn »

I honestly hope you are both right. Football should be about winning the trophies instead of cold financial calculations. Let's wait and see.
TommyChat

Post by TommyChat »

Will the Italian cup final still take place next week if Atalanta qualifies today?? And if yes what will happen with the league now that Fiorentina is in the ECL final? Will it end at June 2nd?
matt

Post by matt »

TommyChat wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 15:34 Will the Italian cup final still take place next week if Atalanta qualifies today?? And if yes what will happen with the league now that Fiorentina is in the ECL final? Will it end at June 2nd?

1) Yes.

2) Yes. 2/3 June
mspm89

Post by mspm89 »

matt wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 11:05 Atalanta - OM (tonight)
Atalanta - Roma (Sunday)

Atalanta every three days have a decisive game. First the EL semifinal, then a direct clash for a Champions League spot against Roma, in which they have to avoid a loss, to end with the Italian cup final against Juve.

They are playing every 3-4 days since a while, tiredness will play a role sooner or later. The risk to finish the season empty-handed is not low.
Atalanta fighting for their own "treble" of sorts: Coppa, UEL and CL qualification. Of course, the latter would be redundant if the 2nd one is won (which includes a better pot position).

It'd be a real shame if they indeed finish empty-handed.
matt

Post by matt »

matt wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 17:05
TommyChat wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 15:34 Will the Italian cup final still take place next week if Atalanta qualifies today?? And if yes what will happen with the league now that Fiorentina is in the ECL final? Will it end at June 2nd?

1) Yes.

2) Yes. 2/3 June
I mean only Atalanta - Fiorentina will be played during the first weekend of June. No talk of postponing the whole last matchday.
If OM qualify tonight that game can be played between matchday 37 and 38.
greenbay

Post by greenbay »

mspm89 wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 17:33
matt wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 11:05 Atalanta - OM (tonight)
Atalanta - Roma (Sunday)

Atalanta fighting for their own "treble" of sorts: Coppa, UEL and CL qualification. Of course, the latter would be redundant if the 2nd one is won (which includes a better pot position).

It'd be a real shame if they indeed finish empty-handed.
Pot Position is of no importance anymore. Every team plays two others from each pot regardless of their own pot.
"Put it in your signature to save you the trouble of writing it over and over again."
BurningStorm

Post by BurningStorm »

Alonso in the "el loco" mode again, resting Wirtz, Boniface, Schick and Andrich. I don't understand this guy, but his success speaks for him (even if it almost failed against Qarabag).
BurningStorm

Post by BurningStorm »

Atalanto 1-0

Leverkusen with a very strong performance again, three yellow cards for Roma already after players were too slow. It looks like Leverkusen need goals, not the opponent.

But as I write this the worst referee on the planet, Makkelie, gives a penalty from out of nowhere. Wow.