Controversial relegations

Anything football. NO POLITICS please.
Executor

Controversial relegations

Post by Executor »

I decided to create this topic here before the other forum is bombarded again with topics non-related to coefficients (or European issues in this case) :)

The shocking news is that Ferencvaros (most famous team in Hungary) has just been relegated because they didn't obtain license (financial reasons). This is almost similar to the case of Sportul and that's why I created this thread, to discuss this two facts.

About Sportul it's still unclear whether they'll play in 2nd League or not. And the 1st MD is scheduled in week-end!

So, any additional info about Ferencvaros?
skivaz

Post by skivaz »

i don't know if this is off topic or not... anyway... i should reverse the issue, what about the italian teams NOT RELEGATED as they should have? (i'm talking of Milan, Fiornetina and Lazio?) maybe in Italy we need some Hungarian justice... eheh!!!
Executor

Post by Executor »

Finally! :lol:

You know what surprised me A LOT? The fact that those 2 teams saved from relegation and AC Milan were the most enraged by the second decision! Even more than us :evil: !!! In their opinion even 1p deduction is outrageous! Was the evidence not so convicing? Because it's either a shameless behaviour or a hope that people were not entirely persueded by the prosecutors.

Considering that Genoa was punished for just one game.......this is just "pulling their ears".
pineapple stu

Post by pineapple stu »

If you want controversial relegations, wait for the end of the League of Ireland season! The FAI have (effectively) bullied clubs into voting for a new format in which they will hand-pick the clubs in the Premier next season on the basis of performance in the last five years (including this one), ground capacity, attendances, location and potential. So, in theory, you could win the league this season and be relegated. The general view is that UCD and Bray Wanderers - currently 8th and 10th - are likely to be relegated regardless of where they finish simply because they're small clubs.
Executor

Post by Executor »

The FAI have (effectively) bullied clubs into voting for a new format in which they will hand-pick the clubs in the Premier next season on the basis of performance in the last five years (including this one), ground capacity, attendances, location and potential.
Sorry to hear that :evil: . Anyway, I'll be extremely curious to see how they will assess potential!!!
sr_sofisticacao

Post by sr_sofisticacao »

In Portugal we are having lots of fun with a relegation theme. This year the league will only have 16 teams for the first time in years. So last year, instead of having 3 teams promoted and 3 demoted, we got 2 promoted and 4 demoted.
So what happened was that the Belenenses was 15th, so it got relegated. But one of the clubs above, Gil Vicente, used a civil court in order to use a player. According to league rules, this is ilegal and the so Gil Vicente was automatically demoted. Or so it seemed. There was a lot of theatre around this (as one of the commitee that decided who was right was the son of a board member of Gil Vicente and first he didn't want to vote, but then is father resigned and he voted - seriously deranged and third world crap!). Now, they finally settled that Gil Vicente should go down, but the rules are void regarding who should play in the first league. Should it be the best placed club demoted from the 1st league (Belenenses) or the best non promoted of the second league (3rd placed Leixoes)?
Funny, isn't it?