Tennis

Anything football. NO POLITICS please.
bugylibicska

Post by bugylibicska »

rpo.castro wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 09:42
Polak wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 13:54 Blasphemy aside I agree with mspm. Svitolina's attitude isn't nice, and the idea of her not shaking hands of players from certain countries is absurd. Unless they openly say they support what Putin is doing in Ukraine, which as far as I know, they are not doing, why would she do that?

It was also absurd that Wimbledon fans booed Azarenka for not shaking her hand. They should have booed Svitolina.
Anyone has the right to shake hands or not to. Its her decision. Her country is at war. Its more than understandable her reaction. Would you shake hands with a german guy during WWII because he might not agree with Hitler. Put on her shoes.

About the crowd they were just stupid. It wouldn't have surprised me in US because they are stuck up on themselves and don't know there is more world beside their borders.
Not the one to jump to defend the Yanks, but I don't see much difference between the alternative facts BBC feed to the English or Fox News to the Americans. They're a vassal state to the US, just like Canada.
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

bugylibicska wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 21:59
rpo.castro wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 09:42
Polak wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 13:54 Blasphemy aside I agree with mspm. Svitolina's attitude isn't nice, and the idea of her not shaking hands of players from certain countries is absurd. Unless they openly say they support what Putin is doing in Ukraine, which as far as I know, they are not doing, why would she do that?

It was also absurd that Wimbledon fans booed Azarenka for not shaking her hand. They should have booed Svitolina.
Anyone has the right to shake hands or not to. Its her decision. Her country is at war. Its more than understandable her reaction. Would you shake hands with a german guy during WWII because he might not agree with Hitler. Put on her shoes.

About the crowd they were just stupid. It wouldn't have surprised me in US because they are stuck up on themselves and don't know there is more world beside their borders.
Not the one to jump to defend the Yanks, but I don't see much difference between the alternative facts BBC feed to the English or Fox News to the Americans. They're a vassal state to the US, just like Canada.
American ignorance about the rest of the World is especially well known.
anty1975

Post by anty1975 »

I don't understand, why suffer in a "vassal state" when you can easily immigrate to Russia https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6z_oty ... =maxkite13 :grin1: Or you can always return to Hungary, you ll immediately feel at home in more than one way as your views and views of Hungarian dictator Viktor Orbán are very similar.
bugylibicska

Post by bugylibicska »

anty1975 wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 22:54

I don't understand, why suffer in a "vassal state" when you can easily immigrate to Russia https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6z_oty ... =maxkite13 :grin1: Or you can always return to Hungary, you ll immediately feel at home in more than one way as your views and views of Hungarian dictator Viktor Orbán are very similar.
Nobody takes you seriously. Desperate noise from the gulag.
Ricardo

Post by Ricardo »

@Lorric, don't forget Koolhof was there too. Great win.

And ofcourse we should shake hands with people representing the organisation(country) that is trying to kill you and your family. They represent the country that say your country can not exist, that you can not exist, that you are nazi's. If you think this is just sport and the players should not be involved in politics, then think again. In Ukraine a lot of people are dying, Svitolina probably knows some of them personally. The Russians I don't know, the elite Moscowians are ofcourse spared, only the poor peasants are the ones getting killed. Let them know this invasion / war is not a nice thing, let them think about it.

If the chairman of Real Madrid would say such things, no team would play against them.
anty1975

Post by anty1975 »

Ricardo wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 23:26 @Lorric, don't forget Koolhof was there too. Great win.

And ofcourse we should shake hands with people representing the organisation(country) that is trying to kill you and your family. They represent the country that say your country can not exist, that you can not exist, that you are nazi's. If you think this is just sport and the players should not be involved in politics, then think again. In Ukraine a lot of people are dying, Svitolina probably knows some of them personally. The Russians I don't know, the elite Moscowians are ofcourse spared, only the poor peasants are the ones getting killed. Let them know this invasion / war is not a nice thing, let them think about it.

If the chairman of Real Madrid would say such things, no team would play against them.
:applause: Those "no politics in sport" views just play into the hands of Putin's propaganda that is desperately trying to show that life goes on as usual.
anty1975

Post by anty1975 »

As usual ref is afraid to punish Djokovic for 25 seconds rule violation. Its 30-35 seconds every f*cking time
ultra2013

Post by ultra2013 »

Vintage tennis in this Alcaraz - Djokovic. I was missing these type gladiators clashes since the old times matches between the Big 3. Alcaraz technique is exquisite and nice that he can cope with Novak. It's the worthy N1 of tennis since the Big 3.
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

Alcaraz finally breaks Djokovic in a mammoth game with as many points as the entire first set! :o
anty1975

Post by anty1975 »

Yeah, great match and Carlitos is a very deserved winner, Djokovic's tricks today didn't work :grin1: . Carlitos will dominate this game for years to come, has every chance to break all Djokovic's records
Jackson Harrison

Post by Jackson Harrison »

What a match! Credit to the guys for keeping going for the best part of 5 hours! Some mammoth serves there from Alcaraz!
Last edited by Jackson Harrison on Sun Jul 16, 2023 20:20, edited 1 time in total.
Jackson Harrison

Post by Jackson Harrison »

Lorric wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 18:02 Alcaraz finally breaks Djokovic in a mammoth game with as many points as the entire first set! :o
Djokovic certainly didn't go down without a fight! Thought he was going to turn it around at one stage!
Ricardo

Post by Ricardo »

Thank you Carlos!
I might dislike you in the (naar) future,for the person you are, don’t Know yet enough of you. But this have you done right, beating this Novak, a pity you had too much respect in Paris.
Let’s hope another great player will rise of the same generation and we can have >10 years of great finals
anty1975

Post by anty1975 »

Ricardo wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 00:04 Thank you Carlos!
I might dislike you in the (naar) future,for the person you are, don’t Know yet enough of you. But this have you done right, beating this Novak, a pity you had too much respect in Paris.
Let’s hope another great player will rise of the same generation and we can have >10 years of great finals
He got cramps in Paris, sh*t happens. Without cramps I think he would have won in Paris too.
mspm89

Post by mspm89 »

Congrats to Alcaraz for beating Novak fair and square!

Still a long way to go to reach the GOAT's heights, the records are Djoković's for years to come, so his haters can seethe all they want. :degsmile: