CL MD 6

Champions League, Europa League, Conference League
bugylibicska

CL MD 6

Post by bugylibicska »

The last round and last match day of the season. I`ve 5 choices on Tuesday, but my most desired game Wolfsburg - MU is not among them. Oh well, I`ll watch CSKA in Eindhoven, though I`ve no high hopes, still one never knows. A win for CSKA would mean EL in the spring and Russia`s chances seriously revitalized in the ranking race. If PSV win my Dutch son-in-law will celebrate and either MU or Wolfsburg are out! Too bad Shakhtar already out, would be nice from them at least to put up a good fight in Paris vs. PSG and in the spring in the EL, too, bar a Malmo miracle in Madrid. The 1st spot is at stake in Lisbon between Benfica - Atletico Madrid and the home team having the upper hand, needing only a draw. Last chance for Astana, though I can`t see them winning in Istanbul and pipping Galatasaray for the EL spot. I`d cheer for Sevilla, but if Juventus lose Man City could pass them, so I want a draw. Too bad Gladbach go into Manchester without a chance, this could have been a hell of a game otherwise. The high expectations from this group of death never materialized, mainly because of some bad luck and overall disappointment suffered and caused by Sevilla and partly Gladbach.
On Wednesday my choice is Olympiakos - Arsenal, but there`re some other games with equal importance and almost as much promising excitement. Chelsea - Porto is one and for me Dynamo Kyiv - Maccabi TA another. I don`t buy into easy wins, but very much hope Dynamo won`t trip up, any win is good, just scrape through, please! (I`ve the chance to watch the Chelsea game later from tape delay.) Leverkusen - Barcelona also might be a great encounter, though even a win for the Germans seems not to be enough, unless BATE causing another shock result in Rome. I`m curious how Zenit will approach their game in Gent, nothing to play for, but to maintain a 100% record, fight for Russia`s ranking and remember fair play for Valencia.
JPV

Post by JPV »

bugylibicska wrote:I`m curious how Zenit will approach their game in Gent, nothing to play for, but to maintain a 100% record, fight for Russia`s ranking and remember fair play for Valencia.
Hulk wouldn't play because he fears a yellow card suspension in CL 1/8.
bugylibicska

Post by bugylibicska »

JPV wrote:
bugylibicska wrote:I`m curious how Zenit will approach their game in Gent, nothing to play for, but to maintain a 100% record, fight for Russia`s ranking and remember fair play for Valencia.
Hulk wouldn't play because he fears a yellow card suspension in CL 1/8.
He probably on holiday already preparing for the carnival in Rio. He missed their last game in the league, too.
Overgame

Post by Overgame »

Group A :
Madrid and PSG are qualified, but I still expect 2 easy wins.
Group B :
Tricky as hell ! I would be surprised if PSV or Wolfsburg loses, both seems to be good at home. If I'm not wrong, United can only qualify if they don't lose and PSV doesn't win. I'd go for a win for PSv and a draw in the second game.
Group C :
Atlético lost, at home, against Benfica, but I wouldn't be surprised if they an overturn this and win the group. Galatasaray should win.
Group D :
Juventus needs a draw to win the group, but Sevilla needs a win to stay alive (if Gladbach doesn't win in England). Hmm, 2 draws ?
Group E :
Roma is qualified with a win, and I don't believe that they will throw away everything against BATE, at home. So Leverkusen - Barcelona is pointless, but this Barcelona should be able to win this game.
Group F :
Bayern should win, without a doubt. Now, Olympiacos - Arsenal is like a round of 32, Olympiacos has won the first leg 2-3, can they keep this advantage ? I'd bet for a win of Arsenal, but not enough to qualify.
Group G :
Kiev did the hardest and they should win against the dead last Maccabi. this leaves only one possibility to Porto : win in England, and even this bad chelsea shouldn't lose, isn't it ? I'd bet in a win for Chelsea.
Group H :
Valencia should win without problem, the only question is : can Gent overcome the pressure and win against Zenit ? I don't think so, and I was wrong about Gent in the last 2 games.
AlanK
Location: Salem, Oregon and Barcelona, Spain; occasionally Lisboa

Post by AlanK »

Barça-Bayer L.: Barça leaves Piqué and Iniesta behind to rest; Alves is suspended; Mathieu and Sergi Roberto are injured. Luis Enrique can't afford to have anybody injured before the CWC; how will this play out in conflict with the desire of Messi-Suárez-Neymar to play this game :?:

Valencia-Lyon Valencia is looking at this as their most important game of the year. The 1-1 with Barça has the team back in the fans' good graces.

Real Madrid-Malmo Real still has a lot of egg to get off their collective face after expulsion from the Copa del Rey. Look for a goalfest.

Benfica-Atleti Atleti is playing great defense; is very unlikely to lose this game, which the Cholo is taking very seriously (no surprise :wink: ). Atleti to win or tie--their scoring has not been prolific of late, with last eight in the league ending 1-1, 2-0, 2-1, 1-1, 1-0, 1-0, 1-0, and 2-0--six wins, two ties; 11 scored, three conceded.

Sevilla-Juve Is Sevilla up to a win against a Juve which will want to top the group :?: Not based on current form, but playing in the Sánchez Pizjuán they've got a chance. And they won't be looking ahead to Saturday's game at home to Sporting Gijón.
"Past performance is no guarantee of future results."
bugylibicska

Post by bugylibicska »

Overgame wrote:Group A :
Madrid and PSG are qualified, but I still expect 2 easy wins.
Group B :
Tricky as hell ! I would be surprised if PSV or Wolfsburg loses, both seems to be good at home. If I'm not wrong, United can only qualify if they don't lose and PSV doesn't win. I'd go for a win for PSv and a draw in the second game.
Group C :
Atlético lost, at home, against Benfica, but I wouldn't be surprised if they an overturn this and win the group. Galatasaray should win.
Group D :
Juventus needs a draw to win the group, but Sevilla needs a win to stay alive (if Gladbach doesn't win in England). Hmm, 2 draws ?
Group E :
Roma is qualified with a win, and I don't believe that they will throw away everything against BATE, at home. So Leverkusen - Barcelona is pointless, but this Barcelona should be able to win this game.
Group F :
Bayern should win, without a doubt. Now, Olympiacos - Arsenal is like a round of 32, Olympiacos has won the first leg 2-3, can they keep this advantage ? I'd bet for a win of Arsenal, but not enough to qualify.
Group G :
Kiev did the hardest and they should win against the dead last Maccabi. this leaves only one possibility to Porto : win in England, and even this bad chelsea shouldn't lose, isn't it ? I'd bet in a win for Chelsea.
Group H :
Valencia should win without problem, the only question is : can Gent overcome the pressure and win against Zenit ? I don't think so, and I was wrong about Gent in the last 2 games.
If I'm not wrong, United can only qualify if they don't lose and PSV doesn't win. I'd go for a win for PSv and a draw in the second game.

MU still qualify with a loss if CSKA win in Eindhoven! Knowing van Gaal`s luck this scenario is not out of the question! :roll:
Aidann

Post by Aidann »

Arsenal, Porto, Valencia and Man United seem to be bound to play in the Europa League KO stage.

Code: Select all

Sevilla (2.51)           Draw (3.4)   Juventus (3.05)       
Wolfsburg (2.38)         Draw (3.5)   Man Utd (3.3)         
Gent (2.38)              Draw (3.64)  Zenit (3.3)           
Benfica (3.6)            Draw (3.32)  Atletico Madrid (2.3) 
Olympiakos (3.7)         Draw (3.8)   Arsenal (2.1)         
Chelsea (2.01)           Draw (3.55)  Porto (4.2)           
Bayer Leverkusen (4)     Draw (4.1)   Barcelona (1.95)      
PSV (1.83)               Draw (4.1)   CSKA Moscow (4.75)    

Code: Select all

Man City (1.7)           Draw (4.34)  Monchengladbach (5.2) 
Galatasaray (1.57)       Draw (4.55)  FC Astana (7)         
Valencia (1.5)           Draw (4.9)   Lyon (8.5)            
PSG (1.45)               Draw (5.25)  Shakhtar Donetsk (8)  
Din Zagreb (12)          Draw (6)     Bayern Munich (1.33)  
Roma (1.33)              Draw (6)     BATE Borisov (12)     
Dynamo Kiev (1.18)       Draw (8.5)   Maccabi Tel Aviv (22) 
Real Madrid (1.1)        Draw (13)    Malmo FF (34)         
greenbay

Post by greenbay »

Overgame wrote:Now, Olympiacos - Arsenal is like a round of 32, Olympiacos has won the first leg 2-3, can they keep this advantage ?
I wonder if they will have extra time if Arsenal win 3-2. :mrgreen:
"Put it in your signature to save you the trouble of writing it over and over again."
Rooster91

Post by Rooster91 »

The most crusial games tonight, in my opinion, will be played in Eindhoven and in Wolfsburg. Can't choose which one to watch. I'm sure that PSV is going to give their everything to win this game and pass, but I don't know if CSKA will. They might give up the chance to play in EL play-offs and concentrate on winning the league. Lately their form in russian league proved that they are not ready physically to play on two fronts.
Wolfsburg and United both need a win and that will be a tough clash. Will we see attacking football from both sides?
Ricardo

Post by Ricardo »

CSKA has at home 35% of ball posession, in Eindhoven it will be even less. With some quick counters they are very dangerous. If they are mentally going for it, they will win this, like they did first half vs. PSV. If they sit back a little bit, like they did the second half, PSV has a chance to win it. I don't know what the opinion is in CSKA, will they fight for EL, or are they waiting for next years CL to try again? PSV will not attack and go for it, no matter what, they can control themselves, as they have proven before. I'm afraid this will be a very mid-field game with lots of possesion for PSV, very few chances for PSV (especially without Arias and Lestienne) and some scary counters by CSKA. 0-0?
Wolfsburg and ManU both also base on a solid defense. no attack if defense is not well organised (they shout 'attack, attack' in Manchester, don't they?). A loss means for both no CL, as they will count on a PSV win. So also here I expect a very midfield game, not losing is for the forst 75 minutes much more important as winning, but neither has this counter like CSKA... Another 0-0?
I fear 2 high tension but further boring games....
And still I'll watch PSV :)
Michael S Collins

Post by Michael S Collins »

A) I expect PSG and Real to win again.
B) Man U might get a draw in Germany, but I expect CSKA to do them and themselves a favour.
C) Galatasaray should get at least a draw to get into the EL. Benfica will win at home.
D) Sevilla will win, needing Gladbach to get a win in Manchester - they might but I wouldn't count on it.
E) Barcelona win, Roma draw.
F) Arsenal get their needed victory. Bayern win again.
G) Kiev win. Chelsea get the draw needed to qualify.
H) Valencia win. Gent lose to Zenit.
bugylibicska

Post by bugylibicska »

Michael S Collins wrote:A) I expect PSG and Real to win again.
B) Man U might get a draw in Germany, but I expect CSKA to do them and themselves a favour.
C) Galatasaray should get at least a draw to get into the EL. Benfica will win at home.
D) Sevilla will win, needing Gladbach to get a win in Manchester - they might but I wouldn't count on it.
E) Barcelona win, Roma draw.
F) Arsenal get their needed victory. Bayern win again.
G) Kiev win. Chelsea get the draw needed to qualify.
H) Valencia win. Gent lose to Zenit.
I liked much better when you`ve predicted losses to the Eastern teams. Now I`m getting nervous. :twisted:
Malko

Post by Malko »

so i hope :
wins of PSG, Eindhoven and Atletico
Michael S Collins

Post by Michael S Collins »

Hey, if Kiev can't win at home against an 0-0-5 team when they know a win will see them in the last 16 regardless... then they don't really have any business being in the last 16.

I'd like to see Gent, Kiev, in the last 16.
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Come on PSV and Wolfsburg.