What other sports do you follow?

Anything football. NO POLITICS please.
Les_Canaris

What other sports do you follow?

Post by Les_Canaris »

Simple question what other sports do you watch? Do you watch it more importantly than Football?

For me I watch

American Football - This is probably my 2nd Sport behind Football, I don't support one team. I hate New England and support anyone who plays them :lol:.

Basketball - not as much as football, NBA is boring to me until the last four of the playoffs, Euro League is okay but i only watch when it comes to the last 8 or so.

Rugby - I only really watch France national matches and the Top 14 playoffs and European Cup when it comes to the knockout Rounds.

Tennis - I only really watch the Major tournaments and follow the news headlines on other tournaments.
Kutuz_off

Post by Kutuz_off »

Uh, too many. Football is currently top though.

NBA, NHL, NFL and MLB I watch mostly during playoffs. Too many games to follow otherwise. Golf is great during Ryder Cup and the Masters. Other majors too, if convenient. Lots of indoor volleyball, both men's and women's. Final stages of Champions Leagues for both are going on now. Watching the final of men's secondary european cup between an Italian and a French club as I type this. Tennis majors as well, and some other ATP events.

Favorite sports to watch during summer Olympics are badminton, indoor volleyball and swimming. In winter Olympics it's biathlon.

I have a spreadsheet where I track historical performances in about 60 competitions in various sports. I may have a problem:)
Les_Canaris

Post by Les_Canaris »

Maybe, only spreadsheets i keep are for French leagues down to DH (6 level), and top scorer in each league.
Firnen

Post by Firnen »

Basketball (Euroleague) and Tennis, mainly the Grand Slams.
bugylibicska

Post by bugylibicska »

In my youth I`ve followed almost every sport, but after chess that i`ve played semi-professionally, football was always No.1. I especially liked athletics (track and fields). Now, I follow only football (soccer) closely, but enjoy watching occasionally boxing, cage fighting (MMA), rugby (only the WC).
bugylibicska

Post by bugylibicska »

Last time I`ve watched the NHL in the 80`s when Wayne Gretzky ruled the hockey world with his team the Edmonton Oilers. Other notables were Mark Messier, the 2 Finns Kurri, Tikkanen etc. After Gretzky was sold to the LA Kings I quit watching ice hockey, I mean the NHL, because I`ve watched some Olympics and WCs. Today I`ve watched a few minutes on ``Hockey Night in Canada``. 5 Canadian teams made the playoffs and 4 of them won in this round. Amazing result if you consider that last year no Canadian team made the playoffs from the 7 we have. And from these 5 teams 4 are leading 2:1 in their best of seven series. Only Calgary trailing the Anaheim Ducks 0:2, and they just entered into OT with a result of 4:4 in their 3rd game. If both the Edmonton Oilers and the Calgary Flames would advance they`ll meet in the next round. Last time I remember it happened more than 10 years ago and that was quite a spectacle. My city split between these two teams, cities and every car proudly proclaimed their allegiance with the flags flying through the windows.
P.S. A pity Calgary lost - again - in OT 5:4 after leading 4:1, so the ptobability to have another Alberta derby shrank to almost zero as Anaheim need only 1 more win to advance.
Dabo

Post by Dabo »

Football - support Saint Etienne, France and Senegal.... I have Senegalese herritage from my dad side of my family.

Motorsport - Mostly rally racing but also enjoy German DTM serie and F1 but not as big fan too many rules have made it more boring for my taste.

And I play golf for a hobby so I like to play it but not follow unless it's important tournament.
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

I've been wondering if others are interested in other sports. I'm trying to branch out lately. I made two threads recently and they did get a decent view count but they only contained posts from me. I do accept they weren't great in terms of number of members from nations involved in the competitions. I do remember the Olympic thread was a hive of activity, so there is an appetite for sport beyond football here.
SirHenri

Post by SirHenri »

tennis, basketball, handball, ice hockey, hockey, table tennis, badminton, snooker, volleyball, darts
subway14

Post by subway14 »

biathlon
BurningStorm

Post by BurningStorm »

Formula 1, Tennis, Basketball, Ice Hockey, MMA/UFC, Boxing, some Wrestling.
AnelZ

Post by AnelZ »

Nothing on a scale of football but I do follow a bit basketball, handball and futsal.
Doživjeti možda neću da prođeš u finale
i da velikog Reala pobjediš na penale...
Oldelpaso

Post by Oldelpaso »

Football is far, far ahead of anything else, but I enjoy sport in general. I'd happily try watching any sport live once.

Ice hockey would probably be my second favourite. Unfortunately the team I follow (Manchester Phoenix) recently folded. Ice hockey teams in the UK are constantly hitting financial or organisational problems. I used to go regularly about 10 years ago, but then the two friends I went with most often both moved away and I stopped going. Watch the NHL on TV, but only passively due to the time difference.

I have an interest in road running since its something I participate in, and I've competed in some track events at a very very low level, but that interest is more doing than watching, outside of watching major championships.

Cricket I go to watch maybe once a year, but don't follow closely.

Boxing - take an interest in the major title fights, more active interest when its a local favourite such as Crolla or Quigg (or Hatton before he retired).

The two sports I simply cannot get into are basketball and rugby (either code).
No to Superleague
belfastisblue

Post by belfastisblue »

Would also watch in no particular order cricket, tennis, american football, rugby union, baseball, basketball, rugby league, gaelic football, triathlon and the olympics and winter olympics when on
Gorandinho

Post by Gorandinho »

Cycling