What other sports do you follow?

Anything football. NO POLITICS please.
bugylibicska

Post by bugylibicska »

Mar.2. Riyadh, Saudi Arabia: Rozenstruik - Gaziev - poor card

The venue changed from Saudi Arabia to Las Vegas, Rozenstruik beat Gaziev by KO/TKO in the 4th round.
Ricardo

Post by Ricardo »

It promises to be another boring season regarding who will be the F1 champion. Other places seem interesting. Again.
Sainz need to prove himself to get a seat next season? And it will certainly be not played for the team. Ferrari seems good.
Mercedes has their moments too. Lewis need to get himself motivated, which will be hard if he leaves after the the season, so if he doesn’t get better as Russel soon, he will be not get it back.
McLaren and Ashton Martin did a step back, I hope they will get back in the fight soon…
rpo.castro

Post by rpo.castro »

I doubt Aston Martin can do more than its doing. We saw McLaren, they sure can. I think its normal they being back at start because they are a smaller team, but this season the gap is way smaller. Toro Rosso (I won't call them Racing bulls bla bla) way in the back. Seems having a copy of 2023 red bull is not such gamechanger. Alpine: they are completely lost. Disastrous start in both F1 and WEC.
seso

Post by seso »

I thought this was interesting:

The most popular sports in Azerbaijan are combat sports, then chess and then football!
bugylibicska

Post by bugylibicska »

seso wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 13:30 I thought this was interesting:

The most popular sports in Azerbaijan are combat sports, then chess and then football!
Combat sports are very popular in all the Caucasian countries and Russia(Dagestan, Chechnya etc.). Just a few names: Nurmagomedov, Makhachev, Chimaev, Topuria, Dvalishvili etc. Chess, too. Kasparov was born in Baku, father Jewish(Weinstein) mother Armenian(Kasparov). Among women the Georgians were the best until the Polgar sisters came. Gaprindashvili, Chiburdanidze, Joseliani, Gurieli all world class. Football needs no explanation.
seso

Post by seso »

bugylibicska wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 14:54 Combat sports are very popular in all the Caucasian countries and Russia(Dagestan, Chechnya etc.). Just a few names: Nurmagomedov, Makhachev, Chimaev, Topuria, Dvalishvili etc.
I'm pretty sure this is related to the genes and characteristics of the Northeast Caucasian people.
bugylibicska

Post by bugylibicska »

seso wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 15:04
bugylibicska wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 14:54 Combat sports are very popular in all the Caucasian countries and Russia(Dagestan, Chechnya etc.). Just a few names: Nurmagomedov, Makhachev, Chimaev, Topuria, Dvalishvili etc.
I'm pretty sure this is related to the genes and characteristics of the Northeast Caucasian people.
Yeah, the males look like MEN there. :D
rpo.castro

Post by rpo.castro »

Oliver Bearman called to replaced Carlos Sainz at the 11th our due to appendicitis.
He almost beated Hamilton in last spot in Q3. Will start in P11 tomorrow.
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

The last time England and Ireland U20 met was at the U20 Rugby World Cup, where they drew 34-34. Here, after an epic match, they drew 32-32, so the U20 Six Nations title will be settled next week.

It was gutting, England scored a try with 3 minutes on the clock, to move from 25-25 to not just the lead, but the bonus point meant England would win the U20 Six Nations outright if they could hold it. Despite scoring the try right at the edge, our kicker delivered a mighty and what would turn out to be vital kick between the posts for 32-25. They'd also been brave to kick a penalty out instead of going for the easy 3 earlier. Ireland came on hard, the time ran out and then the whistle went and England thought they'd won, the commentators thought they'd won, the crowd thought they'd won with people coming onto the pitch, and obviously I thought they'd won. But it was a penalty to Ireland. They came on again, we couldn't stop them and they scored through the middle and hit the easy conversion for 32-32.
Firnen

Post by Firnen »

rpo.castro wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 18:57 Oliver Bearman called to replaced Carlos Sainz at the 11th our due to appendicitis.
Everyone I know who watches F1 is cheering for Ollie tomorrow, something new and unpredictable happenning in a season that looks to be again boring with Red Bull so much ahead.
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

Firnen wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 23:26
rpo.castro wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 18:57 Oliver Bearman called to replaced Carlos Sainz at the 11th our due to appendicitis.
Everyone I know who watches F1 is cheering for Ollie tomorrow, something new and unpredictable happenning in a season that looks to be again boring with Red Bull so much ahead.
Certainly interested in how he will do in the race. New Brit on the block! Even if it's only one race.
bugylibicska

Post by bugylibicska »

Italy beat Scotland 31:29 in the 6 nations, big surprise, the Scots were cruising, but the Italians doggedly chipped away from their big lead and in the 2nd half they've outplayed, outfought them. Bravo! :up:
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

bugylibicska wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 17:13 Italy beat Scotland 31:29 in the 6 nations, big surprise, the Scots were cruising, but the Italians doggedly chipped away from their big lead and in the 2nd half they've outplayed, outfought them. Bravo! :up:
Guess our win over Italy was worth more than I thought. They ran us close, drew with France, beat Scotland. Ireland crushed them though, and I fear they're about to do the same to us...
bugylibicska

Post by bugylibicska »

Lorric wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 17:17
bugylibicska wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 17:13 Italy beat Scotland 31:29 in the 6 nations, big surprise, the Scots were cruising, but the Italians doggedly chipped away from their big lead and in the 2nd half they've outplayed, outfought them. Bravo! :up:
Guess our win over Italy was worth more than I thought. They ran us close, drew with France, beat Scotland. Ireland crushed them though, and I fear they're about to do the same to us...
Probably. If Ireland win they're 1st already before the last round!
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

bugylibicska wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 17:49
Lorric wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 17:17
Probably. If Ireland win they're 1st already before the last round!
We won! We actually won! Despite poor kicking! :lol: :o :applause: :banana: :bouncy: :clapping: :mol:

23-22 with the drop goal after the 80! :D
Last edited by Lorric on Sat Mar 09, 2024 19:39, edited 1 time in total.