UEFA New Access List

including formats, draws, seedings, etc.
vkgz

UEFA New Access List

Post by vkgz »

2021 Access List..

christoph2136

Post by christoph2136 »

Great! Thx :)
dnina10

Post by dnina10 »

Hey everyone. The link attached to this post will take you to an excel spreadsheet with a sample of what the seeding in 2021-22 would look like across the UEFA competitions. Before you read it, I would like to point out a few things that I did:

1. I used the top ranked sides from each association, ranking them 1 through 4 (or 5, 6, or 7, depending on association) based on their UEFA ranking from their respective associations.

2. Of course, as we always do when setting up the seeding projections for the following seasons, I assumed that the seeded teams would all qualify.

3. I left the CL winner, EL winner, and EL2 winner spots blank. In 2021-22, there will be a vacant spot in the Europa League group stage for the EL2 winner (because there would not have been an EL2 competition in 2020-21). Which team will take that vacant spot in the EL group stage in that season is to be determined. Furthermore, I assumed that the EL2 winner would be in pot 1 of EL group stage.

4. I also assumed that the CL winner and EL winner did not qualify for European competition based on their domestic league rankings in 2020-21 (of course, it is highly likely that both teams would have qualified for one of the competitions based on their league position). We currently do not know the alterations to EL2 should the CL winner, EL winner and EL2 winner qualify for a particular competition via league position (though we can always put out our predictions).

5. The rankings I used came from UEFA.com's version as of 29 November 2018, 11:21CET. In case of clubs having the same ranking, I simply used the same rules UEfA use in such a scenario. Also, the national ranking that is used was the one for this season's competition.

6. Lastly, I colour coded each team under the 'Teams' tab based on which competition they would be starting in, using the same colours UEFA used in the pdf for the access list. Blue is for CL, orange is for EL, and green is for EL2.

Enjoy :bouncy:

https://1drv.ms/x/s!Av5EGqq140H7hX-bOVYwdH2pr2hD
De Republiek

Post by De Republiek »

Nice work, it looks like the EL2 qualifying path is a lot softer now with the seeding line in a more normal position in terms of club points.
og2002gr

Post by og2002gr »

Impressive work dnina!
Really interesting .. even if you didn't include my team
Last edited by og2002gr on Wed Dec 12, 2018 13:22, edited 1 time in total.
fewer spots :arrow: weaker leagues :arrow: fewer spots :arrow: weaker leagues :arrow: fewer spots :arrow: weaker leagues

http://kassiesa.net/uefa/forum2/viewtop ... 52#p359852
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

Thank you dnina10. :smile1:
dnina10

Post by dnina10 »

og2002gr wrote:Impressive work dnina!
Thanks for reminding me actually og2002gr. I excluded Skenderbeu and Panathinaikos as the former is banned for a decade, while the latter is also banned, but I didn't remember for how long (I think it's two years, could be wrong).
og2002gr

Post by og2002gr »

dnina10 wrote:
Thanks for reminding me actually og2002gr. I excluded Skenderbeu and Panathinaikos as the former is banned for a decade, while the latter is also banned, but I didn't remember for how long (I think it's two years, could be wrong).
It was a 3 seasons ban.
I hope Panathinaikos will return in European Cups in this brand new competition.
Unless a miracle happens and UEFA erases the ban his season.
fewer spots :arrow: weaker leagues :arrow: fewer spots :arrow: weaker leagues :arrow: fewer spots :arrow: weaker leagues

dnina10

Post by dnina10 »

og2002gr wrote:
dnina10 wrote:
It was a 3 seasons ban.
I hope Panathinaikos will return in European Cups in this brand new competition.
Unless a miracle happens and UEFA erases the ban his season.
I hope they do, even if I do prefer Olympiakos Piraeus :lol:
nogomet

Post by nogomet »

There can be some really soft groups in EL2. For example:

BATE
Malmö
Molde
Dundalk
Park

Post by Park »

Thanks! Interesting to see how many Champions there will be/can be in EL en EL2.
krdel

Post by krdel »

35 altogether I think.

For me it is interesting how it is not much easier to qualify for EL2 than it was for EL1. In PO Rijeka is just above the line, while last season they were just below.
UEFA - We care about money. Pravda za Kolubaru!
elkjiaer is back

Post by elkjiaer is back »

dnina10 wrote:Hey everyone. The link attached to this post will take you to an excel spreadsheet with a sample of what the seeding in 2021-22 would look like across the UEFA competitions. Before you read it, I would like to point out a few things that I did:

1. I used the top ranked sides from each association, ranking them 1 through 4 (or 5, 6, or 7, depending on association) based on their UEFA ranking from their respective associations.

2. Of course, as we always do when setting up the seeding projections for the following seasons, I assumed that the seeded teams would all qualify.

3. I left the CL winner, EL winner, and EL2 winner spots blank. In 2021-22, there will be a vacant spot in the Europa League group stage for the EL2 winner (because there would not have been an EL2 competition in 2020-21). Which team will take that vacant spot in the EL group stage in that season is to be determined. Furthermore, I assumed that the EL2 winner would be in pot 1 of EL group stage.

4. I also assumed that the CL winner and EL winner did not qualify for European competition based on their domestic league rankings in 2020-21 (of course, it is highly likely that both teams would have qualified for one of the competitions based on their league position). We currently do not know the alterations to EL2 should the CL winner, EL winner and EL2 winner qualify for a particular competition via league position (though we can always put out our predictions).

5. The rankings I used came from UEFA.com's version as of 29 November 2018, 11:21CET. In case of clubs having the same ranking, I simply used the same rules UEfA use in such a scenario. Also, the national ranking that is used was the one for this season's competition.

6. Lastly, I colour coded each team under the 'Teams' tab based on which competition they would be starting in, using the same colours UEFA used in the pdf for the access list. Blue is for CL, orange is for EL, and green is for EL2.

Enjoy :bouncy:

Great job, thank you very much for sharing. Maybe I misunderstood a little the method, but why Fiorentina (ita) in the CL and Inter in the (EL)? Have you used the domestic positions from last season to allocate teams in the different competitions?
Ricardo

Post by Ricardo »

great work dnina!
I'd like to see this, but then using the countryranking '19 (currently still in development), and then using the league ranking '18 (leaguernkaing '19 is too far away to make a good prediction)
How would it look then....
I wish I had time to take up my old sheet again. This is interesting stuff!
og2002gr

Post by og2002gr »

elkjiaer is back wrote:
dnina10 wrote:Hey everyone. The link attached to this post will take you to an excel spreadsheet with a sample of what the seeding in 2021-22 would look like across the UEFA competitions. Before you read it, I would like to point out a few things that I did:

Great job, thank you very much for sharing. Maybe I misunderstood a little the method, but why Fiorentina (ita) in the CL and Inter in the (EL)? Have you used the domestic positions from last season to allocate teams in the different competitions?
Look first rule. He used team's co-efficient irrelevant of their current position in League.

And that's why the lines will be much lower, so krdel you can feel more confident about Rijeka
For me it is interesting how it is not much easier to qualify for EL2 than it was for EL1. In PO Rijeka is just above the line, while last season they were just below.