Dutch Football Season 2019/20

Domestic league and cup football
Forza AZ

Post by Forza AZ »

Cup final of 19 April has also been postponed. Eredivisie matches of 8-12 April are still scheduled. But the KNVB has already said they will give clubs time to get match-fit again after they can't have collective training sessions untill 6 April, which makes it unlikely clubs will already have to play again within 1 week after that day.
Forza AZ

Post by Forza AZ »

All events in the Netherlands are forbidden untill 1 June. So that will most likely mean there won't be any football match untill that time. Will be very hard to still finish the season now. We need 10 matchdays, so that might just fit in the 1-30 June period.
Forza AZ

Post by Forza AZ »

Forza AZ wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 19:28 All events in the Netherlands are forbidden untill 1 June. So that will most likely mean there won't be any football match untill that time. Will be very hard to still finish the season now. We need 10 matchdays, so that might just fit in the 1-30 June period.
Today it got clear that indeed football will not be played untill at least 1 June. It now depends on UEFA if they allow the season to be played after 30 June to still be able to finish the season.

All leagues from the 3rd level downwards are already cancelled. All clubs will start next season at the same level they are in this season.
Forza AZ

Post by Forza AZ »

The restart of the Eredivisie and Eerste Divisie is planned for around 15 June, off course if the government allows it. The clubs would have to start training again 3-4 weeks before.
That was the leagues can finish end July, with the play-offs being played as single matches in stead of home-and-away after that.
dnina10

Post by dnina10 »

I have just read that Feyenoord are about to be crowned KNVB Beker winners despite the final not even being played. This looks like a lawsuit in the making. I would definitely take it to court if I'm FC Utrecht
Forza AZ

Post by Forza AZ »

dnina10 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 15:13 I have just read that Feyenoord are about to be crowned KNVB Beker winners despite the final not even being played. This looks like a lawsuit in the making. I would definitely take it to court if I'm FC Utrecht
I haven't seen any report about that? Maybe you are confused by the fact Feyenoord getting the EL-GS spot. That is just because all EL-spots will now be awarded via the league (since there is no Cup-winner) and Feyenoord is 3rd.

Edit: I now read a report. They found a regulation that a match is automatically awarded 0-1 if the match is forbidden by the government. However in this article they talk about the home team having a chance to find a neutral location if a match is forbidden. So it is clear this article shouldn't be applied to the final.
Forza AZ

Post by Forza AZ »

The Dutch FA just decided on the clubs that qualify for the CL and EL and about relegation and promotion:

-CL-Q4: Ajax *
-CL-Q2: AZ *
-EL-GS: Feyenoord
-EL-Q3: PSV
-EL-Q2: Willem II

*: Ajax and AZ can still enter 1 round later depending on the results in the CL and EL.

Ajax will not be awarded the championship and there will be no relegation and promotion, so the same 18 clubs will start in the Eredivisie 2020/21.
matt

Post by matt »

rpo.castro wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:54
Can you quote the guy that said this would be easy for Alan Pardew?
He saved the team :degsmile:
International break hater
rpo.castro

Post by rpo.castro »

matt wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 17:43
rpo.castro wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:54
Can you quote the guy that said this would be easy for Alan Pardew?
He saved the team :degsmile:
No. Covid did it. Best coach 2019/20.
dnina10

Post by dnina10 »

There are going to be a lot of lawsuits as a result of this. From Cambuur and De Graafschap, as well as FC Utrecht, and possibly from AZ as well. The KNVB did not handle this correctly I my opinion. They need to make up their minds. You use the table for European places (mind you four clubs still have games in hand, with both games having an effect on the title and European football), then you basically call the league null and void, not relegating an teams nor promoting any. Can't have it both ways. The worst part is that they asked the 34 professional clubs for their opinion, then went against the majority (15 favoured promotion and relegation, 9 objected and 9 refused to vote, though I did read that they needed at least 2/3 majority). Not looking good in The Netherlands
dnina10

Post by dnina10 »

Forza AZ wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 16:30
dnina10 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 15:13 I have just read that Feyenoord are about to be crowned KNVB Beker winners despite the final not even being played. This looks like a lawsuit in the making. I would definitely take it to court if I'm FC Utrecht
I haven't seen any report about that? Maybe you are confused by the fact Feyenoord getting the EL-GS spot. That is just because all EL-spots will now be awarded via the league (since there is no Cup-winner) and Feyenoord is 3rd.

Edit: I now read a report. They found a regulation that a match is automatically awarded 0-1 if the match is forbidden by the government. However in this article they talk about the home team having a chance to find a neutral location if a match is forbidden. So it is clear this article shouldn't be applied to the final.
If you don't mind, can you send a link to that article?
Wachtwoord

Post by Wachtwoord »

KNVB ignored the cup final and used place 3 in the competition for Feyenoord's ticket.
Actually that seems quite logical.

KNVB made strange other decisions (no relegation/promotion, Ajax 1st but not champion).
Many a lawsuit in the making ...
Forza AZ

Post by Forza AZ »

dnina10 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 18:34 If you don't mind, can you send a link to that article?
These are the regulations of the Cup: https://www.knvb.nl/downloads/sites/bes ... en-2018-19

See article 11.
dnina10

Post by dnina10 »

Ahh, thanks
Forza AZ

Post by Forza AZ »

The Women's league has also been ended, after 12 of the 14 matchdays of the regular season (there would also have been a 6 matchday play-off after the regular season). The top 2 will qualify for the CL: PSV and Ajax. Also here there will be no champions.