Norwegian Football

Domestic league and cup football
Mack

Post by Mack »

matt wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 18:58
Mack wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 18:57 Goal Tromsø! But weirdly it doesn´t change much.
Valerenga will go on full attack mode in the last couple of minutes...
No. They avoid direct relegation, but Tromsø needed another goal. To late. It ended 1-1. Vålerenga into play off to survive.
matt

Post by matt »

Mack wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 19:03
Mack wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 18:57 Goal Tromsø! But weirdly it doesn´t change much.
No. They avoid direct relegation, but Tromsø needed another goal. To late. It ended 1-1. Vålerenga into play off to survive.
Yes, i realized it after i wrote the post.

It doesn't matter, Tromso are back to European football :applause: :bouncy:

That crazy game against Viking turned out to be decisive
At this point i hope Molde win the cup: better for Norway's ranking and it would cancel any sort of regret to have missed out on the second place for Tromso.
International break hater
Mack

Post by Mack »

matt wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 19:05
Mack wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 19:03

Yes, i realized it after i wrote the post.

It doesn't matter, Tromso are back to European football :applause: :bouncy:

That crazy game against Viking turned out to be decisive
At this point i hope Molde win the cup: better for Norway's ranking and it would cancel any sort of regret to have missed out on the second place for Tromso.
Agree. Molde have more experience and I think there is a better chance of gaining coefficient points with Molde. Viking has had a good season and even looked like they could potentially challenge the title at their best, but they are not a stable top team yet. Molde have done well in Europa League this season, but have lacked composure in attack. Their last game against Qarabag showed that even if they have spend a lot of money on a striker, they just aren´t good enough in finishing the job. Still Molde has a strong team and are more suited to compete on multiple arenas.

I think Bodø/Glimt and Molde are the teams best suited to play in Europe now. Tromsø also has a well developed base in that they have a defined style that the team knows well and this season we've had a strong and experienced sentral line with good defenders and the best goalie in the league. Brann are in my opinion not fully developed, but they are getting stronger and are becoming a more balanced team now..
Kjello

Post by Kjello »

Eliteserien - Round 30
Bodø/Glimt - Sarpsborg 08 2-0
1-0 Amahl Pellegrino 19'
2-0 Nino Zugelj 74'

Haugesund - Stabæk 3-0
1-0 Martin Samuelsen 75'
2-0 Bilal Njie 77'
3-0 Bilal Njie 90+3'

Relegation once again for Stabæk. Just like in 2021. Must be very disappointing for them after the start they had to the season. And the turnaround they've had since Bob Bradley returned. I think it was more important for Haugesund to survive though. Stabæk will probably bounce back next season. While I think Haugesund probably would have struggled more. A positive thing with Haugesund staying up is that they're one of only four clubs who plays on a gras pitch next season. Along with Rosenborg, Lillestrøm and Brann.
Stabæk was dominating the match and Mushaga Bakenga missed on a major chance in the 67th minute. Before Haugesund pretty much finished off the match 10 minutes later. It could have been so different had Bakenga scored on his chance.

Molde - HamKam 1-1
0-1 Vidar Ari Jónsson 27'
1-1 Magnus Grødem (Pen) 90+1'

Odd - Aalesund 4-1
1-0 Amidou Diop 12'
2-0 Mikael Ingebrigtsen 30'
2-1 Moctar Diop 36'
3-1 Filip Jørgensen 82'
4-1 Jesper Skau 90'

Sandefjord - Lillestrøm 1-0
1-0 Alexander Ruud Tveter (Pen) 42'
While I don't accuse Lillestrøm losing on purpose. That penalty, that was the suspicious kind. The Sandefjord player was moving out of the penalty area. And at that's when Thomas Lehne Olsen decided to step on the heel of the Sandefjord player. Creating an extremely stupid penalty. But it didn't become desisive. As Sandefjord still had a better goal difference than Vålerenga.

Strømsgodset - Brann 3-0
1-0 Japhet Sery Larsen (OG) 22'
2-0 Herman Stengel 65'
3-0 Herman Stengel (Pen) 83'

Viking - Rosenborg 1-5
0-1 Isak Thorvaldsson 25'
0-2 Adrian Pereira 47'
0-3 Isak Thorvaldsson 59'
Red card, Sander Tangvik (Rosenborg) 67'
1-3 Zlatko Tripic (Pen) 70'
1-4 Rasmus Wiedesheim-Paul 90+6
1-5 Sverre Nypan 90+9'

I have no idea how we won this match. Looking at the starting eleven, it's the poorest Rosenborg eleven I've ever seen.
And the statistics from the match doesn't really explain it either. xG 3,11 - 1,53 in favor of Viking. 30 - 8 in shots.
But somehow we trashed Viking. As I haven't watched the match, I might actually have to rewatch it.
I'm just happy this season is over at the moment. And I hope the announcement of the next manager comes soon. The Swedish U19 manager of FC Copenhagen, Alfred Johansson seems to be the leading candidate at the moment.
According to local media Rosenborg had a meeting with him in Copenhagen on Friday. Where both the CEO, Chairman, Director of Sports and a boardmember participated in the meeting.
Rosenborg have a members meeting on Monday 11 December. I kind of expect the new manager to be announced by then.

Must be very disappointing for Viking to end outside top 3 after being top of the table with a 2 point gap with 8 matches to go. Especially considering they said no to big bids on defender David Brekalo and midfielder Markus Solbakken this summer.
Now they need the help from Bodø/Glimt to get European football next season.

Vålerenga - Tromsø 1-1
1-0 Andrej Ilic 63'
1-1 Jakob Romsaas 90+3'

In the first half, both teams looked very nervous. And neither team had any big chances. The second half was quite different though. Vålerenga had several chances the first 20 minutes of the second half. And once again it was Andrej Ilic scoring the goal. After arriving from Latvian football this summer, he's scored 9 goals in 13 matches. And has been the signing of the season in my opinion. After the goal, the match suddenly changed. Tromsø took more and more over the match. And in the end Oslo-born Jakob Romsaas equalized for Tromsø. While the equalizer didn't really change anything for Vålerenga nor Tromsø in the end. It led to a few dramatic last minutes of the match. As another Tromsø goal would have sent Vålerenga to 15th and Tromsø up to 2nd.

Eliteserien - Final table

Eliteserien Playoffs
First leg - Wednesday 6 December
19:00 Kristiansund - Vålerenga
Second leg - Sunday 10 December
17:00 Vålerenga - Kristiansund

Both teams go into the playoffs with wind in their sails. Though both are disappointed by their overall season.
While I consider Vålerenga a favorite, I don't see them as clear favorites. Maybe 65-35 at best.
Kristiansund has been a small hassle for Vålerenga as well. Over 12 matches, Kristiansund has won 5, 4 have ended in a draw. And Vålerenga has won 3.
Mack

Post by Mack »

Kjello wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 23:06 Eliteserien - Round 30

Both teams go into the playoffs with wind in their sails. Though both are disappointed by their overall season.
While I consider Vålerenga a favorite, I don't see them as clear favorites. Maybe 65-35 at best.
Kristiansund has been a small hassle for Vålerenga as well. Over 12 matches, Kristiansund has won 5, 4 have ended in a draw. And Vålerenga has won 3.
I´d say 55-45 for Vålerenga. Although Vålerenga has gotten their act together in the last couple of games and should make the best of the life line they have gotten, Kristiansund has the players to punish them. Vålerenga needs to be just as prepared and ready as they were against Tromsø.
Kjello

Post by Kjello »

Eliteserien - Playoffs
Kristiansund - Vålerenga 0-2

Pretty much in the box for Vålerenga. I will be extremely surprised if Kristiansund turns this around in Oslo on Sunday.
matt

Post by matt »

matt wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 19:05 At this point i hope Molde win the cup: better for Norway's ranking and it would cancel any sort of regret to have missed out on the second place for Tromso.
Molde won! :up:
International break hater
mspm89

Post by mspm89 »

Kjello wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 22:24 Eliteserien - Playoffs
Kristiansund - Vålerenga 0-2

Pretty much in the box for Vålerenga. I will be extremely surprised if Kristiansund turns this around in Oslo on Sunday.
I've experienced the Intility Arena in the summer, I wonder how cold it will be tomorrow, both by the weather and by the stands for having to play a late relegation playoff in the first place. :grin1:

Good for Valerenga, hopefully they have a better season in 2024 and IN the Eliteserien.
Kjello

Post by Kjello »

mspm89 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 00:02 I've experienced the Intility Arena in the summer, I wonder how cold it will be tomorrow, both by the weather and by the stands for having to play a late relegation playoff in the first place. :grin1:

Good for Valerenga, hopefully they have a better season in 2024 and IN the Eliteserien.
The weather forecast for tonight only shows -1 in Oslo. Far warmer than the -10 it was a week ago vs Tromsø.
Kjello

Post by Kjello »

Vålerenga - Kristiansund 0-2
84'...
Kjello

Post by Kjello »

Full time in Oslo. Which means extra time.

Stunned by this. Vålerenga seemed to have full control over the match. But they've become increasingly defensive during the second half. Conceding in the 75th and 81st minute.
Mack

Post by Mack »

This drama will be decided by penalty kicks. :clapping:
Kjello

Post by Kjello »

It's penalties in Oslo!

Vålerenga have subbed on goalkeeper Jakob Storevik who saved no less than 7 out of 12 penalties for Sandefjord in 2020 and 2021. Sean McDermott who came on as a substitute for Kristiansund against Bryne and saved two penalties has stayed on the bench.
Kjello

Post by Kjello »

Børven scores for Vålerenga.
1-0
Kjello

Post by Kjello »

VÅLERENGA MISSES!

Kristiansund have the ball to win!