2022/23 UEFA club season (Champions League, Europa League, Europa Conference League): List of qualified teams

including formats, draws, seedings, etc.
Juliusz

Post by Juliusz »

Rapid Vienna won ECL play-off vs WSG Tirol and qualified for ECL Q2.
Diouf

Post by Diouf »

Viborg defeats AaB on penalties in the European playoff.
They enter ECL Q2 as unseeded.

Only Viborg's second European adventure in their history. Their only participation so far was in the 2000/01 UEFA Cup, where they famously eliminated CSKA Moscow in the first round, before falling to Rayo Vallecano on away goals in the second round.
Firnen

Post by Firnen »

So the last remaining European spot in all leagues is Albania's Cup Winner or 4th, Vllaznia or Kukesi.
Bulgarian

Post by Bulgarian »

Botev Plovdiv defeated Beroe in the european playoff yesterday to secure a spot in ECLQ2 as an unseed.
I hope they get a favourable draw and past a round.I quite like them as a team.
NederPAOKtzis

Post by NederPAOKtzis »

Vllaznia and Laçi are masters of suspence and so the last European spot will decided in overtime or after a penalty shootout. 1-1 after 90 minutes.
PAOK is not a club. PAOK is a cultural phenomenon.
dnina10

Post by dnina10 »

Albania: Vllaznia takes the final European place, defeating Laçi AET in the cup final.

Vllaznia will enter ECL Q2 while Laçi will start in ECL Q1. Kukesi will miss out on Europe
NederPAOKtzis

Post by NederPAOKtzis »

And Vllaznia grab the last spot. FT 2-1. They start in ECL Q2.
PAOK is not a club. PAOK is a cultural phenomenon.
Forza AZ

Post by Forza AZ »

@Bert: In the calendar you have listed the draws for Q4 on Tuesday 2 August. Is that correct, since usually the draws for Q3 and Q4 take place on a Monday.
bert.kassies

Post by bert.kassies »

Forza AZ wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:59 @Bert: In the calendar you have listed the draws for Q4 on Tuesday 2 August. Is that correct, since usually the draws for Q3 and Q4 take place on a Monday.
This UEFA document lists the draw dates at the bottom: https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleagu ... aws-final/
And this one https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/about-u ... e6cb-1000/

But wikipedia says August 1.
UEFA European Cup Football for all UEFA coefficients and rankings
UCL_Lover

Post by UCL_Lover »

bert.kassies wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 15:30
Forza AZ wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:59 @Bert: In the calendar you have listed the draws for Q4 on Tuesday 2 August. Is that correct, since usually the draws for Q3 and Q4 take place on a Monday.
This UEFA document lists the draw dates at the bottom: https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleagu ... aws-final/
And this one https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/about-u ... e6cb-1000/

But wikipedia says August 1.
I think the correct date should be the August 2. On Wiki here the reference 8 leads at this page where the date is supposed to be August 2, although TBC.
A good football player plays where the ball is. A great football player plays where the ball is going to be.
Diouf

Post by Diouf »

Diouf wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 21:55 I know this probably won't be the final version of the access list, but with this current vision, won't UEFA then go against this part in their EL regulations "For the play-offs, teams are seeded and drawn in accordance with the Club Competitions Committee principles for guaranteeing that eight clubs eliminated from the UEFA Champions League (champions path) are drawn against each other"?

I guess they could change the priorities and their match-up. But right now, the logic should be like this right:
2 P1 against 2 P4 teams, 5 P1 teams against 5 P3 teams, 6 P2 teams drawn against each other.
So only six, not eight, teams eliminated from CL champions path are drawn against each other.
They did go with the version, which only pits six champions against each other.

Teams have been seeded into priority groups and will be drawn to guarantee that the six clubs eliminated from the Champions League champions path are drawn against each other.

• Teams are drawn in accordance with the priorities in the following order:
- Priority 1 teams are drawn against the two priority 4 teams to determine two pairings.
- The five remaining Priority 1 teams are drawn against the five Priority 3 teams to determine five pairings.
- The six Priority 2 teams are drawn against each other to determine three pairings.

• Clubs from the same association cannot be drawn against each other. Further restrictions will be announced before the draw.

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/d ... 3/2001679/
Juliusz

Post by Juliusz »

Diouf wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 18:03
Diouf wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 21:55 I know this probably won't be the final version of the access list, but with this current vision, won't UEFA then go against this part in their EL regulations "For the play-offs, teams are seeded and drawn in accordance with the Club Competitions Committee principles for guaranteeing that eight clubs eliminated from the UEFA Champions League (champions path) are drawn against each other"?

I guess they could change the priorities and their match-up. But right now, the logic should be like this right:
2 P1 against 2 P4 teams, 5 P1 teams against 5 P3 teams, 6 P2 teams drawn against each other.
So only six, not eight, teams eliminated from CL champions path are drawn against each other.

Teams have been seeded into priority groups and will be drawn to guarantee that the six clubs eliminated from the Champions League champions path are drawn against each other.

- Priority 1 teams are drawn against the two priority 4 teams to determine two pairings.
- The five remaining Priority 1 teams are drawn against the five Priority 3 teams to determine five pairings.
- The six Priority 2 teams are drawn against each other to determine three pairings.

• Clubs from the same association cannot be drawn against each other. Further restrictions will be announced before the draw.

They also thoughtlessly copied the usual text (bolded above by me). Last year (and in general) no country protection was required in this round according to the regulations, but it seems they forgot it.
dnina10

Post by dnina10 »

Juliusz wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 18:20
Diouf wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 18:03

They also thoughtlessly copied the usual text (bolded above by me). Last year (and in general) no country protection was required in this round according to the regulations, but it seems they forgot it.
I actually hope this is so. To me, adding the no country protection part at this round after not having it in the rounds prior (across all competitions) and in the subsequent rounds (GS plus first KO round) doesn't make any sense
TommyChat

Post by TommyChat »

According to the regulations of this season's Europa League.

Article 13 Paragraph 05 (13.05)
It is NOT stated that clubs from the same assotiation cannot be drawn againts each other.
In all other sections involving draws up to the round of 16 it IS stated clearly
TommyChat

Post by TommyChat »

Since 2021/22 country protection applies to EL and ECL Round of 16 as well.

It is interesting that there is no group protection in the Round of 16, which means that a 1st placed team, in their first KO tie, can face the runner up of their group.