2022 WC Qatar - final tournament

Euro 2024, World Cup 2026, etc.
Polak

Post by Polak »

This Martinez is very immature and seems like rather an unlikeable character, like much of the Argentinian team though to be fair.

He got the golden glove because Argentina won the World Cup. They couldn't really give it to Lloris, since he only kept one clean sheet in the tournament. Martinez, as mentioned, let in 8 goals. The golden glove should have gone to Bounou, who only conceded 5 and kept 4 clean sheets.

As for the final itself, France were poor, but, they were also at a disadvantage. Key players getting sick and having to be isolated from the rest of the squad doesn't help preparation and also means they were probably not at their best during the final. In the match itself, Otamendi should have also been sent off when France got their penalty. He was the last man, and didn't even get a yellow card. Also, it seems Messi can do whatever he wants and not get booked. The privilege of being considered the best in the word.

That doesn't change the fact that the French were really not good in the match. I don't think they had their first shot on goal until the 70th minute. They only 'played football' for about 25 minutes of the match (in the 2nd half), and then for 10 minutes of extra time (after they conceded the 3rd). It isn't enough to win a World Cup. I do wonder if the sickness in the squad had not happened, if they would have been better, but it's something he won't know.
Ricardo

Post by Ricardo »

mspm89 wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 20:13
Ricardo wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 19:35 Can’t give arguments? Just saying names? What does it have to do with the Dutch? You are just egoistic anti-social maniac like too many of your kind that don’t accept if someone does not agree with you.
Why do I need to give arguments? The burden of proof is not on me, I don't need to prove a negative. You're the one who ought to come up with selective pictures and angles or, as Dragonite does, with unfiltered stats that you can use to argue anything wacky. I'm not going to bother addressing that, so don't do it.
rpo.castro wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 21:39
Ricardo wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 08:45
rpo.castro wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:19 New conspiracy theory: after the "its made for Argentina", now "its made for PSG".
The human imagination has no limits.
If you want to stay naive, do so. Infantino has made it clear again that money is everything. Qatar has shown that entertainment is more important then some lives. I’d like to think that everything went sportively, but it’s naive not to consider it. There are no objective people. Be naive and soon Putin will rule your country.
Putin? PSG new aquisition?

We all saw french newspapers, especially from Paris celebrating the success of the PSG player. PSG president Joan Laporta and PSG manager Xavi Hernández celebrated the title of their player, because when we think of "who win the WC" we think of PSG. And when we think of Messi, the first connection is PSG not that little club we once used to play.

There must be always a reason for our faillures. Its never our fault. Its a plot, always a plot.
keep dreaming people.
SantaClaus exist and I am just an angry person because I need to pay for my own presents. I can't proof he doesn't exist so I'll shut up.
Ricardo

Post by Ricardo »

Agree Polak, problem is that no team was really good. Some teams played well for half a match or so(out of 5,6,7 matches played). That's should not be enough for a title. But it has to be given to some team.....
mspm89

Post by mspm89 »

Ricardo wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 14:41 keep dreaming people.
SantaClaus exist and I am just an angry person because I need to pay for my own presents. I can't proof he doesn't exist so I'll shut up.
Sore loser.
Ambro

Post by Ambro »

Messi and Mbappe have become the 2nd and 3rd players to score in normal time, extra time and penalty shootout in a World Cup match. Previously, only Florin Raducioiu of Romania did that against Sweden in 1994 quarter finals.
Ricardo

Post by Ricardo »

mspm89 wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 15:38
Ricardo wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 14:41 keep dreaming people.
Sore loser.
I only said that Argentina did not play fantastic, was not the best team on the tournament and you talk about loser, I just don’t get you. But I want to talk readnable and you clearly can’t. You are 100% emotional.
Have fun
mspm89

Post by mspm89 »

Ricardo wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 20:36 I only said that Argentina did not play fantastic, was not the best team on the tournament and you talk about loser, I just don’t get you. But I want to talk readnable and you clearly can’t. You are 100% emotional.
Have fun
You were talking about Argentina being "gifted" the Cup with what seem to be all the rest of the Dutchmen here on this site.
rrey1

Post by rrey1 »

So,
- in Euro 2020 France went out on penalties after 3:3.
It also started "playing football" only in the 2nd half after Switzerland missed their penalty to make it 2:0
- in WC 2022 France went out on penalties after 3:3. It also started "playing football" only at about 70th minute after already trailing 2:0.
May be Deschamps needs to go if France wants to win another title. Otherwise it nay become "like Germany" between 2006 and 2014 (quarters, semifinals, but no titles)
Greyn

Post by Greyn »

I complained about our tactics in this tournament, which often was simply a long ball from Szczęsny to Lewandowski. Someone made a statistic with percentage of all actions during the game which started with a long ball.

Here is Top 5:

1. Costa Rica - 8%
2. Poland - 7.75%
3. Australia - 7.5%
4. Cameroon - 7.33%
5. Saudi Arabia - 6.66%
amenina

Post by amenina »

Felix Sanchez leaves as Qatar manager.

https://twitter.com/QFA_EN/status/1608889277458575360

List of managers who have left their positions after the World Cup:
Belgium - Martinez
Brazil - Tite
Ghana - Oddo
Iran - Queiroz
Mexico - Martino
Netherlands - Van Gaal
Poland - Michniewicz
Portugal - Santos
Qatar - Sanchez
South Korea - Bento
Spain - Enrique
amenina

Post by amenina »

Alfaro leaves job as Ecuador coach

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/sport/a ... ch-3202636

List of managers who have left their positions after the World Cup:
Belgium - Martinez
Brazil - Tite
Ecuador - Alfaro
Ghana - Oddo
Iran - Queiroz
Mexico - Martino
Netherlands - Van Gaal
Poland - Michniewicz
Portugal - Santos
Qatar - Sanchez
South Korea - Bento
Spain - Enrique
USA - Berhalter (although the federation has not ruled out the possibility of re-appointing him later)
amenina

Post by amenina »

FIFA Disciplinary Committee reaches decisions on Ghana v. Uruguay match

https://www.fifa.com/legal/media-releas ... guay-match

The FIFA Disciplinary Committee has reached its decisions in relation to the various incidents that occurred during and after the FIFA World Cup™ match between Ghana and Uruguay on 2 December 2022.

After a thorough analysis of the various factual elements in light of the applicable provisions of the FIFA Disciplinary Code, the FIFA Disciplinary Committee found that the Uruguayan Football Association was responsible for the discriminatory behaviour of its supporters as well as for the misconduct, offensive behaviour and violation of the principles of fair play of the members of its representative team.

In addition, the FIFA Disciplinary Committee decided to sanction the Uruguayan players José María Giménez, Fernando Muslera, Edinson Cavani and Diego Godín in relation to their respective established misconduct(s) and/or behaviour(s).

In this respect, the FIFA Disciplinary Committee imposed the following sanctions:

The Uruguayan Football Association – partial stadium closure (the stands behind the goals) at its next FIFA “A” international match as host association and a fine of CHF 50,000

José María Giménez – a four-match suspension, performance of community football service and a fine of CHF 20,000

Fernando Muslera – a four-match suspension, performance of community football service and a fine of CHF 20,000

Edinson Cavani – a one-match suspension, performance of community football service and a fine of CHF 15,000

Diego Godín – a one-match suspension, performance of community football service and a fine of CHF 15,000

The aforementioned match suspensions will be served during the next official matches of the representative team of the Uruguayan Football Association.

The decisions of the FIFA Disciplinary Committee were notified today to the parties concerned.
EarlofBug

Post by EarlofBug »

BurningStorm wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:04 Image

5 different top football nations in the last 5 editions. Is it now Argentina's turn? Or England's?
Why France has Tottenham Hotspur's sign? :D
seso

Post by seso »

seso wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 14:25
Ed wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:16
seso wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:15 Wout Weghorst acted like a sore loser after the match!
Yeah, but the Argentinian unsportsmenlike behaviour during and after the match was exemplary though ! :degsmile:
Nicolas Otamendi tweeted “I celebrated in face because there was a one Netherlands player, who at every penalty kick we had, was coming and saying things to one of our players".
That's not very sportsmanlike either! :grin1:
Check out the video!
https://www.sport24.gr/football/lionel- ... 85348.html