UEFA Seeding & Qualification based on ClubElo Values - Updates & Feedback

including formats, draws, seedings, etc.
Stadion

Post by Stadion »

Hi everyone,

Apologies for the spreadsheet being down for the past several weeks. As @eye outlined above, Soccerway have disabled scraping of their league tables, so I've had to find a workaround. In the case of the current season (2022/23 UEFA tournaments) -- I managed to restore an old version and hardcode the tables since the leagues have been concluded for several months now.

Here is the link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1&range=A1

I have only made available the ClubElo simulation tabs since there are most relevant given we're more than halfway through the qualifiers at this point. Both the Group Stage Forecast and Revenue Forecast tabs are now based on the updated ClubElo simulation.

In the meantime I am working on a version for next year's qualifiers -- I plan to have that out in the coming weeks.
Dennino

Post by Dennino »

Stadion wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 08:03 Hi everyone,

Apologies for the spreadsheet being down for the past several weeks. As @eye outlined above, Soccerway have disabled scraping of their league tables, so I've had to find a workaround. In the case of the current season (2022/23 UEFA tournaments) -- I managed to restore an old version and hardcode the tables since the leagues have been concluded for several months now.

I have only made available the ClubElo simulation tabs since there are most relevant given we're more than halfway through the qualifiers at this point. Both the Group Stage Forecast and Revenue Forecast tabs are now based on the updated ClubElo simulation.

In the meantime I am working on a version for next year's qualifiers -- I plan to have that out in the coming weeks.
Great job @Stadion ! Very nice to have one up and running again. The sim (prediction) is based on the form and results so far by the teams? Thanks for sharing!
Stadion

Post by Stadion »

Dennino wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 09:59
Stadion wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 08:03 Hi everyone,

Great job @Stadion ! Very nice to have one up and running again. The sim (prediction) is based on the form and results so far by the teams? Thanks for sharing!
Before the qualifiers started, ClubElo values determined the teams most likely to progress. The current iteration takes all past results into account, as well as the rounds that have already been drawn (i.e. all rounds at this stage) and simulates all fixtures up until the group stages.
Bjartne

Post by Bjartne »

I really love this!
nogomet

Post by nogomet »

Pot 4 of ECL is set to be stronger than Pot 3.
Lilywhite

Post by Lilywhite »

nogomet wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 14:16 Pot 4 of ECL is set to be stronger than Pot 3.
Yep, lots of teams with base coefficients from mid-ranking leagues in Pot 4, vs teams from weaker leagues who have lost in qualifying for 3-4 years and got points that way in Pot 3.
Stadion

Post by Stadion »

As a Pot 1 team you can get a very comfortable draw -- just avoid Koln, Fiorentina and Nice in Pot 2 and you're going to have a good autumn.

Malmo are looking extremely shaky right now so I would actually prefer them to drop down into the ECL via a loss at Sivasspor (provided they get through F91 tonight) and are then able to pick up a good amount of points as a Pot 1 team for both the club- and country coefficient. And I believe both Djurgarden's (APOEL in PO, if they can defend their lead vs Sepsi) and AIK's (Slovacko in PO, if they win vs Shkendija tonight) chances are decent to reach the ECL GS as well. :up:
Stadion

Post by Stadion »

Tables have been updated to reflect last night's results: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1&range=A1

Norway, Switzerland and Czechia all looking good with 75% of participating teams projected to reach group stages. That's counting Slovacko as favourites vs AIK, but their ClubElo ratings are pretty much even -- in the case of a AIK win, then Sweden would be projected to have 75% of participating teams in the group stages instead.

Croatia and Greece only 25% of teams projected to reach the GS at this stage -- some heavy lifting required by Dinamo and Olympiacos.
Stadion

Post by Stadion »

Tables are now updated to reflect bookie odds to qualify for the group stages.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... d7MvZu-t1U
Deneverember

Post by Deneverember »

Great stats! But a I found a mistake. The UEFA give each domestic champion club that does not qualify for the UCL, UEL or UECL group stage will receive €260,000 in addition to the above-mentioned amounts, as applicable. The champions team which eliminated cant received the €260,000.
soyderedstarbelgrade

Post by soyderedstarbelgrade »

Is there an active spreadsheet for the next season?
Volim je do ludila
Stadion

Post by Stadion »

soyderedstarbelgrade wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 13:39 Is there an active spreadsheet for the next season?
Not yet, i haven't had time to work out all the connections in the back end.
eye

Post by eye »

soyderedstarbelgrade wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 13:39 Is there an active spreadsheet for the next season?

You can try mine. It is working since end of May. Here is the topic of it
viewtopic.php?t=5842
soyderedstarbelgrade

Post by soyderedstarbelgrade »

eye wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 23:31

viewtopic.php?t=5842
I struggle to navigate it. I only see the spreadsheet for the current season. Where is for the next one?
Volim je do ludila
eye

Post by eye »

soyderedstarbelgrade wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 00:56
eye wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 23:31

viewtopic.php?t=5842
I struggle to navigate it. I only see the spreadsheet for the current season. Where is for the next one?
It is few posts later. Here is the link https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing