Russia would get 4.333 Points for 2022-23!

including formats, draws, seedings, etc.
eye

Post by eye »

The decision to stay at UEFA seems logical but I am not sure if it is good for Russia. We don't know when war will be over and it is very possible Russia to remain banned for a bit more. Even if war is over tomorrow I don't think it is possible Russian clubs to take part at UEFA's competitions of next season. There are many Ukrainians at other countries of Europe and it is not just them. Poland, Finland, Sweden and Baltic states have huge problem with Russia as well at the moment so I don't think it is possible to organize football matches under these conditions. Probably it will require much time for Russia's return
anty1975

Post by anty1975 »

Lorric wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 13:41 There is one thing that could change and provide increase in interest: that this could be a chance to change the power balance in this league now the top clubs aren't getting pumped up with European cash and their foreign guys have had to leave. There might not be European places, but you don't want to fall out of those places as you might not be able to get back into them if and when Russia returns to the fold.
In Russia all the clubs are state-sponsored either directly or indirectly though state monopolies like Gazprom, European cash was always just a tiny fraction of their budget. Big Moscow clubs and Zenit are owned by state monopolies, provincial teams are owned by local governments. And while state monopolies can still spend a lot on football, local budgets everywhere took a hit. So in reality the gap between rich and poor only increased and will increase even further. Even before invasion there were many examples of provincial teams achieving promotion on sporting terms but deciding not to compete in the higher league as its too costly for their finances.
amenina

Post by amenina »

Russia and UEFA hold initial talks, but country set to lose another major football match

https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles ... tial-talks
amenina

Post by amenina »

Russia accepted to compete at SAFF Under-17 Women's Championship

https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles ... ampionship

saff_football We are delighted to announce that Russia will be competing in the SAFF U17 Women's Championship 2023 scheduled to take place in Dhaka from 20-28 March. Are you Ready for this? ✌️
#saff #SAFFU17Womens

https://www.instagram.com/p/Com0m9fpFSl ... gn=loading
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

amenina wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:10 Russia accepted to compete at SAFF Under-17 Women's Championship

saff_football We are delighted to announce that Russia will be competing in the SAFF U17 Women's Championship 2023 scheduled to take place in Dhaka from 20-28 March. Are you Ready for this? ✌️
#saff #SAFFU17Womens

How strange.

Russia will crush those teams.
amenina

Post by amenina »

Lorric wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:27
amenina wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:10 Russia accepted to compete at SAFF Under-17 Women's Championship

#saff #SAFFU17Womens

How strange.

Why not? The South Asian teams would play a formidable opponent, a team of higher level so they can get better, which is what youth tournaments are all about. And it will generate a ton of publicity for this event. If I lived in the country, for sure I would go watch. It might be my only chance to see a team of Russian girls! :degsmile:
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

amenina wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 17:03

#saff #SAFFU17Womens

How strange.

Why not? The South Asian teams would play a formidable opponent, a team of higher level so they can get better, which is what youth tournaments are all about. And it will generate a ton of publicity for this event. If I lived in the country, for sure I would go watch. It might be my only chance to see a team of Russian girls! :degsmile:
That trophy should be for those teams to win.
Jackson Harrison

Post by Jackson Harrison »

#saff #SAFFU17Womens

How strange.

How is this possible when Russia is suspended by FIFA?
No one is supposed to engage with them according to the FIFA statutes.

My thoughts on Russia being banned have been made clear: if I was FIFA I'd say let they play under a neutral name. They're not starting a war - this is one man's war not a country of 143 million. It would be a bigger kick up Putin's bell end if they said 'were not scared of you!'
amenina

Post by amenina »

Jackson Harrison wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 20:05

How strange.

My thoughts on Russia being banned have been made clear: if I was FIFA I'd say let they play under a neutral name. They're not starting a war - this is one man's war not a country of 143 million. It would be a bigger kick up Putin's bell end if they said 'were not scared of you!'
There is a difference. Their teams are suspended by FIFA, but their association is not. So Russian teams are currently not allowed to play in tournaments run by FIFA. But they can play in matches not run by FIFA. Of course, UEFA are also banning Russian teams from playing in their tournaments.

But Russian teams can play in matches not run by FIFA or UEFA. The SAFF U-17 Women's Championship is not run by FIFA and UEFA. Russia have no problem playing in this tournament.

Russia have played three senior men's friendly matches since the ban, against Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan. Again, no problem. As long as a country is willing to play against Russia, they can play against Russia.

On the other hand, if the association is suspended by FIFA according to the FIFA statutes, then everything has to stop. They can't even be playing in any type of matches.
Jackson Harrison

Post by Jackson Harrison »

amenina wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 20:13
Jackson Harrison wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 20:05

There is a difference. Their teams are suspended by FIFA, but their association is not. So Russian teams are currently not allowed to play in tournaments run by FIFA. But they can play in matches not run by FIFA. Of course, UEFA are also banning Russian teams from playing in their tournaments.

But Russian teams can play in matches not run by FIFA or UEFA. The SAFF U-17 Women's Championship is not run by FIFA and UEFA. Russia have no problem playing in this tournament.

Russia have played three senior men's friendly matches since the ban, against Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan. Again, no problem. As long as a country is willing to play against Russia, they can play against Russia.

On the other hand, if the association is suspended by FIFA according to the FIFA statutes, then everything has to stop. They can't even be playing in any type of matches.
Get you. So they can still vote at FIFA Congress etc - or at least they can for 2 years before they get banned on the ground of not having fulfilled their obligation to participate in at least 2 of the competitions in a 2 year period. This is unless they are re-admitted!
Ricardo

Post by Ricardo »

amenina wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 17:03 ….It might be my only chance to see a team of Russian girls! :degsmile:
I guess you should watch out. With the number of men they are burning in Ukraine, lots of girls will be looking for a husband-to-be :D
amenina

Post by amenina »

Both the Russian men and women will play friendlies against Iran at Tehran in March.

https://tass.com/sport/1577203/amp
gukfvaEU

Post by gukfvaEU »

Is Russia ban being extended to 2023-24 season?
Will Russia be granted 4.333 pts for 2023-24 season if they do not participate?
I have not found any news.
Fotcalc

Post by Fotcalc »

This was UEFA's last statement on the suspension of Russia:

"...all Russian representative teams and clubs are suspended from taking part in UEFA competition matches, until further notice."

When it comes to their country coefficient for the 23/24 season, we still haven't heard anything. But everything indicates that the 4.333 points will be the case that season too.
Agent327

Post by Agent327 »

Fotcalc wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 14:02 This was UEFA's last statement on the suspension of Russia:

"...all Russian representative teams and clubs are suspended from taking part in UEFA competition matches, until further notice."

When it comes to their country coefficient for the 23/24 season, we still haven't heard anything. But everything indicates that the 4.333 points will be the case that season too.
I disliked the gift of the 4.333 points to Russia from the start. If you want handing out points, do it according the ranking.

So. Pretend all teams enter in the round allocated to them. Then assign a 3-0 loss for all their games. Count their bonus points and qualification points divided by no. of teams, and that will be your coef points.

For 2022/2023 instead of 4.333 they just get 2.8 points.
For 2023/2024 the damage isn't that high with 2.7 points
Next seasons they will drop down quickly in ranking and in points (provided they will be suspended for the years ahead)
You could tell it was a dwarf. Not only his beard, but also his arms dragged on the ground......