Russia would get 4.333 Points for 2022-23!

including formats, draws, seedings, etc.
amirbachar

Russia would get 4.333 Points for 2022-23!

Post by amirbachar »

They will almost surely be out of the top 15 now:
https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/mediase ... he-ongoin/

There are also many details about the re-balancing here:
https://editorial.uefa.com/resources/02 ... league.pdf
matt

Post by matt »

This does not make sense but ok :dontknow:
Strange decision. I thought they would get a 0.000 for the 22/23 season.
International break hater
Ricardo

Post by Ricardo »

If you agree or not. It’s a clear decision with lots of points worked out already. They want to say that they are open to Russia as soon as it changes. And if it is somewhere midseason( this summer already) it could be harsh on them, and like this they don’t drop to the bottom.
Korgutt

Post by Korgutt »

What will happen with the clubs from Ukraine? I guess they have to finish this season to take part in the tournaments this summer/autumn?
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

That will boost Russia up from 19th to 12th at the start of 22/23. Interesting decision, anyone know why? Perhaps it was something already in the regulations for countries that can't compete one year. The 4.333 was a disaster season, so while much better than a 0 I'd expect Russia to do better if they competed. Especially with the Conference League in existence now, which wasn't a thing then.
krdel

Post by krdel »

Idiotic. We got zero in the 90s!

I hoped Russia would start from the bottom so our clubs could get theirs and I could go watch them live.
Last edited by krdel on Mon May 02, 2022 23:49, edited 1 time in total.
UEFA - We care about money. Pravda za Kolubaru!
amirbachar

Post by amirbachar »

Lorric wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 23:35 That will boost Russia up from 19th to 12th at the start of 22/23. Interesting decision, anyone know why? Perhaps it was something already in the regulations for countries that can't compete one year. The 4.333 was a disaster season, so while much better than a 0 I'd expect Russia to do better if they competed. Especially with the Conference League in existence now, which wasn't a thing then.
That boost will only be virtual. 4.333 is a really bad, even more so under the current format of having CL,EL and ECL.
amirbachar

Post by amirbachar »

Korgutt wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 23:23 What will happen with the clubs from Ukraine? I guess they have to finish this season to take part in the tournaments this summer/autumn?
They will just use the latest league table available, same as France did for example in 2019-20 due to Covid-19.
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

amirbachar wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 23:44
Lorric wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 23:35 That will boost Russia up from 19th to 12th at the start of 22/23. Interesting decision, anyone know why? Perhaps it was something already in the regulations for countries that can't compete one year. The 4.333 was a disaster season, so while much better than a 0 I'd expect Russia to do better if they competed. Especially with the Conference League in existence now, which wasn't a thing then.
That boost will only be virtual. 4.333 is a really bad, even more so under the current format of having CL,EL and ECL.
Oh I expect them to fall back down to at least 19th by season's end.
amirbachar

Post by amirbachar »

Lorric wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 23:47
amirbachar wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 23:44
Oh I expect them to fall back down to at least 19th by season's end.
Yeah, surely every nation that needs 4.333 points themselves in order to pass them is expected to do so.
shizzle787

Post by shizzle787 »

Korgutt wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 23:23 What will happen with the clubs from Ukraine? I guess they have to finish this season to take part in the tournaments this summer/autumn?
Ukraine already abandoned its league and cup and indicated to UEFA who will qualify for each of the three competitions. However, I have a feeling Ukrainian clubs will not be playing in Europe or domestically for possibly a year or two.
Club-Mate

Post by Club-Mate »

Russia can apply for Asian Cups if they accept them! There should be no more way back to Uefa which society and values they are attacking not only since this imperialistic war. After evidence of all the war crimes International Courts will sentence them accordingly.
It is unbearable for most of us to see Russian flags waved and using our sport grounds and public places for propaganda purposes of a criminal regime. Uefa doesn't need their money we don't need their presence we do not want to see them anymore! F--ck Putin and all your colaborateurs!
Ricardo

Post by Ricardo »

This should have been done much earlier. When they invaded Georgia, took over Donbas, Crimea, was Czeczenia a souvereign country? Russia has been misbehaving for a long time and should have been excluded already a long time ago. Now you get the questions that it is much more than before.
It was the last drop in the bucket.
I just hope that this kind of behaviour will be followed with other aggressors and misbehaving countries. What if China takes over Taiwan. How will we react. Probably not, and that is sad
Ricardo

Post by Ricardo »

When Russia claims parts of Ukraine, will the football clubs in those areas also be seen as Russian? Will the points gathered by them count for the Russian coefficient?
Let's say Donetsk will be claimed by Russia, and so Shakthar will be Russian. How about the points Shakthar get in the 5years counting for the ranking. Can Russia get more than the 4.3333 points? And will Ukraine lose points because of that? Or historically those points stay with Ukraine
Forza AZ

Post by Forza AZ »

Ricardo wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 12:37 was Czeczenia a souvereign country?
No, that was already part of Russia before the war started.