Scottish football 2022/23

Domestic league and cup football
Lubomir25

Post by Lubomir25 »

Lorric wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 15:00 Yesterday Celtic conceded a '87 equaliser to Dundee United, but their trait of scoring late winners came through again, and this time they scored two, at '90 and '90+2' to win 4-2.

St. Johnstone just beat Rangers 2-1, opening up Celtic's lead to 7pts.

Rangers' performances in the CL were not what I'm used to seeing in Europe, relentlessly in the opposition's face. The opposition in the group may well have still beaten Rangers on their best day, but they were quite passive, leading to the opposition having the time on the ball to tear them apart. I still lean towards Rangers based on past performances, but no longer do I stand by the opinion Celtic could batter Rangers all season and I'd still rather play Celtic in Europe next season. Celtic in Europe this season suffered from amongst the worst finishing in the CL as shown by the XG stats put up by dragonite, but they were creating good chances throughout games and for the most part didn't stop trying and playing their game despite being well behind in some games. It will be interesting to see how both do next season, can Rangers get back what they lost and can Celtic improve with another year of their system? If they lose Ange, right now it looks more likely he'd get poached rather than sacked. His system is excellent for breaking down the SPL teams, so a 7pt lead makes them strong favourites to win the league.
I don't think Gio will survive into next season so Rangers need to get the next appointment right in order to stop the rot
Lubomir25

Post by Lubomir25 »

Bulgarian wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 15:08
Lubomir25 wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 14:56 Rangers who according to some Bulgarian are just as good as Celtic lose to St. Johnstone and are now 7 points behind. Very surprising because it's really easy to win our league. Consistency over 38 games is the easiest thing in the world in Scotland that's why Celtic and Rangers only ever lose to each other.

I shouldn't be happy my team are doing well and our rivals are failing miserably though cause that means I hate everyone :D
Im rent free in your head and its quite empty here lol.
A wee trip to the Scottish football forum? Wonder why you're in here? :banana:

The gap between Celtic and Rangers and the gap between Rangers and Aberdeen is now the same pt difference of 7
Bulgarian

Post by Bulgarian »

Lubomir25 wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 15:10
Lubomir25 wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 14:56 Rangers who according to some Bulgarian are just as good as Celtic lose to St. Johnstone and are now 7 points behind. Very surprising because it's really easy to win our league. Consistency over 38 games is the easiest thing in the world in Scotland that's why Celtic and Rangers only ever lose to each other.

I shouldn't be happy my team are doing well and our rivals are failing miserably though cause that means I hate everyone :D
I wonder why you foed me yet you answer me. Time to buy some furniture for my stay.
You just cant stand that your team while being better domestically is second best in Europe.
Lubomir25

Post by Lubomir25 »

Celtic last season were in transition and had ripped up the squad, the hope last year for the fans was the keep the race tight and maybe get one of the cups. Instead we surged to the top after a poor start and won the title. The squad has continued to improve and has been added to, the players are getting better at doing what the manager wants and are only going up at the moment. We look likely to comfortably win this league now and will have another shot at trying to make an impact on the champion league.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63533489
Lubomir25

Post by Lubomir25 »

Bulgarian wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 15:15
Lubomir25 wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 15:10

I wonder why you foed me yet you answer me. Time to buy some furniture for my stay.
You just cant stand that your team while being better domestically is second best in Europe.
It gives a notification when you respond. I find it interesting you came into the Scottish forum and felt the need to respond. I get the feeling that it's you who can't stay away not the other way around. Enjoy watching my team, Shame your country isn't worth watching.
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

Lubomir25 wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 15:09
Lorric wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 15:00 Yesterday Celtic conceded a '87 equaliser to Dundee United, but their trait of scoring late winners came through again, and this time they scored two, at '90 and '90+2' to win 4-2.

Rangers' performances in the CL were not what I'm used to seeing in Europe, relentlessly in the opposition's face. The opposition in the group may well have still beaten Rangers on their best day, but they were quite passive, leading to the opposition having the time on the ball to tear them apart. I still lean towards Rangers based on past performances, but no longer do I stand by the opinion Celtic could batter Rangers all season and I'd still rather play Celtic in Europe next season. Celtic in Europe this season suffered from amongst the worst finishing in the CL as shown by the XG stats put up by dragonite, but they were creating good chances throughout games and for the most part didn't stop trying and playing their game despite being well behind in some games. It will be interesting to see how both do next season, can Rangers get back what they lost and can Celtic improve with another year of their system? If they lose Ange, right now it looks more likely he'd get poached rather than sacked. His system is excellent for breaking down the SPL teams, so a 7pt lead makes them strong favourites to win the league.
I don't think Gio will survive into next season so Rangers need to get the next appointment right in order to stop the rot
Gio is an interesting one. He took them to a European final and their first CL qualification since their return. But on the Rangers forum they're baying for his head, and were before today. They don't like his football style, they think it's cowardly, and they don't like being dominated by Celtic. Obviously they don't like what happened in the CLGS, but I think that's the bigger part of it.
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

Lubomir25 wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 15:21 Celtic last season were in transition and had ripped up the squad, the hope last year for the fans was the keep the race tight and maybe get one of the cups. Instead we surged to the top after a poor start and won the title. The squad has continued to improve and has been added to, the players are getting better at doing what the manager wants and are only going up at the moment. We look likely to comfortably win this league now and will have another shot at trying to make an impact on the champion league.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63533489
Celtic should improve if they see the league through, thus securing another pot of CL money, providing they release some to Ange for more players to fit his system if he's still there. Abada will be a year older, I'm not familiar with the ages of other players, but it doesn't look like an old team.
Bulgarian

Post by Bulgarian »

Lubomir25 wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 15:23 It gives a notification when you respond. I find it interesting you came into the Scottish forum and felt the need to respond. I get the feeling that it's you who can't stay away not the other way around. Enjoy watching my team, Shame your country isn't worth watching.
Lmao.I dont watch Scottish league let alone your team pal even though i get it on TV for free.And what my country has to do with any of this only your pea-sized brain knows.Trying to insult anyway you can :grin1: Nice try though.
Lubomir25

Post by Lubomir25 »

Lorric wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 15:23
Lubomir25 wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 15:09

Gio is an interesting one. He took them to a European final and their first CL qualification since their return. But on the Rangers forum they're baying for his head, and were before today. They don't like his football style, they think it's cowardly, and they don't like being dominated by Celtic. Obviously they don't like what happened in the CLGS, but I think that's the bigger part of it.
His team selection has been confusing this season and the fans can't work out what sort of style he is trying to implement. They have been unlucky with injuries this season and obviously sold a couple of players but it is strange how far backwards they have went in a few months. I think if Rangers were doing well domestically the European games wouldn't hurt so much but a combination of the 2 isn't acceptable.
Lubomir25

Post by Lubomir25 »

Celtic stay 7 clear! So easy against Scotland's 2nd team
macgregorc93

Post by macgregorc93 »

Celtic crusiing this league right now and I'm loving it. Ange could be here for years and build up a dynasty, or at least move on in a more respectable manner unlike Brenden if a Premier League team opt for him.
Lubomir25

Post by Lubomir25 »

Rangers drop more points in our super easy league despite apparently being better than Celtic :lol:
Lubomir25

Post by Lubomir25 »

Celtic go into the World Cup break 9 points clear and a GD +17 better thank the 2nd best team. Surely Gio has to be sacked now, the title race is pretty much over.

Celtic collected 42/45 PTS in the first 3rd of the campaign.
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

Lubomir25 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 18:05 Celtic go into the World Cup break 9 points clear and a GD +17 better thank the 2nd best team. Surely Gio has to be sacked now, the title race is pretty much over.

I imagine crushing all the Euro fixtures together has taken a toll on both teams, your team has been grinding out narrow wins, sometimes needing late winners, instead of putting teams to the sword like you were earlier in the season.

Break now for the World Cup. Rangers fans want his head but if you were in charge at Rangers, you'll have chance to see if Gio has a plan to turn things around and regroup in this break. Also, with how poor the odds are of winning the league now, and out of Europe, it might be beneficial to see out the season and then look at options if necessary. But then there's Gerrard, his star has fallen after being sacked at Villa, but do you pick him back up while he's available? Most fans don't want him back though.
Lubomir25

Post by Lubomir25 »

Lorric wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 18:20
Lubomir25 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 18:05 Celtic go into the World Cup break 9 points clear and a GD +17 better thank the 2nd best team. Surely Gio has to be sacked now, the title race is pretty much over.

I imagine crushing all the Euro fixtures together has taken a toll on both teams, your team has been grinding out narrow wins, sometimes needing late winners, instead of putting teams to the sword like you were earlier in the season.

Break now for the World Cup. Rangers fans want his head but if you were in charge at Rangers, you'll have chance to see if Gio has a plan to turn things around and regroup in this break. Also, with how poor the odds are of winning the league now, and out of Europe, it might be beneficial to see out the season and then look at options if necessary. But then there's Gerrard, his star has fallen after being sacked at Villa, but do you pick him back up while he's available? Most fans don't want him back though.
Rangers would be better cutting their losses and giving a new manager the Jan window to start building for next season imo. Gios times up no point in letting him hang around. Rangers are currently closer to 3rd than they are 1st

Celtic have had a dip but we have the advantage of having the ability to rotate the squad without the replacements being massively different in terms of level of ability, Rangers haven't had that option due to injuries and poor recruitment along with Morelos poor attitude meaning he isn't fit either