Battles for important ranking positions 2022-2023

including formats, draws, seedings, etc.
soyderedstarbelgrade

Post by soyderedstarbelgrade »

Stojanovic Milos wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 13:05 if Basel goes to the final, can Switzerland overtake Serbia?
They can, they could overtake us even before the final, if they win both SF legs (0.5 + 0.5. 0.25 for reaching the final).

All in all, they need 4 points (1 coeff. point) to overtake Turkey and 5 points (1.25 coeff. points) to overtake Serbia.

But, Serbia is secured of 12th place which brings the same things as 11th for the 2024/25 so it doesnt actually matter for that season's allocation as far as we are concerned. What should concern us, however, is that they are already above us at the start of the next season in which we fight for the 2025/26 rankings.
Volim je do ludila
BurningStorm

Post by BurningStorm »

soyderedstarbelgrade wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 13:10
BurningStorm wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:34
amirbachar wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 23:53 And if Basel wins and draw against Fiorentina OR get to at least penalties in the final, then Switzerland are 12th.
One win (2 pts) and reaching the final (1 extra point) should be enough, no?
no, they would need one more draw.
Ah, I see. Mixed something up.
Firnen

Post by Firnen »

By the way the 2 places that Lech won for Poland with their win in Italy will send the Polish Champion starting in CLQ2 instead of CLQ1 in 2024-25, from the domino effect of removing Russia.

The champions of Hungary and Romania will have to rely on the CL TH spot being not used (which usually happens) to start from CLQ2.
eye

Post by eye »

The goal of Roma at the end of yesterday's match might cost Netherlands a lot. Without this goal the Netherlands would have taken 2 more points (1 for draw and 1 for qualification) and they would need only 4 points combined from 2 clubs which means they could have taken them even without having a club at any final. Now even if AZ gets the trophy might not be enough
TommyChat

Post by TommyChat »

eye wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 15:04 The goal of Roma at the end of yesterday's match might cost Netherlands a lot. Without this goal the Netherlands would have taken 2 more points (1 for draw and 1 for qualification) and they would need only 4 points combined from 2 clubs which means they could have taken them even without having a club at any final. Now even if AZ gets the trophy might not be enough
They would need 5 points so one had to reach the final. Now AZ needs to get all 7 points, with 6 they will be 0.064 behind
eye

Post by eye »

TommyChat wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 15:59
eye wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 15:04 The goal of Roma at the end of yesterday's match might cost Netherlands a lot. Without this goal the Netherlands would have taken 2 more points (1 for draw and 1 for qualification) and they would need only 4 points combined from 2 clubs which means they could have taken them even without having a club at any final. Now even if AZ gets the trophy might not be enough
They would need 5 points so one had to reach the final. Now AZ needs to get all 7 points, with 6 they will be 0.064 behind
That's correct. I had in my mind the AZ needs 3 wins now but forgot about the bonus point.

It is also very impressive that the Netherlands are still in fight for the 5th place at country ranking despite they have lost a club at summer qualifiers (Twente) and hadn't many points from their top ranked club (Ajax)
amenina

Post by amenina »

France is confirmed at 5th position and get the 3+1 in CL, while Netherlands will be at 6th position and get the 2+1 in CL.

Switzerland needs 1 more draw (either in SF 2nd leg or in final) to overtake Turkey for the all-important 12th position. If they get 1 more win or 2 more draws, they also overtake Serbia for 11th position.
seso

Post by seso »

Bert, is it possible to add on 'UEFA Country Coefficients' ('Cup' section) all the Cups that each club has participated in (and gained points) during the season? Or will it be too much work to modify that?

For example for 2022-23: Olympiakos CL-EL 0 5 1 0 2 4 0 4.5
bert.kassies

Post by bert.kassies »

seso wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 19:09 Bert, is it possible to add on 'UEFA Country Coefficients' ('Cup' section) all the Cups that each club has participated in (and gained points) during the season? Or will it be too much work to modify that?

seso, it is possible by adding a line for each cup. But since there is no difference between match points of each cup, for brevity I decided to put them in one line. For the qualifying rounds I don't think that is much of a problem, but I don't like it so much for the clubs that are transferred after the group stage. But that will not be possible anymore from 2024. For me, the major point of the season country coefficients is to clarify the buildup of points for the country ranking. So for the time being I leave it as is. Sorry for that.
UEFA European Cup Football for all UEFA coefficients and rankings
seso

Post by seso »

bert.kassies wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 19:56
seso wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 19:09 Bert, is it possible to add on 'UEFA Country Coefficients' ('Cup' section) all the Cups that each club has participated in (and gained points) during the season? Or will it be too much work to modify that?

seso, it is possible by adding a line for each cup. But since there is no difference between match points of each cup, for brevity I decided to put them in one line. For the qualifying rounds I don't think that is much of a problem, but I don't like it so much for the clubs that are transferred after the group stage. But that will not be possible anymore from 2024. For me, the major point of the season country coefficients is to clarify the buildup of points for the country ranking. So for the time being I leave it as is. Sorry for that.
Thank you for the great site, Bert! :smile1:
amenina

Post by amenina »

With Basel knocked out, Turkey kept its 12th position for the 2024/25 access list.

So all important ranking positions have been decided. The only "unimportant" ranking to decide is whether Italy can overtake Germany for 3rd place.

They need to gain approximate 0.7 coefficient points, that is equivalent to 5 match points (remember, there are no bonus points for winning the title). So Italy needs 2 wins and a draw in the 3 finals (after 90 minutes or extra time).
fabiomh

Post by fabiomh »

amenina wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 08:23 With Basel knocked out, Turkey kept its 12th position for the 2024/25 access list.

So all important ranking positions have been decided. The only "unimportant" ranking to decide is whether Italy can overtake Germany for 3rd place.

They need to gain approximate 0.7 coefficient points, that is equivalent to 5 match points (remember, there are no bonus points for winning the title). So Italy needs 2 wins and a draw in the 3 finals (after 90 minutes or extra time).
I would say that it is quite impossible Italy will overtake Germany 3rd in 2023 Ranking.
Italy will overtake Germany at the beginning of 2023-24 season in 2024 Ranking, after discarding 19/20 coefficients. But it will be only the opening ranking, and the final ranking matters only.
Hope for more partecipants in the next Prediction Game
Fotcalc

Post by Fotcalc »

UEFA has removed Russia coefficient points for this season on their website!
https://www.uefa.com/nationalassociations/uefarankings/

I have not found any more info on this.
Firnen

Post by Firnen »

Excellent news, hopefully UEFA is starting to accept that Russia is not coming back for years!
eye

Post by eye »

Fotcalc wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 16:09 UEFA has removed Russia coefficient points for this season on their website!
https://www.uefa.com/nationalassociations/uefarankings/

I have not found any more info on this.
Still at the note after the table UEFA claims that Russia will get 4.333 points. I assume the table is created automatically by calculating the points based on results and since Russia has no clubs participating they needed to add it manually but obviously they have forgotten to do it. Unless UEFA decided not to award points to Russia at all but they forgot to remove the note :D