Matchday 20

League table

Results

Stal Mielec - Raków Częstochowa 0:0
Attendance: 4330

Lechia Gdańsk - Widzew Łódź 0:0
Attendance: 9423

Śląsk Wrocław - Korona Kielce 1:1
John Yeboah 68' - Jakub Łukowski 87' (penalty)
Attendance: 5224

Wisła Płock - Lech Poznań 0:1
Radosław Murawski 20'
Attendance: 4011

Jagiellonia Białystok - Pogoń Szczecin 2:0
Tomasz Kupisz 58', Jesús Imaz 78'
Attendance: 5450

Zagłębie Lubin - Piast Gliwice 0:2
Damian Kądzior 13', Kamil Wilczek 38'
Attendance: 4116

Górnik Zabrze - Radomiak Radom 0:0
Attendance: 7134

Legia Warszawa - Cracovia 2:2
Maik Nawrocki 80', Tomáš Pekhart 87' - Michał Rakoczy 9', Jakub Jugas 82'
Attendance: 15 182

Warta Poznań - Miedź Legnica 1:1
Miłosz Szczepański 74' - Kamil Drygas 62'
Attendance: 1014

Top scorers:
9 - Davo (Wisła Płock), Saïd Hamulic (Stal Mielec), Jesús Imaz (Jagiellonia Białystok), Mikael Ishak (Lech Poznań), Jakub Łukowski (Korona Kielce)
8 - Kamil Grosicki (Pogoń Szczecin), Marc Gual (Jagiellonia Białystok), Szymon Włodarczyk (Górnik Zabrze)
7 - Bartosz Nowak (Górnik Zabrze, Raków Częstochowa), Kamil Wilczek (Piast Gliwice)

Last week I described Jagiellonia and Piast as main candidates to be relegated. Both won this weekend :amstupid: But their overall situation is different. Jagiellonia collects points, but is still the worst team to watch. If you ask me whose performance is more promising, I would say Pogoń, who had advantage all the time, but missed in incredible ways, while Jagiellonia scored on their only two opportunities. Of course the result is clear, but good or bad luck might reverse at some point.

Meanwhile Piast are doing really well and finally managed to win this year. Zagłębie will need Jakub Świerczok more than I thought, although he will need some time as he hasn't been allowed to play for over a year. I am also a one step closer to agree that Górnik can be involved in the battle until the end of the season. They produced clearly the worst show this weekend. Radomiak participated in it too, but they are safe in the middle of the table. Górnik is going to Częstochowa next week...

Which might be not so scary at all. Raków haven't woken up yet, but they can still afford it. Legia could have put pressure on them, but missed another penalty (Josué) and lost second goal immediately after equalizing. With that sort of mistakes it will be very hard to win frequently.

Last but not least, a small report about Lech before their first leg vs Bodø/Glimt. Their results seem to improve, but performance on the pitch doesn't. Wasting chances is not their only problem like one could think. This time keeper Bednarek was their hero and it's hard to explain how Wisła didn't draw or win that. Missing sitters was trademark of this weekend overall. Anyway, Lech started making errors in the defense, which they haven't been doing for a long time. Many of their Portuguese players are out of shape. LB Rebocho is out of the starting XI and coach van den Brom prefers to field RB Czerwiński there instead. van den Brom also decided to basically cross out Amaral, who is unhappy again without being given full trust from the coach. Afonso Sousa still can't play any significant role in the team. As a result, young Marchwiński and Szymczak are playing much recently, which doesn't make the team stronger in my opinion. Skóraś and Ishak used to play better as well. But in Europe it often looks completely different so it might be the case on Thursday too.
Greyn

Post by Greyn »

I was shocked watching Zagłębie - Piast. I expected Zagłębie to win, but the run of play was completely different. Particularly in the 1st half it was a total domination by Piast, who created chance after chance while Zagłębie were unable to leave their half of the pitch and often hit the ball in all directions.

Raków looks really poor, it is not same team which impressed football fans in Poland. Perhaps I should be happy with that because it opens a chance for Legia to win the title, but... I do not believe that with this squad and potential Legia will be able to make a successful chase, therefore I am not happy with the current Raków's form. They will be the champions most likely and, as always, we need a strong Polish champions to collect points in Europe.

If Legia "lose" Mladenović after the end of this season, it will not be a tragedy since he may be replaced quite easily, but if Josue leaves the club, it will be a huge problem. He is the team leader, playmaker, brain and a player responsible for Legia's entire offensive play, literally almost every action starts with Josue having the ball. After his possible/quite likely departure, Kosta Runjaić will have to change the tactics and entire system of play. Certainly it would not help to prepare the team for the European football, especially in such a short period of time. Knowing Runjaić and his intelligence, I bet he already has a "plan B" in case Josue will leave.
Greyn

Post by Greyn »

Lech has overtaken Legia in the UEFA Team Ranking after 8 years of being behind.

I made a (poor) meme due to this "occasion".

Juliusz

Post by Juliusz »

Matchday 21

League table

Results

Cracovia - Stal Mielec 2:1
Otar Kakabadze 47', Patryk Makuch 85' - Kōki Hinokio 37'
Attendance: 7139

Widzew Łódź - Śląsk Wrocław 1:0
Kristoffer Hansen 90'+3
Attendance: 17 099

Korona Kielce - Lechia Gdańsk 1:0
Ronaldo Deaconu 37'
Attendance: 6568

Raków Częstochowa - Górnik Zabrze 2:0
Vladislavs Gutkovskis 10', Jean Carlos 90'+5
Attendance: 5416

Pogoń Szczecin - Warta Poznań 3:1
Leonárdo Koútris 5', Luka Zahovič 54', Kamil Grosicki 56' - Maciej Żurawski 38'
Attendance: 9482

Miedź Legnica - Wisła Płock 2:1
Ángelo Henríquez 45'+1 (penalty), Nemanja Mijušković 61' - Marko Kolar 22'
Attendance: 3739

Lech Poznań - Zagłębie Lubin 1:2
Artur Sobiech 45' - Dawid Kurminowski 23', Łukasz Łakomy 35'
Attendance: 13 074

Piast Gliwice - Legia Warszawa 0:1
Josué 76' (penalty)
Attendance: 5753

Radomiak Radom - Jagiellonia Białystok 0:0
Attendance: 2275

Top scorers:
9 - Davo (Wisła Płock), Kamil Grosicki (Pogoń Szczecin), Saïd Hamulic (Stal Mielec), Jesús Imaz (Jagiellonia Białystok), Mikael Ishak (Lech Poznań), Jakub Łukowski (Korona Kielce)
8 - Marc Gual (Jagiellonia Białystok), Szymon Włodarczyk (Górnik Zabrze)
7 - Ángelo Henríquez (Miedź Legnica), Josué (Legia Warszawa), Bartosz Nowak (Górnik Zabrze, Raków Częstochowa), Kamil Wilczek (Piast Gliwice)

Look what is going on at the bottom. Nobody wants to be relegated and everyone does everything to avoid it. Maybe apart from Górnik - like every week, I have to give @Greyn credit, as he mentioned it some time ago. This time they played vs Raków away, which was insanely hard (Raków has 10-1-0 home record this season, 13-1-0 including ECL). So it's quite obvious they didn't win, but they were very, very poor and missed their few chances in an awful way.

Anyway, the fight for avoiding relegation will be extremely exciting. I regularly follow teams which are going to qualify for Europe, but this fight among the weakest is fascinating most of the time. This week, the main event was victory of Zagłębie. Lech changed their line-up a lot before second leg vs Bodø/Glimt. When they started attacking after 20 minutes, they were immediately punished by Zagłębie's counterattacks, which were created beautifully. Lech had their main players on the pitch in the second half and had a huge advantage. As usual, they missed some sitters.

There was a controversy as well. Ishak scored an equalizer, but it was cancelled for a handball. No replay is a 100% evidence that he touched the ball with his hand, but it can't be ruled out for sure either. VAR (Marciniak) was involved, but couldn't provide the ref with a certain decision. Personally, I wouldn't cancel it, but all those replays might be really tricky. There were some excuses from Marciniak that there are not enough cameras at matches played outside prime time, like this one. I don't think it could help either, but anyway - Lech need to blame themselves for an utter ineffectiveness. Their home vs away record is astounding as well:

In the league, they have 5-1-5 home record, were eliminated from the cup as well and lost the super cup. In CL and ECL, they have 6-1-0 (only Hapoel Beer Sheva drew there).
Away, they have 5-5-0 in the league and are extending their all time league record (16 away games without a defeat). In CL and ECL, they have 0-5-3 and extending their all time negative European record (11 away games without a win).

This is really hard to explain, but hopefully their European streak will continue as they play Bodø/Glimt in Poznań. It will be close to full house and top attendance in this week's ECL matches.
Greyn

Post by Greyn »

Relegation battle should be indeed interesting until the end. Before it was resumed after the winter break, I thought that 3 relegated clubs will be Miedź, Korona + one more club I was unable to predict. After 4 matchdays were played, “all I know is that I know nothing”. This last win for Miedź vs Wisła Płock was absolutely crucial, they still have a 'contact' with rest of the stake. Korona collected 7 points in last 3 matches - I am very surprised to say the least. Looking at the standings in the 1. Liga, Ruch are on its way to return to Ekstraklasa, while Górnik collected only 2 points in 4 matches this year (worst result along with Stal Mielec). Ruch Chorzów replacing Górnik Zabrze in the top tier would not be exactly my dream scenario, quite opposite to Ruch fans and their expectations, who would be in seventh heaven if it happens. Still many matchdays remained to be played and everything can happen, particularly in Ekstraklasa.
Juliusz

Post by Juliusz »

Matchday 22

League table

Results

Jagiellonia Białystok - Raków Częstochowa 1:2
Jesús Imaz 3' - Jean Carlos 38', Tomáš Petrášek 75'
Attendance: 6547

Legia Warszawa - Widzew Łódź 2:2
Paweł Wszołek 18', Marek Hanousek 76' (own goal) - Kristoffer Hansen 70', Bartłomiej Pawłowski 83'
Attendance: 27 522

Piast Gliwice - Cracovia 2:1
Grzegorz Tomasiewicz 47', Patryk Dziczek 56' (penalty) - Arttu Hoskonen 64'
Attendance: 3356

Warta Poznań - Korona Kielce 5:1
Yevgeniy Shikavka 8' (own goal), Jan Grzesik 31', Miłosz Szczepański 45', 60', Robert Ivanov 73' - Kacper Kostorz 90'+1
Attendance: 1017

Lechia Gdańsk - Radomiak Radom 1:3
Łukasz Zwoliński 82' (penalty) - Leonardo Rocha 21', 52' (penalty), Dawid Abramowicz 41'
Attendance: 5189

Stal Mielec - Górnik Zabrze 0:1
Anthony van den Hurk 76'
Attendance: 4756

Wisła Płock - Pogoń Szczecin 0:1
Vahan Bichakhchyan 90'+4
Attendance: 4034

Śląsk Wrocław - Lech Poznań 2:1
Erik Expósito 34', John Yeboah 57' - Michał Skóraś 88'
Attendance: 13 922

Zagłębie Lubin - Miedź Legnica 2:1
Kacper Chodyna 52', Jarosław Jach 82' - Luciano Narsingh 90'+1
Attendance: 6983

Top scorers:
10 - Jesús Imaz (Jagiellonia Białystok)
9 - Davo (Wisła Płock), Kamil Grosicki (Pogoń Szczecin), Saïd Hamulic (Stal Mielec), Mikael Ishak (Lech Poznań), Jakub Łukowski (Korona Kielce)
8 - Marc Gual (Jagiellonia Białystok), Szymon Włodarczyk (Górnik Zabrze)
7 - Ángelo Henríquez (Miedź Legnica), Josué (Legia Warszawa), Bartosz Nowak (Górnik Zabrze, Raków Częstochowa), Bartłomiej Pawłowski (Widzew Łódź), Kamil Wilczek (Piast Gliwice), Łukasz Zwoliński (Lechia Gdańsk)

Another exciting round of football. It all started with Ekstraklasa trademark, which was a goal by Imaz scored as he tried to make a cross. Raków equalized with a beautiful shot by Jean Carlos, who has a promising start in the new team (he joined in winter from Pogoń). In the end, Raków won thanks to a header of their tall defender Petrášek.

Raków has again 9 points advantage above Legia. The latter had a great atmosphere at the stadium, and the match was entertaining until the end too. Both teams could be proud of their performance, but no one can be satisfied. Legia had advantage for a long time, but weren't able to kill the game. They had this issue before as well. Widzew, on the other hand, could have scored a winning goal in the added time, but Hansen decided to finish himself instead of passing.

There were incredible scenes in Grodzisk Wielkopolski as Warta scored 5 goals from 5 shots on target. Three or four of them were clear gifts from Korona defenders or keeper. That was the worst team performance this year, despite Korona being in nice shape last weeks.

Radomiak finally conceded a goal this year and it was after a stupid penalty when they were leading 3-0. Lechia had nothing to say in this match and coach Marcin Kaczmarek is rumored to be dismissed soon, although he improved results during his stay.

Górnik won vs Stal, but they didn't improve at all. They scored on their only chance which was a fatal error by Stal keeper. There was a controversial call when an equalizer by Stal was cancelled. There was allegedly a foul, but before the game was resumed. It was kinda soft, but anyway, after a long chaos and analysis, the corner was ordered to be retaken and no goal for Stal. They follow the pattern in which they are very poor in spring. They need one or two successful games to be safe, but they aren't able to achieve that and have to slowly look downwards.

Lech lost to Śląsk for the third time this season! (twice in the league and once in the cup). This is unbelievable, as Śląsk beat them or Pogoń, draw vs Legia, but they also lose vs Miedź or draw vs Korona. An early red card for Murawski ruined the plan for Lech. Performance of Marchwiński, Tsitaishvili or Holec didn't help either. Lech coach van den Brom changed line-up a lot and was defeated another time. He even had to field in Amaral, who was basically out of the team, and produced an assist. I would like to see Lech qualify for ECL quarter-finals, they can still reach top 3 easily, but their last league matches were worrying. If they are still involved in two competitions, they might not handle it.

This week cup quarter-finals will be played. We start today with Lechia Zielona Góra (4th tier) vs Legia and Pogoń Siedlce (3) vs Górnik Łęczna (2). Tomorrow KKS Kalisz (3) will play Śląsk and Motor (3) will host Raków.
Juliusz

Post by Juliusz »

Polish Cup quarter-finals - results

Lechia Zielona Góra - Legia Warszawa 0:3
Pogoń Siedlce - Górnik Łęczna 0:1
KKS Kalisz - Śląsk Wrocław 3:0
Motor Lublin - Raków Częstochowa 0:3

Last time I told you about Śląsk, who can beat top teams in the league, but lose or draw vs the weakest. They had a solid run in the cup but it's over. KKS Kalisz humiliated them and the result is not by accident at all. KKS even managed to keep their performance despite finishing down to 10 men. It's hard to believe that Śląsk played ECL qualifying 1.5 years ago, same did Lechia last summer...

Legia and Raków did their job as the favourites and Górnik Łęczna won their balanced match after a set piece. For Górnik and KKS it is the best result in their history in the cup.

Semi-finals will be drawn on Friday at 12:00 CET.
Juliusz

Post by Juliusz »

Polish Cup semi-finals - result of the draw

KKS 1925 Kalisz - Legia Warszawa
Górnik Łęczna - Raków Częstochowa

Matches to be played on 4 and 5 April.
Greyn

Post by Greyn »

People usually like when clubs from lower tiers eliminate clubs from top tier and reach late stages of the cup and, generally, I am one of them. However, if quarter-finals consist of 3 Ekstraklasa clubs and 5 non-Ekstraklasa clubs, then it is nothing but weakness of Ekstraklasa. Just when I thought that the level of this league is improving...

As for the semi-finals, unless something unexpected happens, we will have a nice clash in the final between Raków, who won last 2 editions of Polish Cup, and Legia who are by far the most successful club in this competition winning a total number of 19 editions. Still matches have to be played and I remember that a few years ago a 3rd tier club, Błękitni Stargard Szczeciński, almost eliminated Lech Poznań in the semi-final, who progressed to the final AET and 'thanks to' red card shown early in the 2nd leg in Poznań to one of Błękitni player. After a quick check it was 2014/15 season, 1st leg: Błękitni - Lech 3-1, 2nd leg: Lech - Błękitni 5-1 AET.
Juliusz

Post by Juliusz »

Matchday 23

League table

Results

Stal Mielec - Piast Gliwice 0:2
Patryk Dziczek 80' (penalty), Kamil Wilczek 88'
Attendance: 3661

Lech Poznań - Lechia Gdańsk 5:0
Antonio Milić 25', Michał Skóraś 44', Mikael Ishak 67', Kristoffer Velde 83', 88'
Attendance: 12 542

Widzew Łódź - Warta Poznań 0:2
Adam Zreľák 12', Maciej Żurawski 65'
Attendance: 17 829

Korona Kielce - Wisła Płock 1:0
Piotr Malarczyk 67'
Attendance: 5834

Górnik Zabrze - Legia Warszawa 0:1
Tomáš Pekhart 38'
Attendance: 21 396

Miedź Legnica - Jagiellonia Białystok 1:1
Nemanja Mijušković 29' - Nené 24'
Attendance: 3719

Pogoń Szczecin - Raków Częstochowa 0:2
Vladyslav Kochergin 39', Jean Carlos 53'
Attendance: 19 083

Cracovia - Śląsk Wrocław 1:1
Mateusz Bochnak 54' - Łukasz Bejger 9'
Attendance: 7116

Radomiak Radom - Zagłębie Lubin 0:1
Damjan Bohar 33'
Attendance: 2605

Top scorers:
10 - Jesús Imaz (Jagiellonia Białystok), Mikael Ishak (Lech Poznań)
9 - Davo (Wisła Płock), Kamil Grosicki (Pogoń Szczecin), Saïd Hamulic (Stal Mielec), Jakub Łukowski (Korona Kielce)
8 - Marc Gual (Jagiellonia Białystok), Kamil Wilczek (Piast Gliwice), Szymon Włodarczyk (Górnik Zabrze)
7 - Ángelo Henríquez (Miedź Legnica), Josué (Legia Warszawa), Bartosz Nowak (Górnik Zabrze, Raków Częstochowa), Bartłomiej Pawłowski (Widzew Łódź), Łukasz Zwoliński (Lechia Gdańsk)

Raków appear to be unstoppable now. Pogoń lose vs them frequently, but they were one of few teams who thought they would be able to compete with Raków. Jean Carlos scored another beautiful goal and works a lot in the defense too. Raków don't even need Ivi López or Bartosz Nowak to be in their best shape. As I wrote here in autumn, they are excellent as a team.

Legia maintain the distance, but main theme around their match is the referee. Bartosz Frankowski was assigned to their match after 1.5 years and instead of calming down the tension, he escalated it. He gave only a yellow card to Mvondo, who kicked Josue when Legia were celebrating their goal. He didn't expel van den Hurk as well, either for elbowing Augustyniak in his face (who lost his teeth; just a yellow) or for diving (no card). Josue picked two cards instead, although they were deserved. Legia collect points regularly and haven't lost for a long time. Normally their amount of points would be enough for first place or being close to it, but Raków is at a different level.

Lech finally won comfortably. They simply destroyed Lechia, even taking into account that guests conceded some ridiculous goals, i.e. Kuciak kicking the ball at Skóraś. Hopefully they will play the same way vs Djurgården on Thursday. The attendance should be even higher than vs Bodø/Glimt.

In other matches, Miedź is closer to be relegated in my opinion. They missed some perfect situations vs Jagiellonia, which you can't afford in their situation. Lechia is dull as the results show... And the two meet each other on Friday. There are teams to praise at the bottom though. Piast are playing well, Korona are fighting, and Zagłębie won three matches in a row.

In lower divisions, we have a scandal in Motor Lublin. Coach Gonçalo Feio hit the club president over his head with a tray for documents, which sent him to the hospital. He is a very competent coach and made great progress with the team, who like to work with him. However, he is rude and violent towards many other people at the club. We will see how this ends. We had many crazy coaches here, but Feio had his scandals at Wisła Kraków and Raków already. As for now enough is enough.

This week the postponed match from matchday 19 will be played, Wisła Płock vs Warta. Wednesday 8 March, KO 18:45 CET.
Greyn

Post by Greyn »

Juliusz wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 23:28
In other matches, Miedź is closer to be relegated in my opinion. They missed some perfect situations vs Jagiellonia, which you can't afford in their situation. Lechia is dull as the results show... And the two meet each other on Friday. There are teams to praise at the bottom though. Piast are playing well, Korona are fighting, and Zagłębie won three matches in a row.
If Miedź does not grab 3 points vs Lechia, they are almost done. They have to take advantage of their crisis otherwise I can't see them avoiding relegation. With 11 matchdays to go, they have 6 points less than Górnik who occupies last safe place and I don't think they have potential to win a few matches in a row or have a streak of winning at home and drawing away. Although, after following what Schalke is doing right now in Bundesliga... who knows.

As for Mr. Frankowski - I don't see a need to write anything more, particularly because complaining about him by me would be taken as a biased opinion. This guy is simply unbelievable, he clearly has some sort of mental problem with Legia. I hope he won't be picked as the referee for Legia matches for another 15 years instead of 1.5, so untill he retires.
Juliusz

Post by Juliusz »

Matchday 19 - postponed match

League table

Result

Wisła Płock - Warta Poznań 1:0
Mateusz Szwoch 54'
Attendance: 3111

Top scorers:
9 - Davo (Wisła Płock), Kamil Grosicki (Pogoń Szczecin), Saïd Hamulic (Stal Mielec), Jakub Łukowski (Korona Kielce)
8 - Marc Gual (Jagiellonia Białystok), Kamil Wilczek (Piast Gliwice), Szymon Włodarczyk (Górnik Zabrze)
7 - Ángelo Henríquez (Miedź Legnica), Josué (Legia Warszawa), Bartosz Nowak (Górnik Zabrze, Raków Częstochowa), Bartłomiej Pawłowski (Widzew Łódź), Łukasz Zwoliński (Lechia Gdańsk)

Wisła won after five straight games lost. It was against Warta, who are the second best away team and were praised a lot recently :dontknow: Warta had it difficult in last 30 minutes as Niilo Mäenpää was sent off.

In Lublin, a press conference with club owner took place. The president is suspended, press officer (who was insulted by Feio) left Motor, and the coach stays at the club. He can still be disqualified by PZPN and he could be expelled from UEFA PRO course though. It's rare to see a coach with such a strong position that allows him to terrorize the club, but this is the case.
Greyn wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 01:09 As for Mr. Frankowski - I don't see a need to write anything more, particularly because complaining about him by me would be taken as a biased opinion. This guy is simply unbelievable, he clearly has some sort of mental problem with Legia. I hope he won't be picked as the referee for Legia matches for another 15 years instead of 1.5, so untill he retires.
I would expect Frankowski not to referee any match at this level anymore. He made a lot of mistakes in other matches as well. He even spoilt the finish of last season in Czechia. Instead, he was appointed for Anderlecht - Villarreal match in ECL. Unbelievable :upset:
Juliusz

Post by Juliusz »

Matchday 24

League table

Results

Lechia Gdańsk - Miedź Legnica 4:0
Łukasz Zwoliński 48', 88' (penalty), İlkay Durmuş 75', Flávio Paixão 90'+4
Attendance: 5673

Raków Częstochowa - Śląsk Wrocław 4:1
Vladyslav Kochergin 36', Ivi López 49', 62', Bartosz Nowak 55' - John Yeboah 68'
Attendance: 5500

Korona Kielce - Radomiak Radom 2:1
Yevgeniy Shikavka 44', Kacper Kostorz 90'+3 - Leonardo Rocha 6'
Attendance: 10 273

Zagłębie Lubin - Pogoń Szczecin 0:1
Marcel Wędrychowski 90'+2
Attendance: 5042

Jagiellonia Białystok - Górnik Zabrze 2:1
Nené 28', Marc Gual 45'+2 - Lukas Podolski 24'
Attendance: 5673

Warta Poznań - Cracovia 0:0
Attendance: 1547

Piast Gliwice - Lech Poznań 1:1
Michał Chrapek 64' - Nika Kvekveskiri 90'+3
Attendance: 5448

Legia Warszawa - Stal Mielec 2:0
Tomáš Pekhart 49', Filip Mladenović 85'
Attendance: 16 164

Wisła Płock - Widzew Łódź 1:1
Rafał Wolski 40' - Jordi Sánchez 90'+6
Attendance: 4232

Top scorers:
9 - Davo (Wisła Płock), Kamil Grosicki (Pogoń Szczecin), Marc Gual (Jagiellonia Białystok), Saïd Hamulic (Stal Mielec), Jakub Łukowski (Korona Kielce), Łukasz Zwoliński (Lechia Gdańsk)
8 - Bartosz Nowak (Górnik Zabrze, Raków Częstochowa), Kamil Wilczek (Piast Gliwice), Szymon Włodarczyk (Górnik Zabrze)

You can't bury anyone before it's mathematically done. But Miedź are basically in I liga. A team that loses 0-4 to this Lechia just shouldn't stay in Ekstraklasa. It doesn't seem like they learned anything from their previous participation in 2018/19.

Apart from Luciano Narsingh, we can have another famous player relegated from Ekstraklasa, who might be Lukas Podolski. To be honest, any random result vs Jagiellonia was possible. It was mainly matter of bad luck and on the other the day they might have won. Actually it doesn't matter as they are in relegation zone now. There are many strange rumours about the coaches, who are likely to be sacked. Gaul from Górnik, Stolarczyk from Jagiellonia (despite the win), Majewski from Stal and Kaczmarek from Lechia are candidates, but there are many different circumstances. Probably they will wait until international break at some clubs.

Raków is one step closer to the title and Legia to finish 2nd. But it's not so easy to predict what happens on places 3-4 (probably 4th place will grant ECL berth). Lech are the favorites, but could have problems dealing with both ECL and Ekstraklasa. They grabbed a point vs Piast in the last moment with a shot from distance. Such away matches, especially on a dreadful pitch, are even harder to win three days after an ECL match. Lech will play important matches in the league very soon. Three days after Djurgården second leg, they play away vs Widzew. Then, after international break, at home vs Pogoń. After possible ECL QF second leg, away vs Legia. They will either come closer to securing ECL place for next season or the fight vs Pogoń and Widzew will be even more interesting.
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

Juliusz wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 00:47 Korona Kielce - Radomiak Radom 2:1
That must have been a sweet victory to take the club out of the relegation zone with an injury time winner in front of a crowd that was about double the size of the crowds in all but one of the games.

I nipped onto YouTube to watch the winner, the guy twisted and turned a defender inside out and set up a point blank tap in with the game played with lots of snow and wind by the look of it.
Juliusz

Post by Juliusz »

Lorric wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 01:15
Juliusz wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 00:47 Korona Kielce - Radomiak Radom 2:1
That must have been a sweet victory to take the club out of the relegation zone with an injury time winner in front of a crowd that was about double the size of the crowds in all but one of the games.

I nipped onto YouTube to watch the winner, the guy twisted and turned a defender inside out and set up a point blank tap in with the game played with lots of snow and wind by the look of it.
Korona and Radomiak are local rivals, so for fans it was one of the most important matches of the season. The former are doing really well, they are showing great character and play nice football at the same time. It's one of the biggest positive surprises this spring.