UEFA Champions League 2022/23 3rd qualifying round

Champions League, Europa League, Conference League
Juliusz

Post by Juliusz »

Diouf wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 23:07 Went to Randers to see FC Midtjylland - Benfica. Less lopsided than last week. It helped that Neres wasn't there to terrorize the Midtjylland defenders. And FC Midtjylland had Evander and Oynedika back in central midfield, which also lifted the quality, at least for the half Evander lasted. FCM did create a few fine chances, but got too little out of 12 corners and several long throw-ins. Diogo Goncalves 3-1 goal was a real pearl of a long shot.
Oh, why not Herning? I must have missed something.
Club-Mate

Post by Club-Mate »

Red card and missing the offensive power Jantscher, Keitashvili in both matches plus Hjølund in 2nd half was too much against a good and fitter Dynamo. Expect a better EL campain than last year despite starting again in pot 4.
Why does Sturm only get strong teams to play against: Ajax 3 yrs ago Real Sociedad, PSV and Monaco last year, Dynamo this season.
Last edited by Club-Mate on Tue Aug 09, 2022 23:15, edited 1 time in total.
BurningStorm

Post by BurningStorm »

Monaco and CL qualification, they are not best friends. They already wasted a lot of huge chances against Shakhtar 1y ago. Not a surprise they hope for a EL winner who is already in the CL, didn't work the second time in a row.
NederPAOKtzis

Post by NederPAOKtzis »

nogomet wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 23:03 This is the least exciting CL-Q3 in a long time. Not a single true surprise, which is very rare.
PSV - Monaco was no surprise game but what an exciting game and for the fans of PSV and the 47 Monaco hooligans that matt mentioned not good for their heart.
PAOK is not a club. PAOK is a cultural phenomenon.
Sillu1991

Post by Sillu1991 »

Firnen wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 23:06 PSV beat Monaco.

France keeps failing in Qualifiers, but no worries, UEFA "rewarded" them with another direct place in the new system !
Who do you want to give it then? They are in 5th best county according to coefficent. Sometimes it is just like that.
gukfvaEU

Post by gukfvaEU »

Juliusz wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 23:01 CL anthem in two Polish cities this season: Warsaw (Shakhtar) and Łódź (Dynamo) :wink:
It is not Polish anymore :banana: just Poles are our sponsors
OlliWender

Post by OlliWender »

I like it that we have another country apart from France or Portugal getting a second CL team now.
BurningStorm

Post by BurningStorm »

ultra2013 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 23:02 Distinguished victory from Rangers. That stadium can be a good addition to UCL. Strong teams from Germany like Dortmund and Leipzig already lost there. I hope Rangers in the group of Bayern, Frankfurt or Leverkusen.
Dortmund didn't lose there, it was 2-2. 'Only' the first leg was shameful, hopefully with Terzic they show performances like two years ago under him in the CL. In his first term he was two classes better than Rose, at least in UEFA competitions. And I remember a Leverkusen win at Ibrox not that long ago, but it seems like under van Bronckhorst they are a tougher nut to crack.
paddymcp

Post by paddymcp »

BurningStorm wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 23:12 Monaco and CL qualification, they are not best friends. They already wasted a lot of huge chances against Shakhtar 1y ago. Not a surprise they hope for a EL winner who is already in the CL, didn't work the second time in a row.
Would rather PSV go through than Monaco. PSV are a real club Monaco is just a rich mans toy with no real fan tradition.
Firnen

Post by Firnen »

Sillu1991 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 23:14

France keeps failing in Qualifiers, but no worries, UEFA "rewarded" them with another direct place in the new system !
Who do you want to give it then? They are in 5th best county according to coefficent. Sometimes it is just like that.
Nobody. Give another spot to the Champions Qualifiers.
BurningStorm

Post by BurningStorm »

paddymcp wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 23:21
BurningStorm wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 23:12 Monaco and CL qualification, they are not best friends. They already wasted a lot of huge chances against Shakhtar 1y ago. Not a surprise they hope for a EL winner who is already in the CL, didn't work the second time in a row.
Would rather PSV go through than Monaco. PSV are a real club Monaco is just a rich mans toy with no real fan tradition.
I was rooting for PSV as well. Well, I like Monaco's young German keeper Nübel, but I prefer full stadiums in CL.
Ricardo

Post by Ricardo »

Well one of the two failures had to qualify this time :)
Can't understand how PSV won this, they played terrible. If you compare it with the match vs Ajax. Did Monaco had the plan to stop PSV?
To be honest Monac ruled on the midfield, but did not create that many chances either, though they could move on to the 16 easily.
I hope they will play better vs Rangers. The 'airforce'of De Jong and Til are not as effective vs. Rangers, but we'll see.
I am happy that PSV is through, but very unhappy by how they performed...
Sillu1991

Post by Sillu1991 »

Firnen wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 23:21
Sillu1991 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 23:14

Nobody. Give another spot to the Champions Qualifiers.
You may be right about that.
Forza AZ

Post by Forza AZ »

Juliusz wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 23:10 Oh, why not Herning? I must have missed something.
Midtjylland's stadium is used for the 2022 FEI World Equestrian Games.
Stephenmoka4

Post by Stephenmoka4 »

Club-Mate wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 23:11
Why does Sturm only get strong teams to play against: Ajax 3 yrs ago Real Sociedad, PSV and Monaco last year, Dynamo this season.
If they can't defeat those teams, UCL GS might not be a good place to start (if they win Austria league).