UEFA Champions League 2022/23 3rd qualifying round

Champions League, Europa League, Conference League
Forza AZ

Post by Forza AZ »

air wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 23:00 If I am not wrong, this whole grouping was needed to seperate Qarabag and Pyunik. They could simply start the draw with Qarabag, and adding all unseeded except Pyunik into a hat to be drawn.

And then continue with no groups.
They could also do like they do in the EL-Q3 draw. Just move the away team to the next match if Qarabag and Pyunik are drawn together.
quelhar

Post by quelhar »

Juliusz wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 16:48 It's hard to rate Viktoria properly, but I'm concerned about their last European performances. If it was Slavia - then sure, one of the strongest seeds, but I have a feeling that Viktoria is a lower level despite winning the league ahead of them.
To be honest, it is hard to rate Viktoria properly even for czech fans... Tomas Danicek, who runs the Twitter account "@czechfooty" just published an in-depth english preview of Plzeň: https://tdanicekt.medium.com/2022-23-te ... 03fbe2578d
Reading through it you end up exactly where you started - questions, questions, questions. I think Plzeň will win over HJK but they are quality-wise on a lower side of seeds in CLQ3. Still, they are hard to play against, very good and organized defensively, at least they were last season.
SK Slavia Praha fan
Bulgarian

Post by Bulgarian »

Firnen wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 18:36 For Olympiacos, I want a re-match with Ludogorets.
Well guess what we DONT want you :grin1:
edit:For Ludo id take (shockingly) Qarabag/Zurich.They already had their matches with Dinamo in the past when they were new and on the up.And while theyve played Zurich before they havent played Qarabag so that would be nice.
Unless Shamrock have other plans of course.
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

The coefficient numbers of group stage teams are amazingly high this year, also something I haven't seen before is only one team in the top 3 pots is not an auto qualifier, and that team is Benfica, in pot 3. Rangers are top of pot 4, so I'll be hoping for someone to take Benfica out! Obviously, Rangers must also qualify. Rangers' 50.250 would ordinarily put them in pot 3. In the past, Celtic's 33.000 might have been enough to challenge for pot 3 in certain years. Here, it puts them bottom of pot 4!
Club-Mate

Post by Club-Mate »

pot 3 looks very strong this time. Remodelled Dortmund got great signings esp. forwards. Bayer on an upward trend, Inter very strong. Napoli, Salzburg, Benfica (if qualifies) and Sporting are no walkovers for many pot 1 and 2 teams. Only Shaktar looks weaker this time but still good enough to catch place 3 in the group.
Firnen

Post by Firnen »

Olympiacos/Maccabi Haifa will face Apollon Limassol.

Good draw for Olympiacos. Terrible for Apollon.
air

Post by air »

Perfect draw for Ferencváros. Only better option would be to play vs Malmö and start away, but that was already excluded. :)
Last edited by air on Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:11, edited 1 time in total.
Bulgarian

Post by Bulgarian »

Provided no shocks happen -> Ludogorets-Dinamo Z. a tough one i would put them just behind Oly but i can understand someone if he tells me they are the other way around.
Luck smiled on the hungarians while firmen will not be happy.
wannabeontop

Post by wannabeontop »

air wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:11 Perfect draw for Ferencváros. Only better option would be to play vs Malmö and start away, but that was already excluded. :)
Not bad but this way Ferencváros will be unseeded in the playoff draw if they progress.
In Game of Thrones conquerors always say to the defeated side: "Bend the knee and you''ll live". As if they weren't alive right now.

I'm smarter than it shows. Just don't want to discourage anyone.
Firnen

Post by Firnen »

Crvena Zvezda get the easiest draw, vs Pyunik/Dudelange.

Potential Nordic derby ahead, Bodo vs Malmo.
Firnen

Post by Firnen »

Monaco vs PSV, it's the first head to head tie between teams from countries battling for top 5/top 6.
zwezwe

Post by zwezwe »

Disaster draws for the Cypriot teams. Cant see any of them going through the third round.

Unlucky AEK getting Benfica if they would make it through Midtjylland. No chance.
Omonoia Nicosia
Firnen

Post by Firnen »

zwezwe wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:18 Disaster draws for the Cypriot teams. Cant see any of them going through the third round.

Unlucky AEK getting Benfica if they would make it through Midtjylland. No chance.
For AEK Larnaca, the EL draw is more important. Let's not kid ourselves, they can't reach UCL Groups. If they beat Midtjylland, it's mission accomplished. If not, moving on to the 2nd chance for European Groups.
air

Post by air »

wannabeontop wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:13
air wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:11 Perfect draw for Ferencváros. Only better option would be to play vs Malmö and start away, but that was already excluded. :)
Not bad but this way Ferencváros will be unseeded in the playoff draw if they progress.
True. Can be seen an other way: with this draw there are more chances Fradi to end up in ELGS, which is the less preferred option for me from the 3 GSs, due to financial and coeff reasons.
But obviously firstly let's focus on Slovan :smile1:
zwezwe

Post by zwezwe »

Firnen wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:20
zwezwe wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:18 Disaster draws for the Cypriot teams. Cant see any of them going through the third round.

For AEK Larnaca, the EL draw is more important. Let's not kid ourselves, they can't reach UCL Groups. If they beat Midtjylland, it's mission accomplished. If not, moving on to the 2nd chance for European Groups.

True, but atleast there would have been a little chance against the other teams in case of of getting through the second.

If Olympiakos get through Maccabi they should not have a problem with Apollon.
Omonoia Nicosia