UEFA Europa Conference League 2022/23 3rd Qualifying Round

Champions League, Europa League, Conference League
shnura

Post by shnura »

I don't think even the referee will be punished if the official delegate didn't mention his mistake in the game report. But levski trying to get a rematch based on a screenshot (they don't even have video footage) is beyond desperate. I mean yesterday they were about to appeal that Hamrun made more substitutes than allowed until someone told them in extra time you get an extra sub and now they came up with this. I seriously have no idea what's wrong with the people running this club.
bossake

Post by bossake »

Such a big mistake from the Romanian refree. He had also a bad game last week in Fc U Craiova 1948- Cs U Craiova when he awarded a totally inexistent penalty..

The Hamrun player, which was involved in the goal, was some good yards in the opposite pitch when the ball was started.

Maybe someone can post the picture here.
Bulgarian

Post by Bulgarian »

Not the best quality.The player is indeed well in on their side of the pitch and they are about to kickoff.Of course there is about zero chance that they will get a replay of the game and they are to blame themselves in the first place.But it does piss me off further ngl.

Maybe the romanian ref. wanted to help Romania to pass us for 24th lol.
ultra2013

Post by ultra2013 »

Recently, something similar happened in Bundesliga.
Bayern at some point had 12 players on the pitch vs Freiburg. Bayern received no punishment.
https://www.dw.com/en/bayern-munich-hav ... a-61342451
https://www.goal.com/en/news/bayern-mun ... e24aec778a
Greyn

Post by Greyn »

Did Levski officials honestly believe that a rematch is possible because of that? Let's be serious. I don't know what would have to happen during the match to force UEFA to make such a decision, but surely not something like that.
air

Post by air »

Bulgarian wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 14:31 Image
Not the best quality.The player is indeed well in on their side of the pitch and they are about to kickoff.Of course there is about zero chance that they will get a replay of the game and they are to blame themselves in the first place.But it does piss me off further ngl.

Or Hungary as István Kovács is hardly Romanian 🤫
air

Post by air »

It's the same mistake like a mistake with awarding a penalty when the foul was before the line, or like a simple offside error.

Levski should stop crying and think about how on Earth they lost vs a Maltese team with or without a kickoff ref mistake.
air

Post by air »

And btw VAR is needed wherever it's possible for quali matches.
Bulgarian

Post by Bulgarian »

air wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 13:20
Bulgarian wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 14:31 Image

Or Hungary as István Kovács is hardly Romanian 🤫
He is an incompetent donkey for all that i care. I hope he gets punished.
As_Contas_do_Título

Post by As_Contas_do_Título »

Sillu1991 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 20:09
That is the reason why Portugal league is 7th place in coefficent ranking and well deserved 7th place. You cant think to have 3 and half good teams and be the 5th place league. It is not enough.
And half?? Is the half team the one that reached the EL final a decade ago (only to lose to a fellow portuguese team) and just last year reached the quarter finals when they get the team that reached the final, Rangers (and, more importantly, got a French referee in the second leg, who sent off a Braga player in the first half in a situation in which referees never show red card, only penalty; even playing with 10, Braga managed to take the game to extra time, and then the ref didn't sent off a Rangers player in a blatant situation, and Braga even got a second player out, ending with 9 vs 11). And eliminated Monaco in the way. In fact, the 4th portuguese team in UEFA ranking, Braga, is only surpassed by two french teams (PSG and Lyon) and one dutch (Ajax). So, if Braga is a "half" team, how many "half" french and dutch teams are there? I would love to see if the french doesn't have just one team in ECL playoffs (the team that plays the CL qualifying is guaranteed group stage), but have to play 3+2=5 european qualifying rounds to guarantee GS, like the portuguese and dutch have. Also, let's not forget that, last season, Paços got Tottenham in playoffs and even managed to win the first game at home, and Santa Clara could have scored many goals in the first leg against Partizan at home but only scored 2 and, at the end, they suffered one. Then, in the second leg, the ref invented a penalty for Partizan when the game was 0-0, and they suffered the second goal just after that. Talking about Vitória, they have qualified for EL GS in some occasions (they once could even have qualified for CL GS against Basel some years ago, when Roberto's winning goal a few minutes before the end was disallowed for a supposed offside when it was clearly not an offside https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNWyCDQIGps ), and in the last time they did it, despite only winning in Germany against Eintracht and drawing two other games, ending with just 5 points, they had better statistics than their opponents in almost all games (funny enough, their only victory was the only game that their opponents had better stats than them), and Arsenal was also in the group.
Dragonite

Post by Dragonite »

Each of Porto, Benfica, Sporting and Braga individually is "seven eighths good", so combined they're "three and a half good" teams. :grin1:
Records and Statistics:
:arrow: Champions League (all 141 participants - 1992/1993 to 2019/2020)
:arrow: Europa League (all 215 participants - 2009/2010 to 2019/2020)
:arrow: UEFA Youth League (all 162 participants - 2013/2014 to 2019/2020)
Juliusz

Post by Juliusz »

Bulgarian wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:46 Levski have officially protested to UEFA and want the game to be replayed. The reason is a Hamroun player was running into their field before the kickoff for 1-1. The same player then assisted and they scored the second. They are in their right to protest as that player influenced the attack while being in an illegal position but i doubt they will succeed much with it.
Dismissed by UEFA, as expected.
nogomet

Post by nogomet »

Details of shocking behavior from Vitoria are starting to come to light. Turning on the heat (!) in Hajduk's lockeroom during an already very hot day, not providing sufficient number of water bottles and ice to the team, giving them inadequate massage tables, and, my personal favorite, turning two large speakers towards the away fans' stand, maxing out the volume and playing the same song on repeat for the full hour after the game. Not to speak of the fans throwing seats/chairs on Hajduk players both during and after the game.
Todor

Post by Todor »

Juliusz wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:55
Bulgarian wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:46 Levski have officially protested to UEFA and want the game to be replayed. The reason is a Hamroun player was running into their field before the kickoff for 1-1. The same player then assisted and they scored the second. They are in their right to protest as that player influenced the attack while being in an illegal position but i doubt they will succeed much with it.
Dismissed by UEFA, as expected.
It was a very long shot anyway. We need to swallow the bitter pill and carry on. It was a great chance missed, but we were not supposed to reach this round anyway. Good luck to the Spartans, that are having the season of their lifetime.
rpo.castro

Post by rpo.castro »

nogomet wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 15:28 Details of shocking behavior from Vitoria are starting to come to light. Turning on the heat (!) in Hajduk's lockeroom during an already very hot day, not providing sufficient number of water bottles and ice to the team, giving them inadequate massage tables, and, my personal favorite, turning two large speakers towards the away fans' stand, maxing out the volume and playing the same song on repeat for the full hour after the game. Not to speak of the fans throwing seats/chairs on Hajduk players both during and after the game.
You must be joking right?
Shocking behaviour from Vitoria?
Did Vitoria spread violence in Guimarães city center in the night before the match? Did Vitoria assault journalists at the end of the match?
Hajduk players didn't come to play fooball but foot-leg, and Hajduk ultras as usual come just to spread violence. Did they want a red carpet and champagne maybe?