UEFA Europa League 2022/23 Play-Off round

Champions League, Europa League, Conference League
THEPOSH

Post by THEPOSH »

Finally a good draw for Denmark. Silkeborg will face Maribor or HJK.
Firnen

Post by Firnen »

The best draw from the Priority 3 teams was the one of Malmo, who will face Sivasspor.
dnina10

Post by dnina10 »

Gent should be more than happy with their draw against Omonoia Nicosia. De Buffalo's should be considered favourites for that one
anty1975

Post by anty1975 »

Partizan vs Dnipro would be a very problematic match for authorities, not much love lost between Ukrainian and Serbian fans...
Korgutt

Post by Korgutt »

dnina10 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 13:26 Gent should be more than happy with their draw against Omonoia Nicosia. De Buffalo's should be considered favourites for that one
CL-playoff:
Bodø/Glimt/Zalgiris vs Ludogorets Razgrad/Dinamo Zagreb

EL-playoff:
Ludogorets Razgrad/Dinamo Zagreb vs Bodø/Glimt/Zalgiris
I find this a little funny.
matt

Post by matt »

matt wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 18:50 Ironically enough, for Omonia being priority 4 might be better. They avoid the likes of Fenerbahce, Partizan, Malmo, Olympiakos and could instead face teams like Hearts, Dnipro 1 or Sivasspor. Gent should be the strongest priority 1 side.
The kiss of death. They picked the only really strong option, Gent.
Last edited by matt on Tue Aug 02, 2022 13:31, edited 1 time in total.
International break hater
Agent327

Post by Agent327 »

dnina10 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 13:26 Gent should be more than happy with their draw against Omonoia Nicosia. De Buffalo's should be considered favourites for that one
I dunno, Antwerp needed a PSO against Omonia last year to eliminate them......
You could tell it was a dwarf. Not only his beard, but also his arms dragged on the ground......
dnina10

Post by dnina10 »

Agent327 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 13:31
I know, but that's Antwerp, and they're a joke in Europe
zwezwe

Post by zwezwe »

Omonoia doesnt have any strikers that can score.

Yesterdays shitshow with the Lamkel Zé that was supposed to sign but turned down his medical last minute, newspapers wrote he got a better offer from a hungarian club.

We need another 3,4 signings otherwise were gonna struggle big time against Gent.

Good draw for AEK Larnaca in case they pass Partizan.

Bad draw for Apollon if they get dismissed by Maccabi Haifa
Omonoia Nicosia
Michael S Collins

Post by Michael S Collins »

Linfield or Zurich v Hearts.

Great draw for Zurich! Hah.

But in general, not the worst draw Hearts could have got.
Firnen

Post by Firnen »

Agent327 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 13:31
Omonia finished 8th in Cyprus, they're here as Cup Winners. It would be a massive blunder from Gent to lose to them.
naaba

Post by naaba »

I don't really get that "priority" stuff.

Gent was lucky to get Omonia Nicosia, but how on hell could have they been drawn against Partizan Belgrade, Olympiakos or Fenerbahçe ?

Overall Gent had the 5th highest coefficient of all teams possibly involved in EL-PO, and yet they could have been facing Partizan Belgrade (7th highest) Olympiakos (3rd highest), or Fenerbahçe (9th highest).

Even when they used "regions" it was more clear.
matt

Post by matt »

I have made a simulation of the group stage pots of both EL and ECL, of course based on the results i expect in the next three weeks. Some ties are really close, i chosed based on instinct.

EL

Pot 1 (Roma, Manchester Utd, Arsenal, Lazio, Rangers, Dinamo Zagreb, Braga, Red Star)
Pot 2 (Dinamo Kiev, Olympiacos, Copenhagen, Feyenoord, PSV, Rennes, Plzen, Gent)
Pot 3 (Real Sociedad, Qarabag, Partizan, Malmo, Ludogorets, Sheriff, Betis, Midtjylland)
Pot 4 (Union Berlin, Freiburg, Fenerbahce, Nantes, Sturm Graz, Zurich, Union S. Gilloise, Silkeborg)

Let's see how much the real ones will be different.
Firnen

Post by Firnen »

matt wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 21:03 I have made a simulation of the group stage pots of both EL and ECL, of course based on the results i expect in the next three weeks. Some ties are really close, i chosed based on instinct.

EL

Pot 1 (Roma, Manchester Utd, Arsenal, Lazio, Rangers, Dinamo Zagreb, Braga, Red Star)
Pot 2 (Dinamo Kiev, Olympiacos, Copenhagen, Feyenoord, PSV, Rennes, Plzen, Gent)
Pot 3 (Real Sociedad, Qarabag, Partizan, Malmo, Ludogorets, Sheriff, Betis, Midtjylland)
Pot 4 (Union Berlin, Freiburg, Fenerbahce, Nantes, Sturm Graz, Zurich, Union S. Gilloise, Silkeborg)

Wait, you expect Dinamo Zagreb and Red Star to lose to Bodo Glimt and Maccabi Haifa?
matt

Post by matt »

Firnen wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 21:58
matt wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 21:03 I have made a simulation of the group stage pots of both EL and ECL, of course based on the results i expect in the next three weeks. Some ties are really close, i chosed based on instinct.

EL

Wait, you expect Dinamo Zagreb and Red Star to lose to Bodo Glimt and Maccabi Haifa?
Why not? I have seen stranger things in football.