UEFA Europa League 2022/23 Group Stage

Champions League, Europa League, Conference League
Juliusz

Post by Juliusz »

Dynamo Kyiv will play their home matches in Cracow (Cracovia stadium), if anyone is interested.

I like this group A, where Bodø/Glimt and FC Zürich are able to cause upsets if underestimated.
Dragonite

Post by Dragonite »

Records and Statistics:
:arrow: Champions League (all 141 participants - 1992/1993 to 2019/2020)
:arrow: Europa League (all 215 participants - 2009/2010 to 2019/2020)
:arrow: UEFA Youth League (all 162 participants - 2013/2014 to 2019/2020)
Juliusz

Post by Juliusz »

Jua Ferreira wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 13:46
Polak wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 13:45 Out of curiosity does anyone know why Roma was above Manchester United in the pot 1 ranking with a lower coefficient (not that it matters for the draw)?
ch of previous ECL
To be honest, I didn't see in the regulations that ECL winner is automatically top seeded in EL GS. This time it didn't matter, but if it was a different team, it would be interesting.
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

Arsenal, PSV Eindhoven, Bodo/Glimt, FC Zurich.

So I'll be seeing more of PSV. There were better options, but from what I saw of them, I'm not worried, though I don't imagine that's typical? Missing so many chances and their goalkeeper gifting Rangers two goals? Dutch teams perhaps more than any other are not known for being defensive. Perfect for a team like Arsenal to move the ball through open space.

Bodo will be interesting. Again, there will be space I expect, we'll see if Arsenal can handle the intensity they play at.

Zurich did not impress me vs Hearts. Normally it would be rough to draw the Swiss champ from pot 4, but right now, they're the Swiss chump. Still bottom of the table. Hopefully we play them first, before they have chance to sort themselves out.

Manchester United, Real Sociedad, FC Sheriff, Omonoia.

Real Sociedad never seem to make any impact in Europe, so I'm not annoyed to draw them even though on paper they might be the toughest pot 2 team.

Sheriff hopefully will not be much of a threat, they haven't looked very dangerous, though Rangers also scraped into the EL last season over Armenian opposition, then look what happened.

Don't know much about Omonia, glad to avoid Nantes and Trabzonspor. Hope the away match in Cyprus is MD6.

Overall, I'd say all the teams but PSV and Sheriff were middle of the road draws, with PSV perhaps being one of the better teams in pot 2 and Sheriff being a lucky draw. maybe Omonia is lucky too? Can't complain, and United getting a lucky draw from pot 3 is perhaps the best place it could have happened, along with no bad draws. :up:
Last edited by Lorric on Fri Aug 26, 2022 14:03, edited 2 times in total.
xavier_

Post by xavier_ »

First impressions:

Good draw for almost everyone with the exception of Sheriff. The Moldavian champions on paper do not have the best chances to end in the top2, and the pot 4 team seems to be quite competitive to take the 3rd spot.

Then not so good draw: Ludogorets, Crvena zvezda, Dinamo Kyv - Why? Despite their pot status these teams are looking to finish 1 or 2 spots below. At first glance.
Korgutt

Post by Korgutt »

Will Bodø/Glimt in EL and Molde in ECL start at home and finish away because Norway is a winter nation?
Bulgarian

Post by Bulgarian »

Is the schedule out later today?
I hope Ludogorets games with HJK are 3 and 4 or the home leg is in the second half of the games.
Also after attending CSKA-Roma last year i think this time around i might attend Ludogorets-Betis.
seso

Post by seso »

Interesting draw for Oly with Nantes and Qarabağ! I can't say anything about SC Freiburg.
Stephenmoka4

Post by Stephenmoka4 »

Group D, G and H looks quite challenging, not so clear first place.
Kjello

Post by Kjello »

Korgutt wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 14:08 Will Bodø/Glimt in EL and Molde in ECL start at home and finish away because Norway is a winter nation?
Both will finish away, and play match 5 at home.

My guess is that one will play HAAHHA, and the other AHHAHA.
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

The "Dragonite" group:

Olympiakos, Qarabag, Freiburg, Nantes

The seeded "barbarians" vs the unseeded "civilised". :tongue:
Korgutt

Post by Korgutt »

Kjello wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 14:34
Korgutt wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 14:08 Will Bodø/Glimt in EL and Molde in ECL start at home and finish away because Norway is a winter nation?
Both will finish away, and play match 5 at home.

My guess is that one will play HAAHHA, and the other AHHAHA.
New system from last year.
1-6
2-5
3-4
Start and end with same club.
Firnen

Post by Firnen »

Interesting draw for Olympiacos in Group G. It's a draw that a usual Olympiacos would see as a shot for 1st place, but the current one is losing to Freiburg and struggles against Qarabag and maybe Nantes too. But the current one struggles against everyone, so if they don't improve, the draw is irrelevant.

I like the draw for both Cypriot teams: Omonoia in Group E gets an opponent they can definitely beat (Sheriff) and the prestige of Manchester United, while AEK Larnaca in Group B gets Dynamo Kyiv (they have a decent chance to beat them) and a spicy matchup with Fenerbahce (also a shot to get results here). Rennes will probably win this Group.

Group A sends Arsenal and PSV in Bodo's fortress, will the streak continue? Zurich, tough luck.

Group C has a clear top 2 (Roma and Betis) and the other 2 will fight for 3rd.

Group D is very balanced. Braga, Malmo and the 2 Unions. I have a feeling Union Berlin will grab 1st, and Malmo will not be bottom. Maybe it's time for a Portuguese club in the ECL in February?

Group F is a nightmare for the police, with Lazio vs Feyenoord. A relatively kind draw for Midtjylland, some smiles for Denmark. Sturm I think is very weak, no matter the Group.

Group H is also very balanced. Slight advantage for Monaco perhaps, but Trabzonspor, Zvezda and Ferencvaros are more or less at the same level, with the Hungarians a bit weaker on paper (but only there I think).
Bulgarian

Post by Bulgarian »

Lorric wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 14:34 The "Dragonite" group:

Olympiakos, Qarabag, Freiburg, Nantes

The seeded "barbarians" vs the unseeded "civilised". :tongue:
:degsmile: :degsmile: :applause:
Nice one.It made me chuckle :grin1:
I wonder what will @Dragonite prediction will be.
Polak

Post by Polak »

seso wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 14:26 Interesting draw for Oly with Nantes and Qarabağ! I can't say anything about SC Freiburg.
In my opinion Olympiakos is the weakest team in that group.