2022/2023 CL (and UYL) Group E: Milan - Chelsea - Salzburg - Dinamo Zagreb

Champions League, Europa League, Conference League
fabiomh

Post by fabiomh »

if I don't get wrong, the ranking of UYL and CL are equal.
Each team have the same number of point.
Dragonite wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:45 UYL:

CL:
Hope for more partecipants in the next Prediction Game
nogomet

Post by nogomet »

How do you pronounce Jaissle?

Zha-ee-lay? Zha-ee-lee? Zhay-lay? Zha-eesl? Zha-eel?
bbi

Post by bbi »

less confident about Chelsea Milan match. Milan was hit with 4 injuries after the weekend: 1 CB, 1 RB and 2 RW. This in addition to the GK and LB. So basically both side-backs will be players that played very few minutes with the rest of the team and as RW there will be an improvisation for sure.
FORZA STEAUA! FORZA MILAN!
Club-Mate

Post by Club-Mate »

nogomet wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:45 How do you pronounce Jaissle?

like y in yes or like in "ja"
nogomet

Post by nogomet »

Club-Mate wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 09:36

Well this is a surprise, I thought this must've been a French surname. So how do you pronounce it after "ja"?
Club-Mate

Post by Club-Mate »

nogomet wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 09:50
Club-Mate wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 09:36

Well this is a surprise, I thought this must've been a French surname. So how do you pronounce it after "ja"?
Jaissle :) well "y ai ssle" do not think in English pronunciation here you get misleading. Rather like in Slowenian/Croatian (J a vornik). Simply German J then a then i (as easy at it is at least for us)
nogomet

Post by nogomet »

Club-Mate wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:03 Jaissle :) well "y ai ssle" do not think in English pronunciation here you get misleading. Simply German J then a then i (as easy at it is at least for us)
This reminds me of Osijek's Laszlo Kleinheisler who wants everyone to pronounce his surname like it's of Hungarian origin, instead of Germanic.
Club-Mate

Post by Club-Mate »

nogomet wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:07
Club-Mate wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:03 Jaissle :) well "y ai ssle" do not think in English pronunciation here you get misleading. Simply German J then a then i (as easy at it is at least for us)
This reminds me of Osijek's Laszlo Kleinheisler who wants everyone to pronounce his surname like it's of Hungarian origin, instead of Germanic.
many letters in German like vocals a, e ,i, o, u are spelled like in Slavic languages rather than in English.
Club-Mate

Post by Club-Mate »

https://www.redbullsalzburg.at/de/aktue ... ue-2022-23

On the first two matchdays of the current UEFA Champions League season no team had to accept more ball losses within 40 meters of their own goal than the Croatians (33). On the other hand FC Salzburg (107) are one of eight teams that have managed to force more than 100 high ball wins in this competition since the start of last season.
And this could be a crucial criteria in this match. Salzburg is known for being able to narrow the spaces in midfield extremely winning the second balls and to switch quickly when getting the ball which can cause problems for many teams.

The last time Dinamo Zagreb kept a clean sheet in the UEFA Champions League was in September 1999 when they drew 0-0 at Old Trafford against Manchester United. Since then the Croatians have conceded 52 goals in their last 18 away games an average of around 2.9 per game. Their last away win was in 1998 at Ajax 0:1. Since then Dinamo has not won 19 away UCL games (3 draws, 16 defeats).
Last edited by Club-Mate on Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:53, edited 2 times in total.
BurningStorm

Post by BurningStorm »

nogomet wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:07
Not surprising as Kleinheisler is Hungarian (even if the surname indicates of German heritage, as it's the same with some other Hungarian players like Andras Schäfer, Lang etc.) while Matthias Jaissle is German.

Here you can hear the pronunciation from Jaissle himself. :wink1: -> https://youtu.be/2YOseT98nZU?t=36 (hope it's not geo-blocked)
nogomet

Post by nogomet »

BurningStorm wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:44 Not surprising as Kleinheisler is Hungarian (even if the surname indicates of German heritage, as it's the same with other Hungarian players like Andras Schäfer, Lang etc.) while Matthias Jaissle is German.

Here you can hear the pronunciation from Jaissle himself. :wink1: -> https://youtu.be/2YOseT98nZU?t=36
I don't agree. A Croat living in Croatia with a surname Schwarz will never ask it to be pronounced according to the rules of Croatian language because that would be incredibly counter-intuitive and difficult to pronounce. It will always be pronounced the way it's pronounced in German language.

The video is geo-locked unfortunately.
BurningStorm

Post by BurningStorm »

nogomet wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:54 I don't agree. A Croat living in Croatia with a surname Schwarz will never ask it to be pronounced according to the rules of Croatian language because that would be incredibly counter-intuitive and difficult to pronounce. It will always be pronounced the way it's pronounced in German language.

The video is geo-locked unfortunately.
It depends on the language, I guess. For many Americans with German surnames it's an unmanageable task to pronounce their names in German. :D I can not judge how different Croatian and Hungarian languages are when it comes to pronouncing German names (probably more similar than the example with Americans). Maybe @air or @wannabeontop can help us if it's difficult to pronounce "Kleinheisler" in Hungarian compared to the normal German pronunciation. And what about Andras Schäfer? Do you guys in Hungary pronounce his name in German?

This should work: https://youtu.be/ZxEGoidvTbw?t=375
nogomet

Post by nogomet »

Coming back to Herr Jaissle, his surname sounds French, but I cannot tell for sure, maybe it has Germanic roots after all. But surname Kleinheisler 100% does not have roots in Hungarian language and it's fully Germanic, like Schwarz, Schneider, etc.
BurningStorm

Post by BurningStorm »

nogomet wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:46 Coming back to Herr Jaissle, his surname sounds French, but I cannot tell for sure, maybe it has Germanic roots after all. But surname Kleinheisler 100% does not have roots in Hungarian language and it's fully Germanic, like Schwarz, Schneider, etc.
If someone in the World tells me the name Jaissle and I have to guess the heritage of the name I would say it's a Swabian name. Matthias Jaissle was born in Nürtingen, Swabia. So I would be right. :) In this area, many names end with "-le". The surname of VfB Stuttgart's chairman of the board is Wehrle, also a Swabian. I would find more examples if I would think longer about it. So yes, it's a typical name in South Germany.

With Kleinheisler you are right of course.
babaluj1

Post by babaluj1 »

Club-Mate wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:32 https://www.redbullsalzburg.at/de/aktue ... ue-2022-23

On the first two matchdays of the current UEFA Champions League season no team had to accept more ball losses within 40 meters of their own goal than the Croatians (33). On the other hand FC Salzburg (107) are one of eight teams that have managed to force more than 100 high ball wins in this competition since the start of last season.
And this could be a crucial criteria in this match. Salzburg is known for being able to narrow the spaces in midfield extremely winning the second balls and to switch quickly when getting the ball which can cause problems for many teams.

The last time Dinamo Zagreb kept a clean sheet in the UEFA Champions League was in September 1999 when they drew 0-0 at Old Trafford against Manchester United. Since then the Croatians have conceded 52 goals in their last 18 away games an average of around 2.9 per game. Their last away win was in 1998 at Ajax 0:1. Since then Dinamo has not won 19 away UCL games (3 draws, 16 defeats).
In the last 4 years, Dinamo is incomparably stronger than it was in 2015/16 or 2016/17 in the CL. That's what the club's rating and results tell you, today's Dinamo can be compared in terms of strength with the one from CL 2019/20 when they were seconds away from going through to the 1/16 CL.
The biggest weakness of this Dinamo is the left back, played by Robert Ljubičić. Against Milan, he lost 20 balls, mostly in his own half. I hope that coach Čačić will not repeat the same mistake with Ljubičić at left back. :mol: