2023/24 UEFA club season (Champions League, Europa League, Europa Conference League): List of qualified teams

including formats, draws, seedings, etc.
amenina

Post by amenina »

bjkman1903 wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 22:46
matt wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 21:19 I hope Osasuna can win at TAS, because UEFA rules are really strict on this matter. The facts happened 10 years ago and the Spanish tribunals ruled that Osasuna is the victim of actions committed by individuals.
The new board cleared this mess and a decade later the facts incriminated the club is punished, you feel for them.

On the other hand i also understand those that say "match fixing must always be punished". Maybe UEFA regulations should allow for a time-limit (passed that, the punishment expire) in cases like this, when the board have changed and all the players too.
Yes, but the rules only apply here because it concerns Osasuna.

UEFA won't dare to exclude Barcelona or Juventus, even if they cheat.
If you are taking about just match fixing, then you are definitely incorrect. UEFA’s rule is pretty clear, if your club is involved in match fixing, you are banned from Europe for one season.

For the clubs you are taking about, Juventus is involved in financial regularities, an entirely different case, while Barcelona have not been proved to be involved in match fixing.
Club-Mate

Post by Club-Mate »

Uefa banned Albanian series champion Skenderbeu Korce for matchfixing and involvement of betting frauds I think for 10 years. Skenderbeu won 2. League in Albania last season and is back in top level again. @Kamtedrejt defenitely would know more about it. Btw I have visited Korca on a travel some yrs ago, nice inviting town (had great hosts) on a plateau above Ohrid lake. The stadium is nice too behind a big park. Want to go there again soon.
Ogiman

Post by Ogiman »

Club-Mate wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 10:52 Uefa banned Albanian series champion Skenderbeu Korce for matchfixing and involvement of betting frauds I think for 10 years. Skenderbeu won 2. League in Albania last season and is back in top level again. @Kamtedrejt defenitely would know more about it. Btw I have visited Korca on a travel some yrs ago, nice inviting town (had great hosts) on a plateau above Ohrid lake. The stadium is nice too behind a big park. Want to go there again soon.
It is a bit strange. If Skenderbeu don't reach Europe via domestic league, their 10-year ban is same as Osasuna's one-year (for something they did ten years ago).
Kamtedrejt

Post by Kamtedrejt »

Club-Mate wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 10:52 Uefa banned Albanian series champion Skenderbeu Korce for matchfixing and involvement of betting frauds I think for 10 years. Skenderbeu won 2. League in Albania last season and is back in top level again. @Kamtedrejt defenitely would know more about it. Btw I have visited Korca on a travel some yrs ago, nice inviting town (had great hosts) on a plateau above Ohrid lake. The stadium is nice too behind a big park. Want to go there again soon.
Yes Skenderbeu manipulated 53 games of which some even in European competitions. People in Albania think that the ban and the fine was over the top. The UEFA used Skenderbeu to set an exemple.

Sports betting was made illegal by Albanian law at the beginning of 2019. Betting offices had to close. You couldn't bet on Albanian league games abroad either for long time. However things didn't improve as sports betting is a culutural thing and part of daily life in most Balkan nations. Illegal bets were still made.

As a consequence sports betting was legalised again in this year.

By the way Lake Ohrid is one of Albania's outstanding pearls. I can only recommend it to everyone.
MercedesBenz240

Post by MercedesBenz240 »

Kamtedrejt wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 12:06
Yes Skenderbeu manipulated 53 games of which some even in European competitions. People in Albania think that the ban and the fine was over the top. The UEFA used Skenderbeu to set an exemple.

Sports betting was made illegal by Albanian law at the beginning of 2019. Betting offices had to close. You couldn't bet on Albanian league games abroad either for long time. However things didn't improve as sports betting is a culutural thing and part of daily life in most Balkan nations. Illegal bets were still made.

As a consequence sports betting was legalised again in this year.

By the way Lake Ohrid is one of Albania's outstanding pearls. I can only recommend it to everyone.
Strong with the weak and weak with the strong. That ban has brought the Albanian league to an all time low
bjkman1903

Post by bjkman1903 »

amenina wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 10:12
matt wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 21:19 I hope Osasuna can win at TAS, because UEFA rules are really strict on this matter. The facts happened 10 years ago and the Spanish tribunals ruled that Osasuna is the victim of actions committed by individuals.
The new board cleared this mess and a decade later the facts incriminated the club is punished, you feel for them.

On the other hand i also understand those that say "match fixing must always be punished". Maybe UEFA regulations should allow for a time-limit (passed that, the punishment expire) in cases like this, when the board have changed and all the players too.

If you are taking about just match fixing, then you are definitely incorrect. UEFA’s rule is pretty clear, if your club is involved in match fixing, you are banned from Europe for one season.

For the clubs you are taking about, Juventus is involved in financial regularities, an entirely different case, while Barcelona have not been proved to be involved in match fixing.
Any kind of cheat.

My point is that the rules do not seem to apply equally to all UEFA members. It's certainly easier to ban Osasuna than Barcelona in my opinion.

For instance, I remember UEFA banned Galatasaray for breaching Financial Fair-Play. But when another team did it (let's say Paris Saint-German), they got away with a simple fine.
Of course, you might argue that with time FFP got softer but still. :wink_anim:

In any case, hopefully Osasuna will win this fight. :up:
Black Eagles 1903
Club-Mate

Post by Club-Mate »

bjkman1903 wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 22:44
amenina wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 10:12

Any kind of cheat.

My point is that the rules do not seem to apply equally to all UEFA members. It's certainly easier to ban Osasuna than Barcelona in my opinion.

For instance, I remember UEFA banned Galatasaray for breaching Financial Fair-Play. But when another team did it (let's say Paris Saint-German), they got away with a simple fine.
Of course, you might argue that with time FFP got softer but still. :wink_anim:

In any case, hopefully Osasuna will win this fight. :up:
if your car stands on a forbidden parking plot and gets a penalty ticket but the car nearby did not get one for the same offense you cannot appeal against your personal penalty only because the other car did not get the same penalty as yours. You have to accept this penalty because it is material law (rule). The same applies with above case. Uefa should fine PSG if they find breaking the FFP rules and must not relieve Besiktas.
krdel

Post by krdel »

Yes, but if the other car belogs to the mayor's slut...
UEFA - We care about money. Pravda za Kolubaru!
As_Contas_do_Título

Post by As_Contas_do_Título »

Today, various newspapers say that Juventus reached an agreement with UEFA and will be out of ECL in return of cleaning their record for future competitions. This let Fiorentina in and, strangely, last year's runners-up of the competition are depending on Second Qualifying Round results to be seeded on the PO round to access the Group Stage.
mspm89

Post by mspm89 »

Will Fiorentina be equally, less or more motivated than in their previous ECL campaing? Logic says the latter option, since one would assume that they want a crack at it again after being so close. Though just as well, they might feel burnt out. I guess it will also depend on how the domestic season develops; an early relegation battle and Fiorentina will probably drop ECL like a hot potato.
matt

Post by matt »

mspm89 wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 20:22 Will Fiorentina be equally, less or more motivated than in their previous ECL campaing? Logic says the latter option, since one would assume that they want a crack at it again after being so close. Though just as well, they might feel burnt out. I guess it will also depend on how the domestic season develops; an early relegation battle and Fiorentina will probably drop ECL like a hot potato.
The Play-Off is the tricky part, then it all depend on the form they have in spring. They will be among the top 2-3 favorite teams to win it.
Honestly i would have preferred a new team like Bologna in Europe (Italy always have the same 7/8 teams in Europe, it's boring), even if they risked a tough draw from an unseeded position. They were very close to the 8th place.

For the ranking Fiorentina in ECL is the best option.
International break hater
Jackson Harrison

Post by Jackson Harrison »

matt wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 20:47
mspm89 wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 20:22 Will Fiorentina be equally, less or more motivated than in their previous ECL campaing? Logic says the latter option, since one would assume that they want a crack at it again after being so close. Though just as well, they might feel burnt out. I guess it will also depend on how the domestic season develops; an early relegation battle and Fiorentina will probably drop ECL like a hot potato.
The Play-Off is the tricky part, then it all depend on the form they have in spring. They will be among the top 2-3 favorite teams to win it.
Honestly i would have preferred a new team like Bologna in Europe (Italy always have the same 7/8 teams in Europe, it's boring), even if they risked a tough draw from an unseeded position. They were very close to the 8th place.

For the ranking Fiorentina in ECL is the best option.
Why would they drop it. The come 2nd last time and will want to go one better this time around.
Eurocity

Post by Eurocity »

Eurocity wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 20:21
Eurocity wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 05:50
Eurocity wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 16:52 The court of Israel Football Association has just decided to refuse Beitar the right to play in ECL. However Beitar is not stripped of the cup itself by now, but got a 2-years suspended sentence: the cup and 3 points in the league may be taken from the club if riots at any match happen again. The club prepares to appeal the decision.
Some Beitar fans threaten to disrupt Israel - Andorra Euro qualifier, to be held at their stadium in Jerusalem on June 19.
The court decision does not say who is to replace Beitar in ECL-Q2. It's either Netanya or Hapoel Jerusalem, if Beitar is not successful with their appeal. All 3 clubs have the same rating (the country one - 5.000), so the decision (and any apppeals) does not affect the seeding in ECL-Q2.
The next development - according to the local press, UEFA made a statement that IFA has no right to exclude Beitar from Europe if it is not stripped of the title. Either Beitar keeps the cup and the spot in ECL, or both are given to Maccabi Netanya. Or if IFA prefers to stick to their decision, than UEFA simply removes Israel CH from ECL.

Following that, IFA is now at a loss what to do, with Beitar appeal pending to be considered by IFA Supreme court next week. Meanwhile Beitar fans protested near some judges houses, sent online and phone threats and blocked roads.
Tonight IFA supreme court has amended the previous verdict.
Beitar is allowed to play in ECL.
However they were thrown out of 2023-24 Israel Cup. Moreover, 3 actual and 3 conditional points were deducted from Beitar in the 2023-24 Israel league.
Beitar appealed once again and today the final decision was delivered.
They are allowed to play in Israel Cup this season, but league penalty was increased from 3 actual points to 4 actual and 3 conditional points. Given Beitar fans usual modus operandi, those 3 are very likely to become actual as well.
In the meantime between appeals, Beitar engaged in blackmailing the IFA, issuing threats to boycott Israel Supercup (to be played next Saturday) or leave the league altogether.
However today Beitar said that they accept the decision while they are not happy with it.
matt

Post by matt »

OlliWender wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 20:33
amenina wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 20:01 Some news to report which may affect European qualification for next season:

The Kosovo government and football federation have opened an investigation on two matches in the final round of the Kosovo Superleague played yesterday, Ferizaj 2-1 Dukagjini and Trepça’89 2-1 Prishtina, for suspicious activities.

https://nacionale.com/sport/nisin-hetim ... -prishtina

https://www.ffk-kosova.com/reagim-i-ffk-se-11/
17 minutes !!! of extra time and then this goal is just ridiculous:

https://twitter.com/kosovarfootball/sta ... 1851321348

Full Game Highlights:

Ferizaj v Dukagjini: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9QKIV9rq30

Trepca v Prishtina: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crQLJ8f_Dwc

A reminder that Dukagjini is having a good time in UEFA competitions two months after this events, while Osasuna are desperately appealing at CAS 10 years after the events. The secret is to qualify before the courts decide that match fixing happened, even in blatant cases.
International break hater
amenina

Post by amenina »

matt wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 14:57
OlliWender wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 20:33
amenina wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 20:01 Some news to report which may affect European qualification for next season:

The Kosovo government and football federation have opened an investigation on two matches in the final round of the Kosovo Superleague played yesterday, Ferizaj 2-1 Dukagjini and Trepça’89 2-1 Prishtina, for suspicious activities.

https://nacionale.com/sport/nisin-hetim ... -prishtina

https://www.ffk-kosova.com/reagim-i-ffk-se-11/
17 minutes !!! of extra time and then this goal is just ridiculous:

https://twitter.com/kosovarfootball/sta ... 1851321348

Full Game Highlights:

Ferizaj v Dukagjini: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9QKIV9rq30

Trepca v Prishtina: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crQLJ8f_Dwc

A reminder that Dukagjini is having a good time in UEFA competitions two months after this events, while Osasuna are desperately appealing at CAS 10 years after the events. The secret is to qualify before the courts decide that match fixing happened, even in blatant cases.
Without any verdict by the relevant football authorities, UEFA have no legal basis to ban the Kosovo club from entering this year’s European competition. If the said club is eventually found guilty, they will be removed from the next season which they qualify for.